Grip Hogs Day - Grip Contest, Pa, Usa, February 2015

Jedd Johnson

I am making the official announcement that I will be running a Grip Contest on Saturday, February 7th, 2015. This will most likely be in my garage in Wyalusing, unless I can line up another venue.

The Events and the order are not yet finalized, however, I am certain a Silver Bullet Hold will be involved as well as Two Hands Pinch.

More details regarding the contest will be put out as they are finalized.

Jedd

• Like 3

Maybe I'll come for this. A little birthday present to myself.

• Like 2

hey! im still new to grip, just wondering why "closing grippers" aren't featured as an event in most competitions?

Actually, in most competitions, they are. I am actually thinking about doing both, but not quite sure yet.

• Like 1

For this contest, we will weigh everyone in so that you can attain stats for your proper weight class, but I am thinking of running divisions a little bit differently so that people of a similar skill level can compete against one another. It will be something like this:

Novice: 1st Contest

Intermediate: Already competed in previous contest(s)

Grip veteran: If you already have a bunch of contests, certifications, and records lists under your belt you're in this class.

Expert: Elite level grip athletes

• Like 4

So am I a grip veteran???

Been thinking about the events, and this is what we are looking at, so far.

Silver Bullet - Definite

Two Hands Pinch - Definite

Pickaxe - Definite

Bull Ring - Maybe (This is a piece of equipment my equipment company has been working on for Extensor Training)

Wrist Wrench - Maybe

Two Hand Axle Deadlift - Maybe

I don't want to do more than 5 events. One of the Thick Bar events will most likely be taken out. I was toying with the idea of having a Max Gripper event as well, but have pretty much scrapped that.

Anyone have a preference between Wrist Wrench and Axle?

So am I a grip veteran???

Luke - you're a lot of things - grip vet is one. After spanking me at Gripmas I have a couple other names for you too :). Looking for a huge Pickaxe lift from you!

Hahahah.....thanks Chris! The SB was the only reason I won....you outdid me on everything else!! All I can ask is that I continue to improve!!

Updated Events:

Silver Bullet - Definite

Two Hands Pinch - Definite

Two Hand Axle Deadlift - Definite

Pickaxe - Definite

Bull Ring - Definite

There will definitely be multiple classes so that beginners don't have to compete against experts.

• Like 1

Jedd when my schedule is posted, l will let you guys know if im off.

parris

question how do we practice the bull ring?

I've got a video shot and need to upload it. The easiest way to practice it is to get one from me. I think they will be very affordable.

Getting a few forms in here and there. Several beginners are coming, so that is awesome. Can't wait to work with everybody.

If you're looking for an intro contest, this will be good.

Plenty of intermediates coming as well.

It's looking like a SuperMatch between me, Luke and my old buddy Eli. These will be good events for him to place well in against me and talk lots of smack with me and Luke about, while still getting his butt handed to him. That alone will be good entertainment for the rest of you.

Here's the info: Grip Hogs Day

Hey Jedd I got my schedule im off that day , however at this point I dont think ill make it if things change ill let you know ASAP.

Parris

Here are the results and videos from Grip Hogs Day, as they complete...

New World Record Lifts on Pickaxe:

• Like 1