Elite Gripsters- What Was Your Hardest Grip Feat To Achieve?

David Mitti

Adam Glass' website says that it's 122 pounds with a 4 inch handle but it also says in the same section that Mark Henry has never clean and pressed the inch but I would've swore that he did it at a AOBS dinner.

I still like the circus bell myself. Wasn't there another dumbbell on here as well that weight 222 pounds or something like that? Seems that I remember a video of Odd H. lifting it. Looked like a big inch dumbbell.

Okay, according to a quote from Dennis, the bell weighs 98 pounds with a handle slightly under 4 inches. Dennis replied to an article on toughguynews.com. He says that his son stated it was 98 pounds and that only Mark was successful.

Edited by Tim T

Awesome list Aaron! We all aspire to be on yer level one day brother!

I've done a few WC grip feats in the last year...

I'd still say bending a 6" Edgin was the hardest!!

As far as grip specific....

zuvers plate lift

350-DO axle

10 & 12lb. Sledgehammer coin lifts. (#12@ 25")

Still got a lot to learn... Awesome post by all!

Cheers.

Okay, according to a quote from Dennis, the bell weighs 98 pounds with a handle slightly under 4 inches.

Hmmm.... sounds like something I'm going to have to try to make.

im thinkin the same thing. and im betting that that large of a handle would allow a hell of a butt weld being its so large in diameter (i.e. no machining required). that and the fact that the bells are somewhat tiny in comparison to other thick handled bells should allow it to be one tough arse bell. (tough as in hard to break) ....and lift i guess. lol!

I was looking at CRS 4" diameter bar - runs 42.7lbs/ft. Just a little over 2 foot of bar, and you don't even have to weld! :grin:

zuvers plate lift

350-DO axle

Cheers.

Thanks Robert. 6" is a good one for sure as are all the things you listed very good ones. Best time I ever had on one was towards the end of my bending time, 23 sec as a warmup for something else. This is a vid from earlier in my bending. Sorry about the bad quality as it seems to have degraded since I uploaded it years ago. Also back when we were still using leather crush pads to finish big bends.

5.5" Edgin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbr6WYdES6I

Certainly the #4 cert since it's been like 10 years and i still have not managed it (of course it got harder with the rule changes). As for the ones that i have managed definately HG500 deep set close was the one i failed the most before i got it.

zuvers plate lift

350-DO axle

Cheers.

Thanks Robert. 6" is a good one for sure as are all the things you listed very good ones. Best time I ever had on one was towards the end of my bending time, 23 sec as a warmup for something else. This is a vid from earlier in my bending. Sorry about the bad quality as it seems to have degraded since I uploaded it years ago. Also back when we were still using leather crush pads to finish big bends.

5.5" Edgin

Wow Aaron 23 sec as a warmup bend on the 6 inch big G5?! I didnt know that! Also you said when we were still bending in leather crush pads, what do you mean? Is it not allowed now?

Wow Aaron 23 sec as a warmup bend on the 6 inch big G5?! I didnt know that! Also you said when we were still bending in leather crush pads, what do you mean? Is it not allowed now?

Yep Big G5. Not videoed or anything as it was a warm up bend that just happened to go fast. As far as I know they are still allowed I'm just not sure if anyone still uses them. Though FBBC used to sell some too. There is definitely an art to them they are thicker leather pieces that you would typically use without the wraps at the very end of tough bends. The bars were prone to shift and hurt you with them though. They were most helpful with finishing short very tough springy bars. Most if not all of the bigger benders during the heyday a few years ago used them to help reduce hand injuries. I know I would often have the ends of bars cut through multiple layers of wrap on the tough bends during the crush down even when rounding the edges.

- Aaron

No words Aaron... :O

I know how hard that steel is!!

My 6" took me plenty longer than that... jeez bro you gotta come back to bending!

Also I bent mine with the head intact...gotta try one headless. Could definitely get a better wrap on the steel!

I was obsessed with bending the 5" Red Nail in single IMPs. For me, that was it. I worked at it hard for years and was finally able to get the 5.5" Red in single IMPs, which was a short but intense battle.

The next week, I hit a 5.25" Red in IMPs and took it down to about 3 1/2". Around the same time, attempting to hit a 610lb. (6") O1 bar in IMPs in which I popped something out in my forearm/elbow pretty bad. So had to stop at that level for a few months, and was never really able to get back to that. I am happy I was able to bend the 5.5, but look back and wonder sometimes, what might have happened if I could have avoided injury for another few months.

Here is the 5.5" Red bend (one of the best days ever! LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIa_q9sQSU4

• Like 1

No words Aaron... :O

I know how hard that steel is!!

My 6" took me plenty longer than that... jeez bro you gotta come back to bending!

Also I bent mine with the head intact...gotta try one headless. Could definitely get a better wrap on the steel!

Robert, I think about getting back to it from time to time but the recovery from bending just throws off my other training contest grip training too much. I occasionally bend a 60d or Red nail for people but I haven't bent anything bigger than that in quite some time.

Here is another one for you. Bastard, Big Bastard, Huge Bastard, Grand Bastard and Mag Bastard all bent in 5 minutes. Was same day as that other 5.5 Edgin bend but later after the comp and a couple beers for inspiration. :)

• Like 1

Here is another one for you. Bastard, Big Bastard, Huge Bastard, Grand Bastard and Mag Bastard all bent in 5 minutes. Was same day as that other 5.5 Edgin bend

That is incredible! I remember hearing or reading about that before. Did anyone else ever attempt anything like that?