Race To Bw X 2.5 Deadlift

bubba29

What the hell,Lets do it Shark!

Lets do 2.5- bodyweight beings I weigh more than you.

Unless you just want the 500!

Your Call.

Edited by David Mitti

Grats Shark on hitting 400 !

See how things feel and do a test next week see where I am at.

• Like 1

This.

Thanks man. This was a huge milestone for me. Honestly I haven't felt so happy since the first Red Nail gave way,

I think you guys are overestimating 500. You're both probably close to strong enough right now. All mental. Make a goal to get 200kg in the next month and make it happen. 500 will be yours by Spring!

• Like 2

Thanks man. This was a huge milestone for me. Honestly I haven't felt so happy since the first Red Nail gave way,

500 makes bending a Red or closing a #3 feel like a non-event. 600 feels even better. :-)

• Like 2

I think you guys are overestimating 500. You're both probably close to strong enough right now. All mental. Make a goal to get 200kg in the next month and make it happen. 500 will be yours by Spring!

200KG!

I'm coming for you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

315 at 145lbs BW. Back into the 300's, easy pull double overhand no pain at all. Moving closer.

• 2 weeks later...

2.45 X BW.

Hit 600 at 245 in a single ply squat suit on Sunday, which was my 46th birthday. Tried to post the link, but it isn't letting me.

• Like 2

The race is great and motivating idea!

I just like to be cautious that the friendly race does'nt carry me away (priority: good form).

At home train DO mostly, or even snatch grip. always with a small defizit (ca 1inch @178cm high).

Yesterday missed 185kg@74kg.

But safely with 175kg (ca 2.36 bw), no aids, no belt, chuck-like shoes.

Started in May with 120kg@74kg.

Other training elements: kb swings (40kg-2*28kg), TGUs, squats, pull-ups, dips, KB MPs.

Goal: 188kg in 2013 (2.5bw)

3*bw in 2014 ;-)))

• 1 month later...

Jumping in this (late) to help motivate me to hit this goal. Current best is 335lbs at 160lbs, 2.09xBW. I'm rounding my goal up to 405.

• 2 months later...

I had this thread and challenge in mind as we finished the Arizona grip comp on Saturday.

For my last attempt on one hand axle, I easily pulled 126% of my bodyweight well past legal height.

Still had more in the tank, and I was preparing to attempt a double overhand axle pull following the contest... I believe with very slim chances I could've pulled 250% of my weight with a sumo stance.

Unfortunately for my purpose, we pulled away and went to an arm wrestling practice- so until I have a chance again, I won't know for certain what I'm capable of.

Hope everybody is doing great in their training. Let's keep this thread alive.

• 1 year later...

430 today or 2.32xBW, had more in the tank....back is feel

i got 505 on 2-26 of this year which was 2.59 x bw. i got the 2.5 x bw a few months before that. now the push is to 600# regardless of bw.

• Like 1

i got 505 on 2-26 of this year which was 2.59 x bw. i got the 2.5 x bw a few months before that. now the push is to 600# regardless of bw.

Good to see you on the board. Have you tested you Axle deadlift lately?

All the best.

Forgot about this thread but I managed to hit 240kg at 93.5kg bodyweight, which is just over 2.5x. Trying to address my form issues, so will probably be a while before I go any heavier, but next target is 600lbs too. Congrats to everyone else who has managed to get to 2.5x whilst I've been away from the board!

Edited by PatrickMeniru

Good to see you on the board. Have you tested you Axle deadlift lately?

All the best.

quite honestly, i have not trained grip specifically in a while. the nationals brought me back to the board to see how things went. i have been working on getting generally stronger since i saw you at that strongman comp last march. it has been working although my pressing still lags badly due to my shoulders generally being constantly cranky.

• 1 month later...

Managed to get a video of 2.5x (actually 2.63x - bodyweight is 95kg)

Good job man! Very strong.

Thanks man, I'm going on holiday for a few weeks and then starting work at a desk job with pretty demanding hours so I'm hoping that I can keep up with my training and hit 600lbs eventually.