Chain Hoist In A Power Rack?

hellswindstaff

Anyone ever set up a chain hoist in a power rack?

This year I've been focusing a lot more on full rom, but in the past couple of months doing full rom + many many ranges of partial lifting. If anyone has ever done this, then you know how big of a pain in the a** it is to have to strip off plates to raise the bar to a higher pin, only to load everything again. Half the time in the gym has been dedicated to stripping weights and reloading them.

I think that a chain hoist would make this whole process significantly smoother and faster. Has anyone else had any experience doing this or anything similar?

Yes we have done various testing racks for universities to adjust to various exact heights and for pre set isometrics with force plate. Be careful always use a redundant safety system to back up if one fails.

Edited by 1stCoC

Yep. I used one to get 200+ pound dumbbell overhead when I'm practicing for the Thomas Inch Bent Press. Works great, scarry when you've been trained never to be underneth a crane. Your idea sounds safer then what I was doing.

Yes we have done various testing racks for universities to adjust to various exact heights and for pre set isometrics with force plate. Be careful always use a redundant safety system to back up if one fails.

What are pre-set isometrics, like immovable isometrics? What is a force plate, something that reads force production?

In regards to the safety system, I had actually planned to use the pins to hold the barbell and just use the hoist raise and lower the bar.

Edited by hellswindstaff

Yep. I used one to get 200+ pound dumbbell overhead when I'm practicing for the Thomas Inch Bent Press. Works great, scarry when you've been trained never to be underneth a crane. Your idea sounds safer then what I was doing.

Being underneath a crane doesn't sound scary... you do? Putting a 200lbs dumbbell overhead is beastly!

• Like 1