Tim Struse

EricMilfeld

That was nice.

Congrats Tim.

Edited by FrankyBoy

Eric, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Let me make sure I have this right... if the athlete requests a specific date and the gripper arrives more than 48 hours before the date specified, then the 48 hour rule doesn't apply, however the athlete must make the attempt on or before the specified date.

Hey, congratulations, Tim! Lookin' very strong.

I guess it's an unwritten rule, but that's how I've been handling requests for specific date attempts. Mail delivery is obviously not the sort of exact science that can accommodate a 48 hour rule when a specific date is requested. The 48 hour rule was to prevent someone from holding onto a gripper waiting for planetary alignment while a host of gripsters waited in line.

When the gripper arrives, the athlete has 48 hrs to make the attempts, period. That's what the rule means. If it arrives 2 days before the "request" then it still applies.

Also, in the future, if specific dates are requested then maybe the athlete should pay for expedited overnight shipping. To request a specific date with the USPS is not possible unless it's overnight shipping.

When the gripper arrives, the athlete has 48 hrs to make the attempts, period. That's what the rule means. If it arrives 2 days before the "request" then it still applies.

Also, in the future, if specific dates are requested then maybe the athlete should pay for expedited overnight shipping. To request a specific date with the USPS is not possible unless it's overnight shipping.

I stand corrected. :)

Eric does such a great job there is no way we want to make things more difficult by having him try to "hit dates requested". So, don't ask unless you are ready at any time. Plain and simple. :)