Under The Radar - Grip Profile - Eirik Bruun Ingebretsen

anwnate

Today it's my pleasure to introduce Eirik "Biffmaister" Bruun Ingebretsen. In February of this year, he won the World Championship of Grip in Finland. He has 14 gold medals from NM Strongman as well as three Norway records. He also came 2nd in the European Championships of Highland Games this past August. Moving past his accomplishments…let's find out a little about the man himself.

erik.png

Five questions to get to know Eirik.

1. What are your stats? Age, height (inches/meters), weight (lbs/kgs), dominant hand size (cm/in), country, city (or region…whatever you are comfortable with), married/single, kids, occupation ("international spy" is acceptable)

Height :1.84 mtr (6' 1/2")

Weight : 107 kg (236lbs)

Dominant Hand size : 19.8cm (7.8")

Country/City: Norway, Tromøy (Island located in the south east of Norway)
Marital Status : I live together with my beautiful fiancé, Jeanette, and our 2 lovely kids Liam(4 years) and Mia(1 year).

Occupation : I work at Norway's largest roof tile factory, and I spend my days packing and lifting a few tons a day.

2. Why did you start training grip (and how long is it now)?

I started grip training in 2009 to improve my farmers walk. I have competing in strongman since then, and quickly fell in love with grip specific training after my coach, Knut Bjorvatn introduced me to Rolling Thunder and Captains of Crush grippers.
I read a lot about grip training and educated myself as well as I could to take my grip strength to the next level. One guy who has helped me a lot through videos and training programs, is the Canadian Jon Umpherville.

3. Before you die, what is your ULTIMATE grip goal/goals?

This is a tough one, as I have so many things on my list. I would say closing CoC #4 and certifying would be an insane feat. 200kg (441lbs) Axle Deadlift is also on my list, alongside 2x25kg pinch in each hand.
I believe these 2 feats can be done in the next few years, but the CoC #4 cert needs some decades of training.

4. What hobby (other than grip/bending/lifting) do you enjoy?

I compete in strongman, Highland Games and grip sport, so I don't have time to have any other time consuming hobbies. I do enjoy the occasional fishing trip with my buddies, and as a former skateboarder I take a session on my board every once in a while with my son.

5. Who's Grip profile would you like to see next?

I would love to see my fellow Norwegian Karl Skjelvik as next weeks profile. He is an interesting guy who deserves his time in the spotlight.

Thanks Eirik. This series will return next Wednesday with Karl.

• Like 18

Cool. He's from Europe, just as me. Europeans are cool. Lol.

Great write up sirs.

Btw technicaly Norway isn't Europe but we do have free travel of people within Schengen lol so that still makes us homies you know haha
  • Like 1

Haha,you're funny! I like to say that we are a part of Europe, the viking part.

I would like to thank Nathan for doing this interview series, and thanks to Geralt who picked me as this weeks guest. You both have what this sport needs, character and love for the sport.

• Like 2

Nice interview! Thanks for posting!

You can lift the InchDB, don't You?

Nice interview! Thanks for posting!

You can lift the InchDB, don't You?

Thanks!

Yes, I've lifted the Juha Harju/Gripmonster 80kg Inch Dumbbell.

https://youtu.be/904Pd0Nfpig

Wow and double blob also! Both looked very easy!! Great stuff!

• Like 2

Great write up!

Eirik...how do you currently structure your overall training? Do you follow a particular program and how do you incorporate your grip training?

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

I normally train 4 times a week in the gym. Back, Chest/shoulders, Legs/abs and the last day is arms. I switch between light/heavy weeks, where the heavy week consists of max 6 reps and minimum 4 set each exercise, and light week is minimum 12 reps and just a couple sets. When the Highland Games season is closing in, I will typically do more olympic lifts instead of static push/pull movements. My grip training is the last 15-20 minutes of each session, except for the leg training, where I do gripper work between squats.

When I'm 4-5 weeks out from a grip competition I can sacrifice the arm training, and run through all the events instead.

• Like 2