Ghp Grippers

gerryg

I noticed on the Gripper Super Store's Facebook page that there is a new line of grippers coming soon, Wade can you give us some more info on these GHP Grippers? Will the GSS be doing gripper certs?

• Like 4

More information will be coming soon on these. We are working hard to get them listed before Christmas so save some of that Christmas cash :)

There will be 10 levels. They are made in the USA and are professionally done. We rethought the gripper from the ground up and added in a number of unique new features that nobody else has. Quality control was a major driving force in design, testing, and production. This is a high performance gripper - not for the faint of heart. The knurling is sharp, the levels are challenging, the the design is aggressive. It's our first time but I really feel like we produced this line right.

More information will be coming soon on these. We are working hard to get them listed before Christmas so save some of that Christmas cash :)

There will be 10 levels. They are made in the USA and are professionally done. We rethought the gripper from the ground up and added in a number of unique new features that nobody else has. Quality control was a major driving force in design, testing, and production. This is a high performance gripper - not for the faint of heart. The knurling is sharp, the levels are challenging, the the design is aggressive. It's our first time but I really feel like we produced this line right.

Best news I've heard all year!!!

Sick. I can't wait. I hope the price is on par with the current top notch grippers. Are you planning a certification process with these Wade? It seems like a great idea if you're advertising the grippers as "Level 1, Level 2" etc. I'm excited. I just hope they start at a level I can work with. :D

Thanks everyone for the comments. We are working hard to get these ready for sale. Hopefully these will be up in a day or two. No certification plans at this time but I think its a natural assumption that someday we will have something. The design and placement of the dome label on the bottom of the handles is so it is quite easy to see what gripper is being closed in a video or picture. There are a lot of unique features with these grippers that I am real excited to share in the coming days.

I think levels #2,75 and #3.25 (on CoC scale) would sell pretty well.

I agree.

...money is burning a hole on my pocket.

I really want to hear more about the unique features!

Let that money flow right out of your pocket because they are up for sale NOW!!!

Yahoo!!!

The wait is over! Levels 1-9 are now for sale on Gripper Superstore. Level 10 will be available early in January. I didn't want to hold this up any longer and with the holidays we just were not going to be able to get these all completed by the end of the year. As a small company this was a massive undertaking for us. I have personally spent 3 years off and on with this project with more than one roadblock and dead end. I would not put my name on something unless I knew it was done right and these grippers were done right. I participated in all aspects of the assembly of these grippers and very closely watched the part manufacturing (handles and springs).

We learned a lot during this first run. There were many times during this project that I considered scrapping it and not carrying through. Losing my father in the middle of assembly was extremely difficult and because it was such a busy time in my life with running Gripper Superstore and trying to launch a new brand, I really haven't had a chance to sit down and deal with some of the things I need to deal with. Now that we have these all but done and we are able to put them for sale I am going to sit down and take a serious look at whether I am going to continue on with this project. I've had a lot of encouragement from people that have seen and tested these grippers, which has really helped keep this project moving. Whether this is a one time Limited Edition offering or the beginning of a new era, I am extremely proud to offer these grippers to the public.

Thanks everyone!

Wade

ghpHDHG.pnghttp://grippersuperstore.com/store.aspx?cat_id=26&prod_id=2014

They Look great. Can you give some estimates of how the levels compare on a COC scale. I am been looking for some good grippers to fill gaps

They Look great. Can you give some estimates of how the levels compare on a COC scale. I am been looking for some good grippers to fill gaps

I have been comparing the wire size listed on the site to judge.

I have been comparing the wire size listed on the site to judge.

Good idea. I actually just checked that out and it looks like level 7 is .001" smaller than a #3 but listed in the GSS ranking category 1 level higher than a #3 so they gotta be pretty close

On rating - we made a decision not to assign a poundage rating to these grippers at this time. Anyone who has experience with grippers from various manufacturers knows that the poundage ratings vary wildly. There is also a question of where to you measure from - end of handle or center of handle. I have worked about as long on trying to come up with a good rating machine as I have to come up with a good gripper line! For now we are sticking with the semi-quantitative labels we put on the different series: Beginner (1,2,3); Novice (4,5,6); Professional (7,8,9). Yes spring size is a very good way to predict difficulty and in the United States there are only so many different sizes of spring wire in this range that most brands overlap. GHP grippers are all very close to 3" in spread and are mounted in the 3/16" range. In addition to physical specs grippers have a certain "feel" to them. The exact same spring on a different set of handles is going to feel different. I know I'm biased but these grippers have a great feel to them. Anyone that I have had try them out agrees that they feel really good in the hand.

Wade

The wait is over! Levels 1-9 are now for sale on Gripper Superstore. Level 10 will be available early in January. I didn't want to hold this up any longer and with the holidays we just were not going to be able to get these all completed by the end of the year. As a small company this was a massive undertaking for us. I have personally spent 3 years off and on with this project with more than one roadblock and dead end. I would not put my name on something unless I knew it was done right and these grippers were done right. I participated in all aspects of the assembly of these grippers and very closely watched the part manufacturing (handles and springs).

We learned a lot during this first run. There were many times during this project that I considered scrapping it and not carrying through. Losing my father in the middle of assembly was extremely difficult and because it was such a busy time in my life with running Gripper Superstore and trying to launch a new brand, I really haven't had a chance to sit down and deal with some of the things I need to deal with. Now that we have these all but done and we are able to put them for sale I am going to sit down and take a serious look at whether I am going to continue on with this project. I've had a lot of encouragement from people that have seen and tested these grippers, which has really helped keep this project moving. Whether this is a one time Limited Edition offering or the beginning of a new era, I am extremely proud to offer these grippers to the public.

Thanks everyone!

Wade

ghpHDHG.pnghttp://grippersuperstore.com/store.aspx?cat_id=26&prod_id=2014

My hat is off to you Wade for such a huge undertaking!!!

I can only imagine the obstacles you encountered not to mention the loss of your father.

I would like to personally thank you for your time and effort not just on your new gripper line but

for all your hard work and commitment at GSS! You have a First Class operation without any hassle.

Not to mention you're a World Class Grip Athlete in all your feats!!! :bow

I can only speak for myself but as long as I have a job I will continue to do business with you and help

you anyway I can.

Thanks a MILLION Wade!!! :)

• Like 1

I got some too. I was really impressed with the features. Heavy knurling on the palm side and less on the finger side. Rounded bottoms so that you dong get pinched. Sounds like the best on the market so far. A lot of planning for this series is evident. I should have them quick and Ill RGC what I have stat. Meant to get 5-8 but ended up ordering 5,6,7&9. Don’t know how I ordered a 9 instead of an 8. Ill just have to make another order later. YES!

I just ordered level 5-9. I was going to get 5-8 and a MM3 replica but the MM3's are out of stock again already so I added level 9 instead. I'll throw them on my rgc when I get a chance. I'll be ordering level 1-4 after Christmas if Santa doesn't bring them to me :santa: