Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Well, I messed around and shut it tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMT1u2dTx4Y

Kind of a haphazard set, but it felt pretty good.

And a feeble attempt at the #3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRTGeXyfYFk

Not even close tonight, haha.

Damn man, good job on that close. Looks like the 3 is just trying to buy time before you inevitably own it.

The rest of us here gotta catch up to you ASAP!

Well, I messed around and shut it tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMT1u2dTx4Y

Kind of a haphazard set, but it felt pretty good.

And a feeble attempt at the #3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRTGeXyfYFk

Not even close tonight, haha.

Congratulations!!!

It's hard to tell from your video if the handles touched, but definitely some very strong work there. Much smoother grip than what I can do. Congrats!!!

It's hard to tell from your video if the handles touched, but definitely some very strong work there. Much smoother grip than what I can do. Congrats!!!

Thank you!

Yes you right there! Its hard to tell if the handles were touching.

But i felt it. But only for 1 sec. This close was made 20-30 sec after my first attemp on that gripper. In first attempt i absolutely destroyed it and the handels was touched. But this one wasn't recorded!

sry for my bad english!

I'l post some video of me closing it again, but in a few days. my hands now absolutely destroyed, want them to recover as more as possible.

I'l post some video of me closing it again, but in a few days. my hands now absolutely destroyed, want them to recover as more as possible.

Congrats on your rapid strength gains! You NO SET that gripper!

Like somebody was saying on the other post you made, if you learn how to set well, you'll have the #3 in no time.

Just wanted to say that I got my C.o.C. #2 and 2.5 in the mail today, after checking my mail box about 1000 times since I ordered. (funny because it was delivered by UPS- therefore they knocked on my door and delivered personally)

I opened both grippers and oohed and ahhed at the shinyness. I tried both, and they were harder than what I was expecting.

I shut the #2 with both hands on the first try, but I barely got it shut. On the 2.5, I still have an inch left so it'll take a lot of training.

A week ago at arm wrestling practice, I got to try somebody's #1 and #2 C.o.C. and I was about half an inch off from the #2, so I was wondering if I could actually close it or not... luckily the only reason I couldn't close it then was because I was too tired from arm wrestling that I could neither set nor effectively grip it.

I'll post a video soon of my #2 close, because I think it's the beginning of grip-domination.

Just wanted to say that I got my C.o.C. #2 and 2.5 in the mail today, after checking my mail box about 1000 times since I ordered. (funny because it was delivered by UPS- therefore they knocked on my door and delivered personally) I opened both grippers and oohed and ahhed at the shinyness. I tried both, and they were harder than what I was expecting. I shut the #2 with both hands on the first try, but I barely got it shut. On the 2.5, I still have an inch left so it'll take a lot of training. A week ago at arm wrestling practice, I got to try somebody's #1 and #2 C.o.C. and I was about half an inch off from the #2, so I was wondering if I could actually close it or not... luckily the only reason I couldn't close it then was because I was too tired from arm wrestling that I could neither set nor effectively grip it. I'll post a video soon of my #2 close, because I think it's the beginning of grip-domination.

nice job getting the 2. feels good doesn't it?

Just wanted to say that I got my C.o.C. #2 and 2.5 in the mail today, after checking my mail box about 1000 times since I ordered. (funny because it was delivered by UPS- therefore they knocked on my door and delivered personally)

I opened both grippers and oohed and ahhed at the shinyness. I tried both, and they were harder than what I was expecting.

I shut the #2 with both hands on the first try, but I barely got it shut. On the 2.5, I still have an inch left so it'll take a lot of training.

A week ago at arm wrestling practice, I got to try somebody's #1 and #2 C.o.C. and I was about half an inch off from the #2, so I was wondering if I could actually close it or not... luckily the only reason I couldn't close it then was because I was too tired from arm wrestling that I could neither set nor effectively grip it.

