New York Grip Throw Down 3

Chez

If I messed up the spelling of anyone's name, please let me know.

Congrats guys :rock

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone! Great job on 1st place, Jedd! Great gripper performance, Cesare! Lot of excellent numbers from all the classes.

• Like 1

Ceya, which guy were you brother?

The one with the cane with "Stop Bitching" on it.

Great Job, Jedd on the 400 plus on the DL.

S/F,

CEYA!

Edited by Ceya!
  • Like 1

Congratulations to everyone that competed! A lot of great numbers put up all-around!

• Like 1

I had a great time this weekend. Wanted to say thank you to Chez, Andrew and his wife for letting us use their house, everyone who donated prizes, everyone who drove a long way to be there, etc. I personally did as good or better than I thought I would in every event and that was really encouraging. Looking forward to many more competitions with you all!

• Like 2

Can't wait to see any video of this event, if it exists.

Only one DO Axle pull over 400lbs? Must have been a warmup day for everyone.

• Like 1

I just contacted Matt Cannon for the prizes. The prizes are gift certificates to Cannon Power Works. 1st place in each class gets $50, 2nd place in each class gets $40 and 3rd place in each class gets $30. The experienced class does not get them.

People who get $50:

Brian Burgos

Joshua Henze

John Stepien

people who get $40:

Andrew O'Leary

Brian Geisler

Dominick Dragone

People who get $30:

John Manna

Ronnie Rosario

Mike Chaffee

Once Matt responds, I'll let you know how to claim your prize in this thread. sit tight for now.

I want to acknowledge the sponsors who donated other prizes that we gave out after the comp (grip and bending equipment). We had a lot of stuff. This is the most that has ever been donated to one of my comps and I am very thankful for such wonderful people. People like this really help gripsport grow.

Josh Henze,

Todd Coenen

Chris Andrade

Jedd Johnson. Owner of http://www.dieselcrew.com/and http://thegripauthority.com/

Brian Burgos

Andrew Pantke, Owner of http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/

Lucas Raymond

- Please let me know if I'm forgetting someone, because its been a crazy weekend and My brain is fried.

Chez, excellent breakdown. Glad to be a part of this.

Thank you for coming. You are super strong. Get John back in shape :) (just kidding manna). I hope you come to King Kong in October Brian with the rest of your crew. .

Congrats to everyone! Great job on 1st place, Jedd! Great gripper performance, Cesare! Lot of excellent numbers from all the classes.

Thanks Ben. It matches my Comp PR from this past summer but still not as good as my training PR of 192 with a 20mm block. I'll have to train even harder for nationals.

I had a great time this weekend. Wanted to say thank you to Chez, Andrew and his wife for letting us use their house, everyone who donated prizes, everyone who drove a long way to be there, etc. I personally did as good or better than I thought I would in every event and that was really encouraging. Looking forward to many more competitions with you all!

Anthony always helps at every comp in various ways (loading, tallying the results, helping set up etc.) He never complains and always volunteers. Thanks dude. I really appreciate.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see any video of this event, if it exists.

Only one DO Axle pull over 400lbs? Must have been a warmup day for everyone.

Because I am always running around during these comps, I never have time to take video. But I found these vids posted by Jedd Johnson:

I have to mention that Brian weighed in at only 159.5 lbs, This lift is almost double body weight on the axle

Lucas Raymond coming very close to locking out 350 on the axle

Jedd's first time hitting 400lbs on the axle in competition.

Jedd upping this competition PR to 408 right after with a nice long pause as the comp.

Edited by Chez

Congratulations to everyone that competed! A lot of great numbers put up all-around!

Hope to see you again at a comp dude! You always welcomed.

Ceya, which guy were you brother?

The one with the cane with "Stop Bitching" on it.

Great Job, Jedd on the 400 plus on the DL.

S/F,

CEYA!

Thanks for coming out Ceya. Hope you come to King Kong in October.

Couple more videos.

My gripper attempts: 165, 171, 176, 176 (last two were misses)

John Stepien, oh so close but no cigar with 400lbs

• Like 1

Great meet great lifts. Its nice to see so many humble champions and to see Jedd get pushed into 2 PR's . So many guys with great lifts, thanks for the tips Jedd, Luke and Chez.

• Like 1

Chez, are there any copy of records to shoot for old timers like me in masters group and are the lifts for this years King Kong meet the same as listed for last years contest. If the contestants get large enough would you ever want to have multiple judges and two platforms or is that too much, that way you can run more events in less time.

If I announced that you earned a gift certificate to Cannon Power Works, please contact Matt Cannon (his user name on the gripboard is "Cannon" or you can message him on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cannon-PowerWorks/391201770914863?fref=ts).Tell him how much you won at the Comp and coordinate with him how to use the money when shopping at http://cannonpowerworks.com/

Great meet great lifts. Its nice to see so many humble champions and to see Jedd get pushed into 2 PR's . So many guys with great lifts, thanks for the tips Jedd, Luke and Chez.

Chez, are there any copy of records to shoot for old timers like me in masters group and are the lifts for this years King Kong meet the same as listed for last years contest. If the contestants get large enough would you ever want to have multiple judges and two platforms or is that too much, that way you can run more events in less time.

It was great meeting you Jerry.

All of our records can be seen at http://gripsport.org/arranged by weight class but I am not sure if we have them arranged by age. I will ask.

The lifts for this years King Kong will be different. I have been contact by head promoters Eric and Andrew but I don't want to announce the lifts publicly yet since the competition has not yet been formally announced by them.

I never thought I would have to address the problem of having too many people compete. Its a great problem to have. If we start getting over 20 people regularly I will have to come up with a solution. Its not easy with grip because they are friction based lifts. If we use 2 sets of equipment, people may complain that one set has a better gripping surface. I'll figure it out though.

I will have everyone's lifts entered into gripsport.org this weekend.

Edited by Chez

I've had some people ask if they can use the vouchers I handed out for Tee Shirts. I have thought about it and I need to keep the vouchers for products (DVD's, ebooks, and digital videos).

Just shoot me an email or a PM and we can set it all up via Paypal, or if you don't use that, we can certainly do check/Money Order.

Thanks everyone.

Jedd

Hey guys. I'm running a little late getting everyone's lifts posted on gripsport.org. Things have been crazy getting my new home ready for moving in. I'll get it done very soon. Thank you for your patience.

All the results have been entered into gripsport.org. I just need an admin to approve them and they will be live.

• Like 1

Thanks for puttin in the work for this Chez, this isn't easy with having a carreer and a household to take care of.

• Like 1