• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• Bill Piche

• tmmicklabs

• twig

:bow Youll kill it. :bow

Mash it! :rock

My god Ben it seems like every other week your smashing the hell out of another monster mash gripper.Im overwhelmed w/ envy.

Edited by Michael86

Looks like the attempt will be on Saturday probably around 1000 hours.

Every time I go see Travis we both hit a bunch of training PRs. So I'm looking forward to the destruction! :rock

Indeed we do.

Some Grade 8's are also gonna bite the dust on film.

And possibly a new Double Thunder Jr. world record will be set.

Good Times.

Edited by tmmicklabs

Thanks Bill! :D  Guess we'll see who's stronger.  Me or the MM3. :)

There's no doubt in my mind as to the answer to that question. After you get this, we'll have to change your name from Bencrush to "The Colonel"!

The MM3 is a monster.

Ben got it down to 1/8" on his second attempt.

:bow

Very Very nice attempt Ben...you will get this next time for sure :bow:bow:bow

Couple things for the other guys. The seal must be shown in the close up.

Also, the gripper must remain on camera at all times. Although I think because Ben missed you guys did not worry about this during the 2nd and 3rd attempts?

Also, the gripper must remain on camera at all times. Although I think because Ben missed you guys did not worry about this during the 2nd and 3rd attempts?

Correct.

I did not know about the seal though. I will remember that next time.

Thx.

Here's the attempts. These grippers for the MMG3 and above are beasts. Congrats to Ben for getting to this level to make the attempt.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?act=mod...cmd=si&img=3659

Thanks to Travis for sending the video in.

Are you sending the gripper back?

Thats one of the tougher jumps IMO. You know where you are at and where it is at and that means its just a matter of time before you are smoking the MM3.

Tough break this time Ben. It's within your reach though.

The MM3 is a monster.

Ben got it down to 1/8" on his second attempt.

Thanks Travis. :bow Praise goes to YOU today though...I know this thread is about the MM3 but some of the stuff you did today was astonishing to me. It was your day man. I am very, very happy for you! :rock
Very Very nice attempt Ben...you will get this next time for sure

Thanks a lot Chad! I hope you get this gripper man. It is no joke. I didn't think it was going to be a joke though, seeing some of the very strong guys who have attempted it a few times.

Thanks again for the chance to attempt the MM3 Bill. I thought that we showed the seal on the closeup? (Edit: Just watched the video and we did NOT show it. Sorry Bill!)

Once I missed the first attempt with the MM3, I knew there was NOT going to be a chance in hell that I would miraculously close it on a 2nd or 3rd attempt. So I said we didn't need to keep it on camera for the remainder of the 15 minute time limit.

Thats one of the tougher jumps IMO. You know where you are at and where it is at and that means its just a matter of time before you are smoking the MM3.

Thanks Shane. I now know exactly what I need to do. But like I told you in a PM, this has absolutely crushed my spirit for some reason. Hopefully it's just temporary. I will have to be able to close my Super Elite before this MM3 will go down.

Tough break this time Ben. It's within your reach though.

Thanks Clay. You guys are freaking monsters for closing this and way above it! My hat's off to you guys again. :bow

Good stuff Ben. You were well within range on that 2nd attempt. You are also pretty strict with showing your set. You'll take this gripper down shortly.

Thanks Shane.  I now know exactly what I need to do.  But like I told you in a PM, this has absolutely crushed my spirit for some reason.  Hopefully it's just temporary.

First, noble attempt Ben. :bow

Ben, 2005 was your year. Think about all the grip stuff you have accomplished in 2005. It's a pretty damned respectable list. No, that's not true.....It's an awesome list. Be damned proud of it. I know you are humble but it's ok to look back and say that you did a great job. (or you are a perfectionist like me and is never satisfied..hehe) Anyway, I know it's easy to just type this cliche, but don't let it get you down. I mean that too.

Bencrush > Orlando Bloom

Is the spring on all certification MMG grippers not supposed to be lubricated? By the sound of it, it must have been bone dry on the gripper Ben tried to close. This will make a gripper much harder to close.

Is the spring on all certification MMG grippers not supposed to be lubricated? By the sound of it, it must have been bone dry on the gripper Ben tried to close. This will make a gripper much harder to close.

I thought the same thing. A shot of 3in1 makes a big difference on close attempts.

Here's the attempts.  These grippers for the MMG3 and above are beasts.  Congrats to Ben for getting to this level to make the attempt.

Gripper will go out Monday Morning.

I thought the same thing. A shot of 3in1 makes a big difference on close attempts.

I agree.

Wanna,

Are we allowed to oil the Spring on these ?

Here's the attempts.  These grippers for the MMG3 and above are beasts.  Congrats to Ben for getting to this level to make the attempt.

BTW guys...Wanna put extra tape on the box this time. This inspired me to do a Big Steve Mcgranahan tribute by tearing the box open with my teeth. Hope you guys enjoyed it and I hope Sybersnott was taking notes....

:)

I agree.

Wanna,

Are we allowed to oil the Spring on these ?

I was surprised at the creaking. If someone thinks this made the difference, I am more than willing to oil it and send it back to Ben so he can try it again. Right away in fact. I'll inspect it, oil it, and then send it right back.

I doubt the difference would be enough to get it closed but some oil would definitely make the gripper easier.