How To Interpret Gripper Ratings

bubba29

I love the gripper ratings on the Gripper Superstore site. I appreciate that they freely share this resource despite not even selling many of the grippers that are rated. When I pull up ratings on grippers there are always 3 #'s that are reported, force, min, and max. With the GHP grippers all those #'s are the same. Other databases have only a single # as the rating. My question is which # is most important to pay attention to? If I were to go to a grip competition, which # are they using to rate their grippers? I realize there are many variables that come into play with these ratings but I am trying to gauge things for comparison sake.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i believe the way gss has the rating system set by the number of grippers they tested so...when you see force, min, max i believe what that means is

force= the average poundage

min= the lightest gripper they calibrated

max= the heaviest gripper they calibrated

That's correct. If there is only one gripper rated in the system the numbers will be the same for force, min, and max.