Starting Planning For Az Cactus Grip 6 - 2013

acorn

I don't mind losing to you Aaron.

Unless the back fairies come and fix up my back where I can actually DL half decently pretty soon it is unlikely you will lose to me. 315 was the most I could pull off the ground last time I trained Axle DL. I'm gimping around pretty slowly the last couple days with a sciatica flareup unrelated to that weak DL number. Grippers should be a pretty good fight though and I would prolly win the Euro unless Kody shows up.

- Aaron

Sorry to hear about the back. I hope it feels better for the comp.

I still highly doubt I could win unless I get lucky in the 4th event. Otherwise I see you taking 3 of the 4. I come for the fun no matter the chances for a 1st. I'll compete in whatever the tougher class is, or whatever you choose bro.

Hehe back fairies.... I bet they have special magic dust that smells like tiger balm and percoset.

As far as classes I'm waiting to get an idea who might be coming and also waiting to hear back on the potential trophies.

I will definitely be there.

I'll be riding down with Rich.

Edited by Idiedintothe

I'm still planning on coming. I'll know for sure next week.

let me know what you do bro. the gf and I will be flying allegiant on friday and back on monday.

I'm still planning on coming. I'll know for sure next week.

let me know what you do bro. the gf and I will be flying allegiant on friday and back on monday.

Will do Daniel. Work will let me know next week.

Anybody else interested? Did I mention Zach is making homebrew for the "Of Age" competitors. I heard something about a nice Irish Red I think to go with the St. Patricks Day weekend.

- Aaron

• Like 2

Aaron - did you check with Derek to see if he's coming and if he's inviting the AW guys again? Is Christian coming? If so, do you think his gf will compete? Wondering if we should have a women's class trophy/trophies?

Come to think of it - Daniel - will your gf be competing?

Martin, Derek will not be joining us this time. I guess he is flying to go see a basketball game that weekend. I already talked with my main contact with the AW guys, in fact he came over and trained a bit with me Weds. during my lunchtime session. Christian is planning on coming and is pretty fired up about it. I saw his gf at the strongman comp Christian was putting on last weekend and she sounded like she is planning on competing and in fact said she has gotten around better on the axle and has been getting stronger on the vulcan I loaned them. Christian is trying to get some of the other local strongman guys interested as well.

• Like 1

Sounds good Aaron. I hope the AW guys come. That was a lot of fun.

Awesome! Sounds like there might be some strong hands there.

Martin, I doubt the GF will compete. She has before and probably would if "needed". Otherwise she'd probably just help out with cameras and scorekeeping, or just watch if entirely not needed.

AW last time was a blast, and it will be cool to see what kind of strength those strongmen bring to the table.

Yeah, for those coming down to the comp from other parts, Christian did an awesome job, and from what I understand, had been training for just a few months before the IPP.

The Gorilla Arms guys have a youtube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/gtcube1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it's looking like I'll make a bit more of a holiday out of it this year. Gail's going to come down with me and I think we're going to grab a rental car in Pheonix and toodle around for a few days before heading down to Tucson.

So if anyone up north wants to meet up for a meal or something the week ahead I'm game. Flying down on the 7th I think.

• Like 2

Right on Jason. What are your plans after the comp? I'll stay in tucson for the night and go back to phoenix sometime on Sunday. Gives time to hang in tucson and phoenix to chill with peeps.

I'm looking to get a flight back from Phoenix on Tuesday.

I would like to do shirts but doubt I'll have the time to do a complete new design. Would anyone have an issue if I re-used last yr's design and just changed the year on the graphic? Red shirts again of course. This is what the graphic looked like: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10440

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

Cool. I'm working with Martin on the Trophies. Should be very unique and cool. I believe we should be good for an Open Division, Novice Division and Ladies. I can't imagine any of the other Elite level guys wanting to make the trip down to sunny warm AZ to thaw out in March and drink free homebrew for St. Patties Day weekend at one of the best comps in the west so you guys will be stuck with me in the Open division.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

I really want one of your trophies Aaron. Can I compete in the woman's division? :grin:

• Like 1