Next Step After 2.5

exarmy

I can currently close the 2.5 pretty well, and can knock out 3 sets 10 reps on the 2. seem to have hit a wall, or progress is tailing off slightly compared to gains i was making at the end of last year.

I see a lot of people recommend the GHP7 for helping to bridge the gap from 2.5 to 3. but I can't find them for sale in the uk.

I have seen some Heavy grips for sale and they seem cheap, any 2 for £30 delivered. looking a the 200 and the 250 to replace the 2 and 2.5, on paper thats 5lbs and 12.5lbs increase respectively.

are these what I'm looking for? just want to confirm this then I will buy them, I just don;t want to buy them and then find out they are not as hard or even weaker, then it would be pointless!

The 200 is like a trainer and the 250 is like a #1.5 and the GBP 7 is often stronger than a #3.

Would recommend a grandmaster but they don't sell them any more, maybe a GHP6

def GHP6 not GHP7....big difference there. Usually a GHP 6 will rate ~135 RGC and GHP 7 ~155RGC...buying lots of grippers or renting from Jedd is a way to find a gripper in the RGC range you need. If they aren't rated it is hard to say what you a working with.

I have the HG200 and after much use it feel like #1.2. But like other said, best bet to bridge is GHP6. Go for it. Its good to have your grippers rated too

it was a good job I posted on here eh?

How are the Heavy Grips so much weaker than they claim?

Not necessarily weaker just the springs are not very good quality!

They are garbage quality. not worth buying. better off spending more money on the high quality brands which will last forever.

The numbers they use are misleading and the quality of the spring and handles for Heavy Grips are trash.

Heavy grips claim to rate the grippers from the middle of the handle but I can close the 200 easily with my hands moved up the gripper where my pinky is on the middle. They just assign a number to a certain spring size I believe

Depending what your 2.5 rates at the GHP 6 may not bridge the gap. Cannon indicated the latest batch rated lower than previous.

• Like 1

Heavy grips claim to rate the grippers from the middle of the handle but I can close the 200 easily with my hands moved up the gripper where my pinky is on the middle. They just assign a number to a certain spring size I believe

Actually I thought their measurement was a torque rating in "inch pounds".

Depending what your 2.5 rates at the GHP 6 may not bridge the gap. Cannon indicated the latest batch rated lower than previous.

Yes, our most recent batch of GHP 6 has been 123-128 mostly with a few still in the 130s.

The 200 is like a trainer and the 250 is like a #1.5 and the GBP 7 is often stronger than a #3.

Would recommend a grandmaster but they don't sell them any more, maybe a GHP6

Important News: You can still buy 13 different Tetting grippers (including the Grandmaster) here: http://www.wwfitness.com/handgrippers.html

The website reads:

"Beef Builder Hand Grippers are precision made in the U.S.A. by Warren Tetting. Weightlifter's Warehouse has been selling Warren Tetting's handgrippers since 1992."

I contacted Bill Ennis (the gentleman who owns this website) to verify this.

His contact info is:

Bill Ennis

Weightlifters Warehouse

Menifee, CA 92586

Office: (951) 723-8503

weightlifterswarehouse@verizon.net

Edited by AKJV1769

I have an old hg250 that is harder than my #2. Just slightly though, and my 2 is not an easy 2. It was given to me by clay edgin in like 04-05. I have a newer hg300 and 350 too. The 350 is a beast and I can't tell a diff between it and my 3.5. The 300 I can no set but not easily.

My 250 is harder than my hardest 2 and my GHP 5 but defenitly weaker than my 125 # 2,5. But it also got weaker after a few closes.

got them today.

the 6 is a tad harder than my 2.5, after this vid I confidently shut the 2.5.

I wish I paid the extra to get them rated but i was in a rush to get them and thought it might delay it. i have access to plenty of metal and welding equipment, it there a guide on here for how to construct a RGC rating device and how you perform the tests?

• 3 weeks later...

I always hear people say hg are weaker and craps which yeah they are not as good as Cox but they were my first grippers and I have a soft spot for them. My 150 is less than a 1 and my 200 is a lot harder than a 1.5 However I'm a big girls blouse and can't close a 2 fully but it's weaker than my 250. it may be I get better leverage from my coc due to superior knurling.

one more thing I can't set a gripper I have watched loads of setting vids but find it harder to close than just mashing it together in one hand I also flip it every rep rather than just palming the dog leg