Norwegian Grip Championship

Biffmaister

Very cool! Do you know if the competition is restricted to only Norwegians? Or could people ftom other countries attend? Someone from Sweden for example?

Yes, this is only for norwegians. If we have enough people interested in an international competition held in Norway, we could organize that later next year. You should join the WHEA world grip championships next year, David, as I belive you could do very well.

Eirik

• Like 1

Yes, this is only for norwegians. If we have enough people interested in an international competition held in Norway, we could organize that later next year. You should join the WHEA world grip championships next year, David, as I belive you could do very well.

Eirik

Where in Norway is the competition? I would really love to join one day. I believe that I am too weak for this right now. I can close close a GHP 6 (133 RGC) in a 10 mm choker, but I can't even deep set a CoC #2. Thick bar training is probably my major weakness as my hands are incredibly small (only 7 inches long). I need to get me a hub and a rolling thunder soon so that I can train for competitions. I think I need to try out the rolling thunder first before making a fool of myself at a competition. Hope to train grip with you some day Eirik!

Eirik

Where in Norway is the competition? I would really love to join one day. I believe that I am too weak for this right now. I can close close a GHP 6 (133 RGC) in a 10 mm choker, but I can't even deep set a CoC #2. Thick bar training is probably my major weakness as my hands are incredibly small (only 7 inches long). I need to get me a hub and a rolling thunder soon so that I can train for competitions. I think I need to try out the rolling thunder first before making a fool of myself at a competition. Hope to train grip with you some day Eirik!

Hi Daniel.

Nobody's making a fool of them selves in competitions. I will asure you that if you join, you can learn more that day than you do in months of training and reading. This competition is held in Stokke, Vestfold. Check out the event on facebook with the name "Norges Sterkeste Grep 2016" All the events are rising bar, so you can choose the weights yourself. This is a great event to start to compete, as many international competitions have high starting weights. I've been in competitions with 140kg axle and 80kg Rolling Thunder as starting weights, and that's not for everybody.

Best regards

Eirik.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great video's, question on the v-bar lift . . . how long was the attachment and what was the overall height?

I wonder if there is much difference in having a solid tube (like fbbc) to having an attachment for the lifts?

Great video's, question on the v-bar lift . . . how long was the attachment and what was the overall height?

I wonder if there is much difference in having a solid tube (like fbbc) to having an attachment for the lifts?

We used a standard Ironmind loading pin, and the 25mm pipe is somewhere between 6-8". The minimum lifting height was 4", so everybody held close to the bottom of the pipe to make sure they got the required height. I've never tried the FBBC v-bars so I can't tell if it's any difference.
  • Like 1