New Lbh Wr

Billy Jack

http://www.ironmind.com/news/Laine-Snook-Elizabeth-Horne-Break-Little-Big-Horn-World-Records

After reading this article, I started thinking about Mr. Snook again. We all know he was a stud on RT and probably would have broken the WR if he had done it at an official IM event. My main thought has centered around whether anyone thinks, given his ability on thickbar, millenium DB's, etc, if he could also hold the axle WR if he trained for it a little bit as well. He was the best on thick DB's so I would assume the carryover to axle would be very good.

Does anyone think it is feasible for Laine to hold the record in all three major IM categories of RT, Axle and LBH if he gave it a run? I think so but would love to hear opinions if anyone has any.

• Like 2

Laine could most definitely dominate all the thickbar events. As I remember he does have some long standing back issues though that for him are the more limiting factor than being able to hold onto something. Maybe he will speak to this.

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

First of all, I love threads like this. Personally, I love to speculate, or if the mood strikes me, even pontificate. Thusly, I would chime in by saying Mike Burke is going to be hard to beat in any area right now. He's at the top of his game. Sooo strong on everything. Pretty much cleaned 2 Inch BD's. Current axle WR holder. Absolutely a powerhouse in World's Strongest Man. Ran the Mighty Mitts in what I would offer up as the singular best performance of grip ever displayed in a single sitting. The only person I could see unseating Mike for the Axle WR is Big Rich Williams. I follow that guy on Facebook and dayyyum. He does stuff I've never seen. 800# good mornings. Without a doubt one of the strongest deadlifters of all time. Just insane stuff.

Mr. Snook and Burke are stellar grip men and seen to remind me of the same body frame structure. Burke at this time all around has it from performance along Size, strength, age, muscle quality mass, tendon and ligament strength an big meathooks. Mr. Williams is capable of raw feats of strength the likes I have never seen. I never saw him fail to do something he said he thought he could do. Alas , his choice to do what he enjoys is his ,so ,still his focused grip strength is untapped. He breezed through the Arnold's, all open floor challenges, extra added heavy grip gauntlet , won Mighty Mitts setting records and certified on the 3and 3.5 all in same 24 hour period. We have a super hard ( 224) random #4 hanging in gym and Tex and Rich perhaps got a "bad taste "when they first tried it. In a moment aside quite I asked Rich straight up " could you close a#4 by cert rules) a calm reply " yes ,I could" . I didn't ask again.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your kind words.

I would have to say that I believe that Mike Burke has the best grip on the planet - and I don't feel that I should be compared alongside him. He has such a well rounded strength, and he seems to be a very modest person, he just gets on with.

By comparison, I am very weak - I have never considered myself to be strong, I've seen strong and gauge myself accordingly.

That said, I hope to be able to find the strength from somewhere to see what I can pick up on the various IronMind products, and David Horne's too.

For me, Mike is the man - I have the greatest respect for him - I hope I will be lucky enough to share the same stage as him.

Take care of yourself Richard,

Laine

Edited by LAINE SNOOK
  • Like 2

Congrats on achieving the LBH record Laine ! Phenomenal pull !

Hi Kody,

Thank you for that.

I'm sure you'll have made plans to do something about it :-)

I hope you're working to get your record back - and working hard. I'm willing to have a battle to push the record up - I've got something else I'm working on right now, grip feat, but hope to get that sorted in the next few months.

Thank you again for your words.

Good luck,

Laine

Your absolutely welcome ! And I will continue to pursue 😊 God willing of course ! Its great to see you working hard again. Best of luck in whatever goals your working towards Laine ! Thanks for the inspiration !

Laine could most definitely dominate all the thickbar events. As I remember he does have some long standing back issues though that for him are the more limiting factor than being able to hold onto something. Maybe he will speak to this.

Hi,

Yes, I do have some big back issues, and my knees aren't what they used to be - but I'm still having a go :-)

I'll try my best to lift as much as I can and see where I end up.....

Good luck,

Laine

• Like 2

Mr. Snook very modest .

In fact, there are 4 people on the planet with the strongest grip. And Laine Snook among them.

I would have given much to see Axle DO DL tournament , where they all attended.

And I am sure that this would be the most epic event in known history.

And Laine every chance to rewrite records.