Cancrusher Training Log

CANCRUSHER

Maybe you should pull back a bit and build momentum working toward it again?

Of course i have to change my routine and to improve my diet but until i break that wall i cant think clearly. :grin:

Maybe you should pull back a bit and build momentum working toward it again?

Of course i have to change my routine and to improve my diet but until i break that wall i cant think clearly. :grin:

Haha I know the feeling.

Did a looong pinch and abs workout yesterday!

A lot of lifts and farmer walks with the 20 kg blockweight;

Many reps on pinch blocks of various widths;

Hit new PR on the IM hub:25 kg L,23 R;

Finally my thumbs are getting tougher and this is really a good news.

This week will be very hard due to the school i think i wont have enough time to train.

Dis some bending and shoulder workout yesterday.

Overhead press:

2x5 52 kg

2x3 72 kg

2x2 82 kg

1x1 88 kg

Dumbbell press+fat gripz:

44 kg many reps

48 kg many reps

54 kg 1 good lift L,3 good lifts R

Bending(all IM pads)

2x nj 8

1x red nail

5,5 red nail attempt

I didn't bend for a couple of weeks and i noticed this:

1-having gained a lot of mass in my chest and arms is now very difficult to put the bar high(i got a cramp twice in my left arm bending the red);

2-i lost a lot of pain tolerance and bending the 5,5 red i was stopped due to the pain.

• 2 weeks later...

I was to busy during the whole week to update here but today i did a quick grip workout only with left hand due to a damn wound.

TSG

warm up

rb 130 2x8

hg 250 2x6 TNS

working

coc 2,5 ccs

coc 3 ccs

coc 2,5 ccs

coc 2,5 1x4 mms

RT

65 kg 2x3

75 kg 2x1

80 kg 1x1

85 kg attempt almost

IM hub

20 kg 2x3

22 kg 2x1

24 kg 1x1

26 kg 2x1

28 kg 1x1

Here there is the video of 26 kg(57 lbs) on IM hub;when i tried to film the 28 kg's one i was able only to break it from the floor.

http://youtu.be/qw_oJe2_o4A

• Like 1

Did some light bench press and grippers today.

Bench

62 kg 2x12

102 kg 5x5 paused reps

grippers

warm up

rb 130 2x12

hg 250 2x3 TNS

hg 300 1 TNS

working

coc 3,5 attempt 1-2 mm left

coc 3,5 attempt 1-2 mm left

coc 3,5 attempt this one was soooo close

coc 3,5 attempt crappy set

ghp 8 178 lbs 1 MMS

coc 3 7 MMS

coc 2,5 overcrush

Front rises with 20 kg plate 3x20

IM wrist roller on a bar at shoulder level(back and forward)

70 kg x1

50 kg x1

30 kg x2

one arm dumbbell press

42 kg many times both hands

46 kg x4 both hands

52 x1 both hands

56x1 right hand

inch replica(70 kg) attempt( this one felt tough but not impossible)

That coc 3,5 is pissing me off i am doig progress but that damn thing is still kicking my ass it can be in the 185 lbs range.Finally i do not think that bench+ grippers is a good idea for me;

i know that there are a lot of guys training tsg with big movements but it just dosent work for me.

I'm with you here, big movements + grippers on the same day don't work out too well for me... however, a little bit of light warmup work for the whole body seems to really help. I think indian clubs are great for this.

I'm with you here, big movements + grippers on the same day don't work out too well for me... however, a little bit of light warmup work for the whole body seems to really help. I think indian clubs are great for this.

Yes usually i do grippers between abs sets,today i wanted to try something different but it didnt work.

Another lesson learned from iron.

That coc 3,5 is pissing me off i am doig progress but that damn thing is still kicking my ass it can be in the 185 lbs range.Finally i do not think that bench+ grippers is a good idea for me;

i know that there are a lot of guys training tsg with big movements but it just dosent work for me.

I've had great results from grippers on days where I max on squats. Sometimes it works on deadlifts but before I get too heavy because it will fry the grip. Only rarely did it work while benching. I think the wrists get worked too much on bench and it hurts max gripper performance. My favorite is still going for a gripper PR after doing a squat PR.

I've had great results from grippers on days where I max on squats. Sometimes it works on deadlifts but before I get too heavy because it will fry the grip. Only rarely did it work while benching. I think the wrists get worked too much on bench and it hurts max gripper performance. My favorite is still going for a gripper PR after doing a squat PR.

