Elite Gripsters- What Was Your Hardest Grip Feat To Achieve?

David Mitti

I think crackin another beer is the easiest feat

i have ever done.

I wish it was a harder feat than maybe I wouldn't have this damn gut..lol

lmao.

Lol Chez is a Elite wine drinker

and i an Elite beer chuggin fool !

Is smashing beer caps with your

thumb and index finger Elite ? Jk

guys, good night!

I think closing grippers is hard for everyone across the board. For big handed people it can sometimes be harder because their hands will be in the way.

But the 2HP imo is the best measure to test pinch grip regardless of hand size, if you have a big hand it can be widened, if you have a smaller hand it can be more narrow. The more I use that thing the more I love it.

• Like 1

I've always found it interesting the differences in natural strengths people have. One will have good natural fat bar and suck at pinch - then the other way around etc. Some of it can be explained by work etc but often it's just the way the body is put together - fascinating.

• Like 2

I think closing grippers is hard for everyone across the board. For big handed people it can sometimes be harder because their hands will be in the way.

But the 2HP imo is the best measure to test pinch grip regardless of hand size, if you have a big hand it can be widened, if you have a smaller hand it can be more narrow. The more I use that thing the more I love it.

Agreed,

With the adjustable factor of the 2hp it really does level out the playing field..

I've always found it interesting the differences in natural strengths people have. One will have good natural fat bar and suck at pinch - then the other way around etc. Some of it can be explained by work etc but often it's just the way the body is put together - fascinating.

THIS^^

i am not elite..

Then I'm not sure what it takes ;)

Totally Agree Matt!

Would really like to know if there was something in particular that gave you a hard time to achieve Chris!

Thanks bro..

I've done a number of interesting and tough feats over the years. 2x45's pinch + 20#, or 2x45's for reps, 255# Euro 2HP in training, and 275# 2Hp on the 2" Saxon Bar, 400+ DO Axle, 227# 1H Axle DL, #3 TNS, MM5, Easier #4 Parallel set close in competition, 45# Plate hub lift with +42.5#, Hub flip catches, curls front raises, etc, Blob + 13#, Bending Bastard thru Mag bastard consecutively all in 5 minutes total, KOAB, 6" x 5/16 square, etc, etc, etc. For me by far the toughest that I had to work for was the Inch DB lift. I had achieved many of those things I listed long before I was able to lift the Inch and had to train specifically for it for quite some time. With my hands I get very poor wrap on that size handle and have about 1" between tip of thumb and tip of middle finger when gripping the handle on it. Made it more of a pinch lift for me.

- Aaron

• Like 5

I've done a number of interesting and tough feats over the years. 2x45's pinch + 20#, or 2x45's for reps, 255# Euro 2HP in training, and 275# 2Hp on the 2" Saxon Bar, 400+ DO Axle, 227# 1H Axle DL, #3 TNS, MM5, Easier #4 Parallel set close in competition, 45# Plate hub lift with +42.5#, Hub flip catches, curls front raises, etc, Blob + 13#, Bending Bastard thru Mag bastard consecutively all in 5 minutes total, KOAB, 6" x 5/16 square, etc, etc, etc. For me by far the toughest that I had to work for was the Inch DB lift. I had achieved many of those things I listed long before I was able to lift the Inch and had to train specifically for it for quite some time. With my hands I get very poor wrap on that size handle and have about 1" between tip of thumb and tip of middle finger when gripping the handle on it. Made it more of a pinch lift for me. - Aaron

Just shows how hard the

inch really is...amazing feats man.

