Strength Shop Usa 64Kg Bell

Billy Jack

Have been eyeing one of these for a while since I can't locate a baby inch or other comparable. My main question concerns the handle. One of the reviews on the main page says that the handle is knurled on their bells, but I see no other mention on the individual review of the 64kg bell. Are all of the bells handles knurled? I want something that is non-knurled like the inch. Thanks for any input.

I have the 53kg bell from strength shop and the handle isn't knurled. The handle is a little oval shaped though.

Thanks Tom. Do you feel the slightly oval handle makes the bell easier, harder, or has no real effect?

I may be getting into having a baby inch cast...if it happens I will let everyone know if I will be able to get more than one and the cost.

Thanks Tom. Do you feel the slightly oval handle makes the bell easier, harder, or has no real effect?

It makes it harder. Brent and Josh Henze have trained with the 64kg bell and I know Brent has said it's definitely harder than the baby inch because of the handle shape.

I have one I'll take some video of it. The knurling is soso more like a rough casting than true knurling but the oval hande and longer length I think make it harder. Never tried a baby inch but I can get The Gracie bell but this one gives me trouble.

Luke let me know if you get some baby's cast.

Edited by Andrew P

I have one I'll take some video of it. The knurling is soso more like a rough casting than true knurling but the oval hande and longer length I think make it harder. Never tried a baby inch but I can get The Gracie bell but this one gives me trouble.

Luke let me know if you get some baby's cast.

The Gracie bell is harder than a baby inch, weight and balance from the longer handle. The stregth shop 64kg is a good training dumbbell. Mines handle is 60 x 65 mm.

What I don't like about the strength shop bells are the flat spots on the bottom of the globes. Besides that I think that they are a good purchase, especially for the price

Did you email Jason Adamski about a Baby INCH?

I just bought mine earlier this year and there's no knurling on it.

I have the 64k....the 53k....and the 42k....they are not knurled....however like the others have mentioned the handles for whatever reason are not round but oval...but after using them, the longer and oval handles make them more challenging I think.

To Steve K....I agree with you, I didnt like the flat spot either...but used them to my advantage when I was first started trying to lift them....having the flat spot facing away from the palm side gave the bell less rotational mass and easier to pickup....conversely, if you have the flat spot on the back of the hand side you got more mass spinning the thumb open...as the dumbbell is kinda lop-sided weight wise (like a "Holle" dumbbell handle)....and if you had the flat spot facing straight up or down you had it in a neutral position....I hope this makes sense (?) lol

Respectfully,

Dave

Edited by Dreadnought
  • Like 1