My Time To Step Down From Ring

Juha Harju

Hello all,

This decision has been running for a long time in my head and now it´s time to say it public. Very hard thing for me but life goes on even after this.

I started train hard when I was 14 years and it has been continued all my life. Only species has changed along the way.

I have given almost nine years of my life to grip. I have done all my best with all contests, free coaching, judging, promoting, helped lot of dudes how to train with right way etc...

I brought with hard working grip strength from Finland to international "rings". It was not kids play but now it´s done.

I do not want to complain anything, I´m very pleased for all those years. I have received so much that I can´t ever understand it.

Nowdays I have enough hungry dudes who I instruct for my job.

I wanna thank all you dudes for those great moments what we have experienced together.

-Juha Harju

• Like 18

Sorry to hear this Juha. Everyone will reach this point though, and it's time to move on to other things. Love watching your videos and have learned a lot! I'm sure your energies in coaching will produce some serious monsters!

• Like 1

My first thoughts were: say it ain't so, nooooooo!

I understand why you might feel like this after achieving your biggest goals; it takes a lot of time and dedication to achieve your level of greatness in the sport. You will maintain close to your top strength with just a little training, so I hope you don't stop completely (doubt you could as fun as this stuff is). Awesome video too and thanks for the mention my friend!

You do not need to thank us fans...

WE THANK YOU!

Rich Cottrell

• Like 2

Best wishes to you, Juha. I always enjoy watching your videos!

It's definitely a tough hit when a great says they are stepping down.

You have reached a point that you can do this and look back and say, yes I did give a 100% and I'm completely alright with doing this at this time.

Thank you so much for all your help and all your excellent moments you shared with us all.

Can't wait to see the final two goals!

You've amassed some very impressive accomplishments in your time with handstrength feats Juha. Take care and do what makes you happy bud. You've set the bar high enough to keep people busy for years to try and catch up.

Wow. Didn't see this coming. I pretty much just got used to your more and more impressive feats coming regularly.

You certainly don't have anything to prove. You're a Hall of Fame Gripster (if such a thing exists) and have been a credit to the sport.

I have a feeling that we will all see you "clean the INCH" before the end. We are rooting for you and will share in the excitement you feel when you accomplish such a momentous feat.

Best of luck in everything you choose to do. I know whatever that is, with your drive, you will be successful.

Hail to the "GripMonster!"

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear this - you're one of the greats - but I understand. Good Luck to you wherever your path may take you!

Edited by climber511

Sorry to hear this. You are one of the most balanced gripsters of all time! No weaknesses!

• Like 1

Juha, I understand Your decision. I hope You will be happy with it in the long run! The only thing left - and I think what most of the members here would love to see - is indeed the InchDB clean - which would be a real appropriate way to go. Either way I wish You luck on Your further way! :rock

Juha is a pity that you're gone. I was hoping that you will do Inch.
In any case, you go with a whole epoch.

Igor Kupinsky from Yagotin, Ukraine.

• Like 1

You still cleaning the inch or is this just competition? I'm gonna miss watching your videos man... Killer stuff you're doing and it seems as though you're just scratching the surface of your potential. Never stop training bro

• Like 1

Juha, you are a legend in this game and I have enjoyed watching the videos of your many, many insane feats. Nothing but respect, man. I also learned a great deal from your video on grip recovery, and still watch it from time to time to refresh my memory.

That said, I feel like there are two gripper certs that you need to avenge before you go. You know which ones I am talking about!

Best of luck to you and your new direction in life. Like so many others on the GB I really enjoyed your 'high-intensity' videos.

Juha Thank you so much for all the great feats, sportmanship and sheer determination you've shown us!

Hope to see you clean that inch before you step down for good!

All the best.

Thank you all, you all are very friendly.

Also big thanks to Bill and AWESOME GripBoard forum.

Thanks to Tommy "WORD" Jennings who has motivated me with my grip work.

My competing is over now but I still continue my grip with INCH clean and other feat too which will come after INCH clean.

-Juha

• Like 6

Thank you all, you all are very friendly.

Also big thanks to Bill and AWESOME GripBoard forum.

Thanks to Tommy "WORD" Jennings who has motivated me with my grip work.

My competing is over now but I still continue my grip with INCH clean and other feat too which will come after INCH clean.

-Juha

The Inch Clean doesn't seem that far away.

I am very sad to be hear this... :(

Juha, you have been an inspiration to many of us over the years. You cant stop now! I totally agree with John that it seems you have not reached your full potential yet. It seems like nothing stops you. One goal, and feat after another, you have kept getting stronger without plateau.

Before you leave you must:

Clean the inch

Double lift 2-25k discs

Double lift - inch + 2-25k discs

MM7

3.5 cert

And also destroy IM current silver buller WR

:)

There are not many on your level that continue to stay hungry, continue to stay competing as long as you have on the level you have, and continue to keep getting stronger, like you do.

I say keep going!

Keep smashing records.

Keep inspiring.

Also, thank you Juha for all the kind words of encouragement over the last few years. Respect! And salute!

Thanks that you encouraged me to continue bro.

Finally I'm happy that I don't have to practise 6 days a week and two times a day. I try to learn to live "normal sofa potato" life. HA HA!

• Like 4

I am very sad to be hear this... :(

Juha, you have been an inspiration to many of us over the years. You cant stop now! I totally agree with John that it seems you have not reached your full potential yet. It seems like nothing stops you. One goal, and feat after another, you have kept getting stronger without plateau.

Before you leave you must:

Clean the inch

Double lift 2-25k discs

Double lift - inch + 2-25k discs

MM7

3.5 cert

And also destroy IM current silver buller WR

:)

There are not many on your level that continue to stay hungry, continue to stay competing as long as you have on the level you have, and continue to keep getting stronger, like you do.

I say keep going!

Keep smashing records.

Keep inspiring.

Also, thank you Juha for all the kind words of encouragement over the last few years. Respect! And salute!

Thanks that you encouraged me to continue bro.

Finally I'm happy that I don't have to practise 6 days a week and two times a day. I try to learn to live "normal sofa potato" life. HA HA!

I can coach you on that.
  • Like 3

I am pretty new to the sport but the more I learn and explore this forum, the more I see your name and feats! Congrats on a great grip career. So much to be inspired by. I've been a "sofa potato" level 10 for many years now! haha. Good luck with all you do in the future.

Christopher Gallagher

• Like 1