Az Cactus Grip Showdown Ix 2015 Announcement

bwwm

So sorry to hear about your fall buddy. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon. Back pain sucks the big one.

- Aaron

I won't be going to the contest.

Not sure if some of you know or not but I do home inspections and yesterday I fell through an open air intake grate in a house and into the basement of a house. Cut and banged up but the lower back pain is killing my its like shooting stabbing pain (x-rays show that I didn't break anything) but the doctor thought it was a herniated disk, I saw a chiropractor and they think they are compressed and that if it doesn't get better in few days I should get an MRI. To say the least I won't be lifting anything at all for sometime.

I have never felt this much pain in my life.

Damn, brother, I'm sorry to hear that. You've been working pretty hard for a while. But, nothing more than a few weeks off then right back into the game to prep for the next comp. There's always another one coming up to prepare for.

Side note, how big was this air intake that you were able to fall through? You're a pretty lean guy, but I don't see you fitting through a 4x12 register or anything!

Rest up, bro. You'll be back on hubs in no time. In the meantime, you've still got plenty of grippers.

Really sorry to hear about the injury my man. Gee whiz. Rest up and take thee time you need.

I won't be going to the contest.

Not sure if some of you know or not but I do home inspections and yesterday I fell through an open air intake grate in a house and into the basement of a house. Cut and banged up but the lower back pain is killing my its like shooting stabbing pain (x-rays show that I didn't break anything) but the doctor thought it was a herniated disk, I saw a chiropractor and they think they are compressed and that if it doesn't get better in few days I should get an MRI. To say the least I won't be lifting anything at all for sometime.

I have never felt this much pain in my life.

Damn, brother, I'm sorry to hear that. You've been working pretty hard for a while. But, nothing more than a few weeks off then right back into the game to prep for the next comp. There's always another one coming up to prepare for.

Side note, how big was this air intake that you were able to fall through? You're a pretty lean guy, but I don't see you fitting through a 4x12 register or anything!

Rest up, bro. You'll be back on hubs in no time. In the meantime, you've still got plenty of grippers.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words.

I have never felt so broken and stupid all at the same time, I normally step over these things religiously.

So yesterday I was doing an assessment on a house when I stepped on the air intake vent in the floor for the furnace and it all gave way and I feel like 8+ feet and landed right on my butt and had my fall broken but a bunch of sheet metal. The hole for it was over cut I think and the gratings lip was barely on the wood and if it wasn't perfect it fall in so everyone was stepping over it and no one told me.

This is what they look like and they are rather common here. Most of the time they are 24"x24" but I have seen some as big as 32"x32"

post-23607-0-28144000-1427742141_thumb.j

Thanks everyone for the kinds words. I have never felt so broken and stupid all at the same time, I normally step over these things religiously. So yesterday I was doing an assessment on a house when I stepped on the air intake vent in the floor for the furnace and it all gave way and I feel like 8+ feet and landed right on my butt and had my fall broken but a bunch of sheet metal. The hole for it was over cut I think and the gratings lip was barely on the wood and if it wasn't perfect it fall in so everyone was stepping over it and no one told me. This is what they look like and they are rather common here. Most of the time they are 24"x24" but I have seen some as big as 32"x32"

Man, really sorry to hear that.

Hopefully the fall didn't injure or even re-injure anything severely.

I wish you luck on your recovery...hopefully it's a short one!

Jared - very sorry to hear about your fall. I know how debilitating lower back injuries can be. Rest up, heal up, and stop out next time. I will refund your registration fee tonight.

Jared - very sorry to hear about your fall. I know how debilitating lower back injuries can be. Rest up, heal up, and stop out next time. I will refund your registration fee tonight.

Thanks man, keep it! Thanks for putting on a comp.

Sorry to here about the injury man. Hope you heal up quick and don't forget to train what you can - tns grippers, wrist developer, extensors... Contrast baths, good nutrition, some needed rest for the tendons. Everything happens for a reason; keep your head up and stay in the fight!

Thanks man, keep it! Thanks for putting on a comp.

Too late, I refunded it before I saw this. Anyways, if you imbibe, treat yourself to your favorite beverage, and promise us to stop out next year :sorcerer: .

• Like 1