Ironmind Coc #3 For 13 Parallel Reps

David_wigren

I would estimate that David is roughly 10% stronger than me in grippers right now. Having said that, as we all know, some people rise to the occasion on competition day whereas other crumble. Mostly I have done better in competitions in grippers than in training but in 2006 (Oz championship) I was well below my training results leading up to that competition. Right now I am around the 145lb mark right hand with a 20mm block. My left hand varies a lot. Last workout I missed 124lb (quite pathetic). The best I have done in training with a 20mm block left hand is 131lb. All numbers refer to grippers rated by Matt Cannon. I suppose we could always do a MM0 certification at the competition (and perhaps MM1 and MM2 for David?). I would not want to spend too much energy though in the gripper event as I plan to have a go at Eric's 90.8k WR in the 74k class in the 2HP.

I also agree with everyone one regarding David's 'secret' grippers skills. He was hiding it well and is definitely more allround than people imagined with world class performance in both wrist events and now grippers.

Thank you Tommy and Mikael! Yes, I need to train my pinch and thickbar hard! My 2HP is my absolute weakness and Mikael is going to absolutely crush me in that event lol! Best lift on my device is a modest 73kg. My thick bar is "ok" but I definitely need to improve if I'm going to have a chance against Mikael in the overall score at the LGC.

My performance on the day is going to be hit or miss. I have a tendency to get VERY nervous in physical competition. My strength goes up but my technique goes down the toilet. When I was in my teens I did a few weightlifting comps and I always struggled with the snatch in competition. My body-barbell perception was just completely gone and even though the weight would feel light, I'd over or undershoot 2 out of 3 lifts. When I certed on the red I could barely feel my hands. But my strength was up so much I was able to overpower the steel and mash it anyways. At LGC this summer worst case scenario I'll start fumbling with the gripper set. Hand placement might be off in the 2HP etc. The thickbar and wrist event feel fairly simple and straight forward enough though for me not to struggle with them regardless of how nervous I get.

I think I can attempt some of the mash monster certs. They shouldn't get in the way to much leading up to the competition. Quite contrary, they might help to keep me motivated to work hard and possibly further improve my gripper strength.

• Like 1

I recognize that David. You're a strong guy pound for pound man. Seems like everything you do grows on you very quick. I envy that (in a good way).

I mentioned earlier, i think that the more you practise the blocksets, the easier setting will become for you, even when nerves get the best of you.

Thank you my friend! I'm focusing on rep work with MMS and 20mm sets. Inbetween sets of bench as I mentioned. Apart from my warm up I primarily use two working grippers. One that I can do for 1-5 reps and another that I can do 5-10 reps. Start with the hard one and ensd with the easier one. For instance in my last workout I used a hard #3 and an easy #3 for my right. Did 5 reps on the hard, then 4, then 3. After that I switch to the lighter gripper, which in this case was the easier #3 and I got 13 in my first set and 7 in my second set. I've been using a similar method since a few months back. Seems to work VERY well for me. A few months back I was struggling doing sets of 10 with my #2.5

Thank you for the info David! Great work and great result!

Very good my friend :rock You can kill the MMG 2 and possibly the 3 also!

Grip training is going pretty well lately. I did 5 parallel reps on my hard #3 and 13 reps on my easy #3. Doing these inbetween sets of bench is doing wonders for my strength and progress!

Congrats! Very strong

I recognize that David. You're a strong guy pound for pound man. Seems like everything you do grows on you very quick. I envy that (in a good way).

I mentioned earlier, i think that the more you practise the blocksets, the easier setting will become for you, even when nerves get the best of you.

Thank you again my Twilight zone brother!

I'm gonna include more 20mm set work and ramp up using harder and harder grippers. I have a pretty good progression up and just beyond a #3.5. I also purchased some grippers to be rated that I'm hoping to end up in the 170-180 range. And a #3 that hopefully lands at an average 150, so I can have a better feel for exactly where my other #3 lies.

Very good my friend :rock You can kill the MMG 2 and possibly the 3 also!

Thank you my friend! I will try. I've just signed up for the MM1 cert.

Thank you my friend! I'm focusing on rep work with MMS and 20mm sets. Inbetween sets of bench as I mentioned. Apart from my warm up I primarily use two working grippers. One that I can do for 1-5 reps and another that I can do 5-10 reps. Start with the hard one and ensd with the easier one. For instance in my last workout I used a hard #3 and an easy #3 for my right. Did 5 reps on the hard, then 4, then 3. After that I switch to the lighter gripper, which in this case was the easier #3 and I got 13 in my first set and 7 in my second set. I've been using a similar method since a few months back. Seems to work VERY well for me. A few months back I was struggling doing sets of 10 with my #2.5

Thank you for the info David! Great work and great result!

Thank you my friend! How is your training going nowadays?

Raw power dude.

Thank you man!

Grip training is going pretty well lately. I did 5 parallel reps on my hard #3 and 13 reps on my easy #3. Doing these inbetween sets of bench is doing wonders for my strength and progress!

Congrats! Very strong

Thank you!

David,

I didn't know you were so strong on grippers!

But I must say, I'm not at all surprised you have that kind of power on tap. Awesome job man.

• Like 1

Impressive close David!

Thank you brother!

David,

I didn't know you were so strong on grippers!

But I must say, I'm not at all surprised you have that kind of power on tap. Awesome job man.

Appreciate that Frank!