Yeah, we don't think about it that much because it's not a pulling movement, but when you're getting heavy on the bench, your hands are really clamped down hard on that bar. Not as much with squats, because it rests on your shoulders.

well i tried to do grippers between squats but my cardio sucks so much that after a set i cant do max attempts;then to me seems that heavy movements make me waste a lot of "mental" energy.

I tried light bench because its "easier" than others big exercises but i didnt think about wrist work.Then is also very cold in my garage and maybe my hands do not warm up enough.

Maybe try Icey Hot or Tiger Balm on the wrists and back of the hands to help keep the hands warm on a cold day. I've been doing that recently and it helps. I also apply it to the inside of the elbow and the main forearm muscle. And sometimes I wear elbowsleeves too. Whatever I can do to get warm and ready for a good workout.

• Like 1

Maybe try Icey Hot or Tiger Balm on the wrists and back of the hands to help keep the hands warm on a cold day. I've been doing that recently and it helps. I also apply it to the inside of the elbow and the main forearm muscle. And sometimes I wear elbowsleeves too. Whatever I can do to get warm and ready for a good workout.

Thanks man ill give them a try!

I always take my grippers inside. Hands don't like to work in the cold. haha

i noticed that during my last workout it was freeeeezing cold with snow outside;next week ill do tsg in front of fireplace. :)

• Like 1

Did back and pinch workout today.

Deadlift(seen that i have not enough plates to do low reps ill increase volume for a while)

warm up

60 kg 2x20

100 kg 2x8

140 kg 2x6

working

172 kg 4x5

182 kg 1x5

barbell rows

120 kg 4x12

20 kg blob working(many lifts and static holds both hands)

Feeling very confident doing blobs after deadlift the 20 kg one is very easy now;next time i ll start adding weight to it and maybe ill give a shot to the 25 kg block.

Shoulder and triceps workout today!

Overhead press(trying to feel the work on shoulders)

52 kg 2x8

60 kg x5

64 kg x5

72 kg x5

76 kg x5

52 kg x12

CG bench press

62 kg 2x8

72 kg x8

82 kg x8

92 kg x6

112 kg x4

122 kg x2

132 kg x1

52 kg +heavy bands 3x12(first time trying this and its awesome)

some light reverse bending

lot of stretching for forearms

Today i felt very strong and pumped up during the weekend ill do an heavy grip session so ill take 2 days of total rest.

Then warm up is really difficult in my garage i have to buy some elbow sleeves.

Felt tired today but i wanted to do same TSG workout.

Right hand

warm up

rb 130 2x8

hg250 2x3 TNS

coc 2,5 x1

coc 3 x1

working

ghp 8 x1 MMS

ghp 8 x1 MMS

ghp 8 x1 MMS

ghp 8 x1 MMS

easy coc 3 x 1 CCS

Left hand

warm up

as above

working

coc 3x1CCS(think i closed it but not sure)

coc 2,5 x3 CCS

m1 replica x1 MMS

m1 replica x1 MMS

coc 2,5 static holds

I think is time to deload my hands are very sore and of course all those heavy attempts on my beastly coc 3,5 weakened my grip;

next week ill do some high reps workout maybe with the vulcan to give a break to my hands;

Finally i tried some bending today and its official:heavy weights have (bad word filter)ed up my form.

Did some chest and triceps workout today.

Bench press

62 kg 2x12

102 kg 2x8

122 kg 2x5

192 kg 3 negatives

82 kg 2x12 +bands

Pull over

25 kg 4x12

Felt tired today i didn't sleep enough and was very busy with the damn school;then my chest was weakened by my last bending session.

Finally i have to buy some dumbbells cause chest is the weak link in my bench press.

Bench press

62 kg 2x12

102 kg 2x8

122 kg 2x5

192 kg 3 negatives

82 kg 2x12 +bands

Pull over

25 kg 4x12

Felt tired today i didn't sleep enough and was very busy with the damn school;then my chest was weakened by my last bending session.

Finally i have to buy some dumbbells cause chest is the weak link in my bench press.

Dude! 192kg negatives? I'd get crushed under that weight!

Big jump from 122kg to 192 :)?

Bench press

62 kg 2x12

102 kg 2x8

122 kg 2x5

192 kg 3 negatives

82 kg 2x12 +bands

Pull over

25 kg 4x12

Dude! 192kg negatives? I'd get crushed under that weight!

Big jump from 122kg to 192 :)?

I know that can seem impressive but to do a real negative you need 30-35 kg more that your max.Than when i feel warmed up i go straight to max attempts.

Light workout today

TSG(both hands)

coc 2,5 4x2 speed grippers

abs workout

some double lift with RT and 20 kg block

Felt tired today but it wasn't a surprise seen that i am not sleeping enough lately.