Zenith 4 Gripper

Randall Strossen

Cool! I am looking forward to hearing people's feedback given this new higher level....

The Zenith 4 looks awesome Randall! I look forward to trying out my Zenith 3 soon. :grin:

Thanks much, guys—appreciate your interest.

You know that IronMind designed Zenith for conditioning as well as strength so we began by focussing on the lower end of the strength spectrum but for you guys who are up at around the level of a Captains of Crush No. 3 gripper or beyond, Zenith 4 should be a suitable playmate.

If you have a chance to try a Zenith 4, I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think.

Got my Z4 today...made just like the other ones. Wide-setting it, I'll get it to about 3/4" before it slips too far back in my hand. I'd say its in the 160's or so.

Will try it later with some chalk.

Is this the same diameter spring used on CoC #4's??? The spring diameter is insane!

Got my Z4 today...made just like the other ones. Wide-setting it, I'll get it to about 3/4" before it slips too far back in my hand. I'd say its in the 160's or so.

Is this the same diameter spring used on CoC #4's??? The spring diameter is insane!

Nice, sounds like a good smooth gripper option for guys who regularly work with the COC #3.5.

haha out of my league at the moment.. @ gm1swm - it is anything like the vulcan; being that it has smooth handles?

Even though they are tailored to complement Captains of Crush grippers, Zenith grippers feel different and as you train on them, you'll see that you even place them in your hand a little differently—if you thought you were smart on setting a gripper, chances are good that Zenith will help you get even better at it; and if you were not so good at it, here's your chance to really go to school.

My quick comment is that you'll learn about where to lock in at the base of the thumb, and you'll also get some fast feedback if you're straightlining it or not as you pull in on this puppy. Not too smart at this end on RGCs (if that's what the 160s is about), but I can tell you with absolute certainty that any RGC on a CoC will not feel the same as the same number on a Zenith (no matter who cross calibrated the RGCs, lubed or not, and whatever latitude and longitude, or maybe I should say, especially if those things are true), but I bet a lot of guys have already figured that out.

Well, that's sort of getting into some GOPD stuff and maybe the most important thing is not to worry about those details and just take Zenith out for a spin and enjoy a whole new way to train your grip.

Even though they are tailored to complement Captains of Crush grippers, Zenith grippers feel different and as you train on them, you'll see that you even place them in your hand a little differently—if you thought you were smart on setting a gripper, chances are good that Zenith will help you get even better at it; and if you were not so good at it, here's your chance to really go to school.

My quick comment is that you'll learn about where to lock in at the base of the thumb, and you'll also get some fast feedback if you're straightlining it or not as you pull in on this puppy. Not too smart at this end on RGCs (if that's what the 160s is about), but I can tell you with absolute certainty that any RGC on a CoC will not feel the same as the same number on a Zenith (no matter who cross calibrated the RGCs, lubed or not, and whatever latitude and longitude, or maybe I should say, especially if those things are true), but I bet a lot of guys have already figured that out.

Well, that's sort of getting into some GOPD stuff and maybe the most important thing is not to worry about those details and just take Zenith out for a spin and enjoy a whole new way to train your grip.

The 160s number is just to give people an idea of what it feels like in comparison to other grippers. Factor in this ballpark number with Zenith gripper characteristics and you'll understand what this gripper feels like.

Ultimately, a great tool for 3.5 closers like Chez said!!!