I'll post a video soon of my #2 close, because I think it's the beginning of grip-domination.

Good deal man, congrats

tentaclegrip... I am in the same boat as you. Closing the number two but about 1/2in-1in away from the #2.5... I may actually join the race now. LOL.

tentaclegrip... I am in the same boat as you. Closing the number two but about 1/2in-1in away from the #2.5... I may actually join the race now. LOL.

Awesome bro. What kind of workouts do you do for your grip?

I overworked when the 2 &2.5 came in, so I'm laying low til I recover.

I work up to a 5 rep max then a 3 rep max then a 1 rep max on max effort day(Tuesday), then rotate specificity every 2 weeks (concentric only secret weapon close--> pinch --> Vulcan --> fingertip pushup hold--> concentric only secret weapon)

I do 10 sets of 3 reps on Speed Day of the same exercise following a 2 week pendulum wave (50% week one, 60% week two)

Plus one day light-medium conditioning, generally sand blasting and/ or finger dancing.

If I'm feeling froggy then I may add one more training day (ME, DE, or conditioning)

What about you?

I usually cycle forearm work (Powerball, wrist curls) with grip work.

On my grip days, I do warm up sets of 10, then go to max attempt holds using 1-4 half dollars in between the handles.

After I'm burned out by 2-3 sets of those, I do some more holds or reps with a weaker gripper, then I warm down.

One thing I've been doing a lot lately is static hangs from my pullup bar, which I attached 2in. PVC pipe onto. I can hold myself up for a good half minute with both hands, but I can't keep myself up with just one hand yet. So when I want to do a forced negative-ish exercise, I use this and try to hang on with one hand.

If you care to hear my recommendation, then if the hanging is for the one-arm chin, then I would say that the towel method would work better. I've been doing it for a few months and effortlessly have been making progress towards the 1AC and as a byproduct my hanging grip endurance has also improved by around 1/2 minute.

I'm working towards a 1AC too, but the PVC hangs are just for grip. I'll try the towel pulls later bc I've never done them before.

Well it's not towel pull ups per se. I threw a towel over the pull up bar, grab the towel with one hand and the bar with the other. I mark my progress down the towel with zip ties

That sounds like a good idea. Right now I'm at the point that I can do a 1APU given that I receive any kind of help from my other hand.

I tried what you described, while pinching the lowest edge of the towel (2 ft down) between my thumb and index, but where can I move up from here?

I'm thinking if I should start doing reps of 5 at a high assisting-hand position, then work it lower every workout til I can do sets of 5 with basically no help.

What are your thoughts on the transition I could do between the assisted 1APU and the 1APU itself?

What is your arm position on the towel when you're at the bottom of the towel?

Edited by hellswindstaff

If it is then there are still a couple of things that you can do:

Tie two towels together or use a beach towel. The assisting arm should be able to do a tricep pull-down. I've also measured the force that I'm producing at each angel on the towel by standing on a scale and replicating my chosen arm position on the towel then pulling it. I'm using a beach towel and at the bottom of the towel with my elbow fully extended then force is pretty low so that's not a ton of help.

If your arm on the towel is full extended then you could secure a chain around your waist and hang weight from it while utilizing the towel method or hold a dumbbell between your feet. My assumption is that if you're already really close then you could just begin 1 arm isometrics.

What is your arm position on the towel when you're at the bottom of the towel?

My arm is about 90 degrees,and I'm doing a small tricep pushdown movement to get my body up.

I'll definitely start incorporating one arm static holds then, I guess I should do them in the top, middle, and bottom positions.

Maybe negatives will help too.

How far are you in your 1APU quest? And what's your BW?

Just finished a pretty intense grip workout.

Today, I did 3 reps on my GNC200, 4 on #2, 5 on my hard GNC150, 6 on my easy 150, 10 very slow reps on my GNC100, and warmed down with 10 normal reps the 100.

All reps were held to 70% failure.