Hg 500

Billafer 65

I've visited the Heavygrips site and seen the new hg 500 that's not been closed yet. I also seen a man name Gunter..dont know his last name.. they said he got it down to 1/8th of an inch..pretty impressive in my book Here's the link www.heavygrips.com/hg500.html I would like to see someone like..magnus samuelsson or Joe kinney in his prime get a hold of this thing...any more info on it let me know

I believe the one Gunther tried was a prototype and not nearly as hard as the ones for sale now. I tried Kerbjr's and it was much tougher than a #4, at least for me. The thick handles combined with the large spread prevented me from even gettting it set.

The prototype Gunter squeezed was somewhere between an Elite and a BBSE strengthwise with a 2 3/4" spread. He also braced his hand on his leg, making the squeeze easier.

The production 500's are doable but you gotta be strong.

People have closed harder grippers (poundage wise) its just the handles that get ya, ive closed and HG 400 and cant close an HG300 so im gonna say HG grippers vary alot, someone will get an extremely easy HG500 and close it (do they even make them anymore)??

I would have to see a HG500 close (production model) to believe it. It has a super wide spread, the handles throw you off, lastly is a beast of a gripper strength wise-IMO waaaay stronger than my 4's.

I was always told that it can't be done.

The prototype Gunter squeezed was somewhere between an Elite and a BBSE strengthwise with a 2 3/4" spread. He also braced his hand on his leg, making the squeeze easier.

The production 500's are doable but you gotta be strong.

Understatement of the day!! :D:D

Claes

People have closed harder grippers (poundage wise) its just the handles that get ya, ive closed and HG 400 and cant close an HG300 so im gonna say HG grippers vary alot, someone will get an extremely easy HG500 and close it (do they even make them anymore)??

No....this is the understatement of the YEAR!!

I would vote for the NEVER category. I don't think anyone, even the #4 closers, will ever MMS close an HG500 that is not defective in some way.

It is doable. I had mine down to 5mm on several occasions. I prefer a wider set and did the HG400 first time with both hands. I have just the one HG500 so have no means by which to compare it with another.

It is doable. I had mine down to 5mm on several occasions. I prefer a wider set and did the HG400 first time with both hands. I have just the one HG500 so have no means by which to compare it with another.

I don't doubt you Mob. BUT...I wish I still had my HG500. I would send it to you free of charge. It didn't seem doable by any human...but then again, I've never closed a Super Elite like you have. So what do I know?

ive closed and HG 400 and cant close an HG300 so im gonna say HG grippers vary alot

My 300 and 400 are farly close. The 400 is more awkward but the longer handles give you more leverage. If I use a set there is almost no differnce. Without a set I can do anything with the 400 though.