Fbbc Parallel Grippers

baileycm1

Has anyone here used the parallel grippers from FBBC? I know the spring is large, but are they a valuable training tool or a novelty? I was planning on getting some of there OS grippers so I thought maybe I'd grab a parallel one too.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Never tried them, i would assume it's somewhat like

a regular gripper clamped down.

Never tried them, i would assume it's somewhat like

a regular gripper clamped down.

That's what i figured, but without the pain of choking a gripper

Never tried them, i would assume it's somewhat likea regular gripper clamped down.

That's what i figured, but without the pain of choking a gripper
Yea thats true, Come to think of

it i have never tried any fbbc grippers, Don't hear them brought up much.

If I can get some Ill do a review haha.

Edited by baileycm1

I have an FBBC P1 narrow. I got it for free when I made a big order last year. It was just rated at 148 this last week. Well built gripper. You just really have to get used to it being so narrow. I have a harder time with narrow or choked grippers due to hand size and they seem really tough to me. I have heard other larger handed people say the same. If you have average sized hands, like 7.5-7.75", they would probably be great. Also, the knurling is very, very rough compared to any other gripper I have ever touched.

I have an FBBC P1 narrow. I got it for free when I made a big order last year. It was just rated at 148 this last week. Well built gripper. You just really have to get used to it being so narrow. I have a harder time with narrow or choked grippers due to hand size and they seem really tough to me. I have heard other larger handed people say the same. If you have average sized hands, like 7.5-7.75", they would probably be great. Also, the knurling is very, very rough compared to any other gripper I have ever touched.

Thanks for the info man! I'm not a huge fan of choked grippers. The clamp always made it feel awkward. I'll probably get a P1 and two others when I hear back from FBBC.

I have a P1 with 5/8" steel handles:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=9125

I'll write something up on the weekend - it's quite an unconventional beast.

It gets used in a grip training session at least once a week. . . .

That thing is stout. Because of your gallery, I'm probably going to order a set of grippers haha. How hard is it to close the one with double 1" handles?

Is that spring 3/8ths or what?? And 5/8 handles

on the monster, Dam looks like it could replace

a leafspring lol.

The 1" handles are a double-edged sword: A nightmare to comfortably set. . . . . but less distance to make the handles touch. I admit my pinkies aren't up to helping much with this gripper!

The 1" handles are a double-edged sword: A nightmare to comfortably set. . . . . but less distance to make the handles touch. I admit my pinkies aren't up to helping much with this gripper!

Thanks for posting more pictures of that beast. I think I'm gonna get one with knurled handles. How long did it take you to get yours? I've read that it takes a minute to hear from FBBC.

I've read that it takes a minute to hear from FBBC.

If by minute you mean a geologic epoch.

Given I have non-standard handles it’s a little hard for me to give a completely objective review. However here are a few observations:

- The gripper is extremely well made and the spring is top quality.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=11427

- As mentioned on the FBBC site, the handles are slightly over parallel.

- There’s no bevelling on the handles – but the edges aren’t sharp.

- It beats the heck out of using a choked gripper (I choke the springs – not the handles)

All up I was extremely happy with the gripper. I wanted something a little different and although I seriously doubt I’ll ever “close” it, nevertheless it forms a very useful part of my grip (crush) training. At the risk of sounding like a heretic one can of course train crush without closing their gripper.

For the last year or so I’ve slid 5/8” rubber tubing over the handles:

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=11425

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=11426

The effect of this is that:

- It’s easier on the hands.

- It makes it even harder (ie. brutal) to move as the rubber gives a little before the spring does.

I usually do 3-4 sets of 15-20 squeezes (I wouldn’t even call them “partial reps”). Sometimes I’ll go with just a rubber handle for the palm, and bare steel for the fingers.

If you were to go with a P1 one I’d stick with ¾” handles – particularly if you intend to train with it to help close big grippers. Frankly though I don’t see that knurling is necessary. And oh yeah – brass doesn’t rust or require much cleaning!

I'd email FBBC to see what their turnaround times are like at the moment - remember each gripper is custom built.

Dave

Placed my order for some grippers from FBBC. Hella stoked.