Tim Struse

EricMilfeld

Great video. Another big congrats on a tough gripper!

Congrats Tim!

You really dominated that gripper. :mosher

Superb work Tim! I'm glad you smashed that thing shut.

Question for whomever sends these out (Wannagrip-Bill?): Was the MM3 oiled before the attempt? Meant to ask that a long time ago since it was mentioned in my failure thread in 2005 or early 2006.

Question for whomever sends these out (Wannagrip-Bill?): Was the MM3 oiled before the attempt? Meant to ask that a long time ago since it was mentioned in my failure thread in 2005 or early 2006.

Eric manages these now.

I believe---and hopefully he can confirm---that each gripper is sent out fresh and clean for each cert.

Congratulations Tim! That was really inspiring to watch and I look forward to seeing you progress in all areas. :rock

Excellent! Congrats!

Eric manages these now.

I believe---and hopefully he can confirm---that each gripper is sent out fresh and clean for each cert.

Thanks Matt.

Thank you all very much!

Here's a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.c...u/3/6mjgrWWbvuo

Closes are at 1:35, 4:15 and 7:00. My strategy was to use a fast set for the first two attempts then pause set the third, and the third actually turned out the best. Felt like I was good for another 10# yesterday.

The video is muted due to my lunatic-like yelling before the attempts... had to get amped up for this. Aaron, sorry for making your baby cry. I spent so much time reading the posts about this gripper's dubious history, I was honestly prepared for anything. When it melted in my hand on the first attempt my brain was flooded with euphoria and I was just giggling... This was an awesome day.

Nice vid...your first 2 attempts were good and you still had enough in the tank to pause the set on the last attempt with a hold :bow Way to get it down. Well done :rock

I can't wait to see what you do to this thing :mosher

Russ, you coming down to see in person?

- Aaron

Sorry, just got this. I was at Disneyland so couldn't make it.