• Like 2

I've done a number of interesting and tough feats over the years. 2x45's pinch + 20#, or 2x45's for reps, 255# Euro 2HP in training, and 275# 2Hp on the 2" Saxon Bar, 400+ DO Axle, 227# 1H Axle DL, #3 TNS, MM5, Easier #4 Parallel set close in competition, 45# Plate hub lift with +42.5#, Hub flip catches, curls front raises, etc, Blob + 13#, Bending Bastard thru Mag bastard consecutively all in 5 minutes total, KOAB, 6" x 5/16 square, etc, etc, etc. For me by far the toughest that I had to work for was the Inch DB lift. I had achieved many of those things I listed long before I was able to lift the Inch and had to train specifically for it for quite some time. With my hands I get very poor wrap on that size handle and have about 1" between tip of thumb and tip of middle finger when gripping the handle on it. Made it more of a pinch lift for me.

- Aaron

That is one crazy strong list of grip feats Aaron!

Thank you very much for sharing what gave you the most challenge.

Mine hardest grip feat which I have done is 4x10kg pinch. It took many years until I could do it. 1st time when I tried it was 2008 and I thought that it´s impossible.

• Like 5

i am not elite..

Then I'm not sure what it takes ;)

Haha. I went by the nags elite 3 lift totals.. Im a few lbs out (30 or so) from an elite total.

I bet your 2HP is about to rise by 40 lbs or something crazy.

Does anyone else feel like a weak little girl after reading Acorn's list of accomplishments?

• Like 4

Does anyone else feel like a weak little girl after reading Acorn's list of accomplishments?

Everyone does.

• Like 3

Everyone does.

Agreed!

... and that's not even a complete list. There's other feats that he'll do when you stop by, and you can't believe he just did it right in front of you. 3 finger & thumb 50# blob lifts, barehanded reverse kinks, etc. etc... A year and a half ago hub lifting, he hovered a 45# plate with 45#'s of additional weight. I'm sure there's other stuff I've forgotten about, or that he hasn't done in front of people.

Certainly not my intention guys. We all start some where. My first bends were the green nail, pinches were in the 2x 25s range, andsome 155 on mythe euro when I finallywas got one, etc. I didn't start out mutant strong on everything. I busted my ass and trained hard and smart on my weak points over the last 8 years.

• Like 8

Mine hardest grip feat which I have done is 4x10kg pinch. It took many years until I could do it. 1st time when I tried it was 2008 and I thought that it´s impossible.

Thanks for sharing Juha!

Although I am fairly new to grip I would say the hardest thing that I have actually done in grip would be the strict blob curl against the wall but I would also have to put 200+# on the 2HP euro as I struggled for a long time with the 2HP despite lifting 90+# in the 1HP. Next goals would be the INCH and certifying with #3 COC.

90% of what I do (or more) is bending and I only dabble in the other stuff. I've closed a 2.5 and I've never had correct equipment to test my pinch and other feats but from what I've seen a few other people do, the feats that I would love to do the most are:

Cert on the gold nail.

Cert on the #4

What was that crazy dumbbell that Mark Henry and Odd H lifted at the Arnold a while back? Didn't it have a 3 inch handle and weight something like 202 pounds? I think it was called the circus bell or something like that....anyway, that would be awesome especially when you consider how crazy hard the inch is.

Did'nt Mark Henry also lift the Fish dumbell.

Did'nt Mark Henry also lift the Fish dumbell.

Yeah, the video is on Logan's website, but does anybody have details on how much it weighs? handle diameter, etc.?

I think it's not as heavy as most think but the handle was something like 4 inches. This is the one that Dennis Rogers owns, correct? There's a youtube video of Mark putting it overhead with his left arm. It's a street performance with Dennis Rogers. I believe Dennis bends a pry-bar or something like that.

I think it's not as heavy as most think but the handle was something like 4 inches. This is the one that Dennis Rogers owns, correct? There's a youtube video of Mark putting it overhead with his left arm. It's a street performance with Dennis Rogers. I believe Dennis bends a pry-bar or something like that.

Yep - that's the video I found on the interwebs. Just didn't know if anybody here had any knowledge of it. I guess I'll have to contact Dennis.

Dennis posted the details about that a few years ago and I want to say that it was only 98 pounds but the crazy thick handle made it to where nobody but Mark Henry had ever lifted it.

Edited by Tim T