Primal Punch

ZFJango

All right. Today was a good day as far as exercise goes. I hit the weights, and managed two personal records. No pauses between sets or reps.

30 x90 pound bench press after treadmill warm-up

90 x130 pound shrugs

15 x130 pound upright rows

12 x130 pound half-curls

40 x130 pound shrugs

5 x120 pound one-armed pull-downs, left and right(PR)

16(PR), x200 pound bench press

50 x130 pound shrugs

10 x130 upright rows

8 x130 pound half-curls

20 x130 pound shrugs

4 x120 pound one-armed pull-downs left and right

13 x200 pound bench press

30 x130 pound shrugs

6 x130 pound upright rows

3 x130 pound half curls

18 x130 pound shrugs

1 x120 pound pull down w/ left, 2 w/ right

8 x100 pound pull down w/ left, 9 w/right

10 x200 pound bench press

20 x130 pound shrugs

3 x130 pound upright rows

1 x130 pound half curls

8 x130 pound shrugs

8 x120 pound pull down w/ left, 10 w/ right

6 x200 pound bench press

9 x130 pound bench press

15 x100 pound bench press

6 x70 pound one hand bench press

A couple more shrugs, and a few sad one armed pull downs to finish me off.

Thanks for checking this out, y'all.

Intense workout, keep on the same track!

Thank you, Juri!!

Hey buddy just read that you might be starting bending. Concentrate on a strengthening your upper body for it, rows, flies, bench etc will be good for you.

If you need any advice feel free to message anyone who bends, they will be more than willing to help you out and advise you.

• Like 1

Hey buddy just read that you might be starting bending. Concentrate on a strengthening your upper body for it, rows, flies, bench etc will be good for you.

If you need any advice feel free to message anyone who bends, they will be more than willing to help you out and advise you.

Thank you, man! You rock.

• Like 1

Today's workout, similar to my last workout, with two notable exceptions(for me!): I managed to grind out 100 shrugs at 130 pounds(Personal Record), and I did one armed pull-downs with 130 pounds! 2 solid reps with my left, and 3 solid reps with my right(Personal Record BIG TIME!). I am getting closer to a one-armed chin up. One baby step at a time.

**Edit. Then I came home and failed miserably at bending a 7" piece of 1/4" square bar.

Edited by ZFJango

YES! Two days of fighting with that miserable 8" piece of CRS 1/4" square bar netted me nothing but frustration and bruises, so I decided to have a go at the little 5.5" piece of 1/4" CRS round bar again. I fought with it in the Reverse position to no avail, and in desperation I tried the Double Overhand again... Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Then, I found that sweet spot, and brought the pressure down on that little piece of steel. It bent! I crushed it down to 1-5/16", and I am so stoked I can hardly stand it. I want to be out knocking on doors, telling folks about it! Ha ha ha! The grip bug, the bending bug..

I scored some 60D nails for bending practice. What a wicked workout is bending. I freaking love it as much as grippers, and bench press, and pull downs, and push ups, and, and, and. Thank you, JHenze, for the heads up on the 60D nails as a cheaper way to get bent.

60D are no joke...nice work man...something about bending actual nails and bolts just ramps up the awesomeness

• Like 1

60D are no joke...nice work man...something about bending actual nails and bolts just ramps up the awesomeness

TRUTH! Hey, thank you for subscribing to my YouTube. I just subscribed to you as well. Killer closes on some heavy grippers, man.

• Like 1

TRUTH! Hey, thank you for subscribing to my YouTube. I just subscribed to you as well. Killer closes on some heavy grippers, man.

thanks man...the videos you make are pretty cool...looking forward to watching your rise through the bending world

Did a decent volume workout today with 100 pounds.

40 x Parabola Press to burn out my bending muscles.

20 x Gripster's Lament

50 x shrugs

40 Triceps Express presses

20 Upright rows

20 deadlifts

20 upright rows

40 shrugs

50 bench presses

-At this point, I stopped, and bent 4x 60D nails in Double Underhand and Vertical. Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLNmsh-MWs0

Finished up with bench presses, shrugs, and dead lifts in odd numbers.

Hit the gym and had some twinges in my shoulder that kept my workout short. I did manage a personal record, though. 140 pound one-armed pull-downs, 2 with my left, 2 with my right. I am closing in on that one-armed pull-up.

I also finally beat that 5.5" piece of 1/4" CRS round bar. Bent it in Double Overhand. I feel like I might be going after that 7" x 1/4" square CRS again soon.

• Like 1

Slammed out a decent workout today.

-Warmed up with isometrics on my Bender's Helper and a kitchen towel.

-Bent 4 Ironmind Yellow Nails DO, and 4 Ironmind Blue Nails DO. I am still having difficulty bending 7" lengths. Well, difficulty kinking the 7" bars, rather. The Blue Nails bend for me 3 times easier than the Yellow Nails. Here is a picture of my bends for today: https://instagram.com/p/8L6_yvmsYB/?taken-by=zfjango

-Hit the weights for volume, similar to my other workouts, so I won't bore you with the numbers!

-3 sets of 10 chin-ups with legs in "L" position was one addition to my round-robin of pain, and a load of lever work.

Thank you for checking this out.