Under The Radar - Grip Profile - Bader Samir Tayeb

anwnate

Today's profile covers Bader Samir Tayeb. If anything confirms the international nature of Gripsport and bending, it's this business man from the United Arab Emirates. For nearly 11 years he has been a staunch supporter and even a dedicated sponsor (Leader Sport) of the Gripboard (since 2009). In less than two years of intermittent bending, this busy man certed the IronMind Red Nail back in 2008. In the following year, he became one of only 20 people to cert. the FBBC Huge Hexabastard Nail. When he set his sights on grippers, he earned his MM0 title.

To me, Bader has been a bit of a Gripboard enigma. How in the world does someone from the UAE end up embracing this small but slow-growing niche we know (and love) as "Gripsport"? I was really looking forward to hearing his story, and thankfully, he agreed to participate. His answers surprised me quite a bit, and I enjoyed learning about the man from Dubai. So...just who is this "Alawadhi" guy anyway?

bader 2.jpg

7 questions to get to know Bader.

1. What are your stats? Age, height (inches/meters), weight (lbs/kgs), R/L dominant hand size (cm/in), country, city (or region, whatever you are comfortable with), married/single, kids, occupation ("international spy" is acceptable)

Gripboard Name: Alawadhi

Height: Around 5'8" (174cm)
Weight: Currently 104kg (229 Pounds)
Dominant Hand size: Right 7.6" (19.1cm) and the weird thing is my left (Juha Harju is a witness) is 7.85"/19.85cm
Country/City: Dubai, UAE
Marital Status:
Married with one son
Occupation: Entrepreneur/Businessman, Banker, and yes I serve my country too.

2. Why did you start training grip (and how long is it now)?

I don't remember exactly, as it was way back in end of 2004. I was obsessed with Martial Arts...especially Chinese Kung Fu. Love those Shaolin monks who bend Iron Bars with their throat and breaking chains. One day in my searches, I came upon a forum talking about CoC grippers and how are you strong in closing them. That same day I found IronMind and bought some steel and grippers. Later I joined Marunde forums under same name Alawadhi. I was asking a lot about grip and steel bending and chain breaking. SqeezeMasterFlash told me about the GripBoard in this thread http://www.marunde-m...hread.php?t=266 and from there, my grip passion began. I've been training on and off since late 04' (but more off's than on's).

3. Before you die, what is your ULTIMATE grip goal/goals?

Dunno man. It changes as time goes by. As for NOW I want to close the CoC 3.5, pinch my 2 45's, lift my Inch, the FatMan Blob and bend the big G8 bolt. Basically, I'd like to master the classic benchmarks of world class grip strength (Ok it was a #3 close but since I can do that it's a #3.5 now and the big G8 was a Red Nail but I am certified in that too).

It's always the same with everyone. We seek better things/goals once the previous has been accomplished. Time is very tight on me; thus can't train a lot. Very rarely actually. I also suffered an elbow injury from Armwrestling. But this will go soon God Willing and I hope to get enough time to train...especially since I this year I will meet with few like Juha, Laine, Jedd,...etc. In the short term, I want to at least lift the blob, my 68KG Inch and close a hard #3.

4. How do you currently structure your overall training/how do you incorporate your grip training?

Basically I just train whenever I get the time. Time is so tight on me. Doing what I do with being a son, a husband, a father, a friend makes it harder. However, I love training and train when I can

5. What hobbies (other than grip/bending/lifting) do you enjoy?

Arm wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Kung Fu, Eating, Going to the sea/Yachting, Shooting, Looking after exotic animals…lots of the finer things in life.

I love technology. I like to develop things for myself and some of them for my businesses.

6. Do you have a personal anecdote, topic or thoughts you'd like to include in your profile?

Try to save money, think out of the box, be good, and be sure of information you hear.

Stay healthy and avoid alcohol. Learn from your previous mistakes. Read history, the mistakes happened in the past, and learn from them too. Never belittle anyone because you "think" you are better. Help the needy and donate a little as 2.5% percent of your monthly income to the poor.

As for grip thoughts…always try and meet people of grip. I met Christoph Koch (Honk on the Gripboard) in Munich, Germany in 2007 I guess (he gave me a 40LB York blob too, Thanks Again!!!). He was the first person from the Gripboard I met. I also met Juha Harju and his wife in Dubai last year. I wanted to meet the owner of Silvis company in Seoul, Korea but unfortunately it didn't happen as he had some personal issues he needed to solve. I enjoyed Seoul later! And yes…if you have the opportunity to enter a grip comp go for it as you will learn a lot and meet lots of people.

7. Who's Grip profile would you like to see?

I would like to see Juha Harju profile as he was the first ever Gripboard member I've met in my country.

Thanks Bader. Juha will be profiled in two weeks. This series will return next Wednesday with the newcomer Maria Bascetta.

• Like 15

Bader - a unique person. Not only as an athlete.
He invited everyone to the forum on their wedding. I do this in my entire life have not seen, not heard, and I do not think that this again. The extraordinary love for his work and the people.
Such a man will always achieve its objective, and 3.5 will close and lift Inch. Only time needed.

• Like 2

Great profile!!

• Like 2

Great stuff and yes, this "hand story" is true. :)

• Like 3

Corrections.

1. Bader was ready for his I.M. Red Nail Cert after only a year of Bending...in 2007. IronMind had a devil of a time finding a referee for him.

2. It wasn't until Chez posted the "Red Nail Race" thread http://www.gripboard...ic=38476&page=1 (in 2012) that he quickly got back into Red Nail Bending form. This time, they were able to secure a referee for him.

(My apologies to Alawahdi...I got my day, month, year screwed up.) I will try to make corrections when I have access to the forum.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the comment, appreciated!

Nathaniel, no need to apologize my friend we all do mistakes it's part of being a human.

P.S. For people who don't know the complete story IronMind wasn't at fault because hey who here do grip stuff and assuming they fund one will he agree to be a referee? I tried a lot to introduce to my friends but to no avail. Anyway, I have a good plan to make it work internationally not just here. But I should be able to be done with my work and then when time permits slowly but surely I will make it work God willing.

• Like 3

Thank you sir for your sponsorship support of the board. It's great finding out more about you!

• Like 2

I think it's also important to note that Alawadhi has arguably the best avatar photo on the board :D

• Like 4

Nice write up man. Also, I don't recall a lot of gripguys mentioning yachting and looking for exotic animals as a hobby lol

Thought of keeping a log of your training brother? Would be nice to read what you do. And don't come up with the I am not closing big enough grippers apology :chris:

• Like 1

Very interesting. One strong fellow! Thanks for all the information - I'm liking this idea of learning more about the people on here and their lives.

• Like 1

Burkhard, thanks

Jedd, your welcome and it is my pleasure to sponsor a sport I love. And thank you for sponsoring it too!

Anthony, lol

Geralt, haha but that's nit the excuse. I barely get time to train and keeping a log isn't that much of a big deal but it isn't worth keeping if I don't train much imo. I am typing this from Munich, Bavaria, Germany. Been here for a while and even took the personal photo here couldn't back in my country. I will return in one day and will stay in my country around 5 days then to Taiwan and China. Who knows when am back again and can train. My other hobbies I barely do them because of time.

Chris, thanks :)

Thank you sir for your sponsorship support of the board. It's great finding out more about you!

For sure!! :)

• Like 1