Gripper reps on 1, 1/2, 2. 2 choked reps, 2.5 SN

Titans 17 lbs 4x5 clamp grip

Wednesday

Deads etc.

PR Baby!!! 40# hub lift today then sets of #35 hubs

Rolling Thunder sets of 3 @ 130#

Blob bouncing on rebounder

Saturday

Going to stop grip and weights for 1 week. Out of town will do Yoga to stretch. Will come back stronger!

Coming back to the weights and grip next week. Looking forward to it! Doing and did a lot of running this week.

Thinking about getting that loadable blobette from PDA.....

C ya

Monday

I am back again. Went out of town did some hiking and running. No grippy or weighty for a week.

Today:

Weight day

- Shoulder press ups TB

- Pull ups TB

- ab work

- wrist curls (forward and reverse)

- Kettebell swings

Gripper day

-choked filed #2

-sn 260N

-titans 'key grip' 17 lbs 3x5

-expand bands green

Thats it.....

-

Tuesday

Running day

135# Rolling Thunder sets of 3

Hubbing sets of 38.5#

Bounced the 47.5 blob on rebounder

Wednesday

Deads (TB)

Bi Curls (TB)

Rows (TB) on ball

DB Press on ball (TB)

Ab work

Dips

Grip Day

-Titans - key grip BH 17# 3x5

some...

SN RB240

Choked filed #2 sets of 3

Started Creatine today. In loading phase. I like the idea of getting stronger but not too much bigger, so we will see how this goes. Bought a small container of it for this trial

Friday

Leg day - Anerobically speaking

Hub 41.5 all the way up on left PR!!! a little on right

-for some reason I am dominate on my left hand hubbing, eventhough I am right handed.

Raised the Heavy Hammer to 20# 4 x 3 up and down and side to side. Wasted after that couldnt pick up Rolling

Bounced blob 47.5 on rebounder

Yellow band- pinch grip movement - 20 each hand

Here is where I am at on my goals:

-I think I am on schedule with hubbing 45 by birthday.

-2.5 coc needs some more work for sure

-New goal 47.5 blob both hand to lock out by birthday (don't know what I am really saying here but what the heck)

Saturday

Did some gripper work (nothing to write home about)

Sunday

-New PR! :D Hubbed 42.5# on left a couple ft.

-Did some 47.5# Blob bouncing on rebounder

-attempts on 135# Rolling (weaker on this today)

Stretching

Back is getting better

Monday

I am on the fifth day of using Creatine for the first time. Last day of the 'loading' phase. Man, this stuff is bloating.

Still running my experiment with using thickbar throughout my normal weightlifting regiment; biceps, pullups, deads, squats, rows, etc.

Forearms have been pumped for a while. Actually when I hit some PRs for hubbing elbow tendonitis came with it. This upcoming week no grip, contrast baths, and stretching. Don't want to mess around and get nerve problems like I did in the past.

Lower back is getting better. Stopped running and powerwalking for the moment. Need to start iceing it regularly.

Haven't posted in a while. Have Tennis Elbow at the moment. Stopped all gripwork and letting this heal up. After haveing the nerve problem a while back I learned when the body says take a break listen. Since my work entails a lot of physical movement I will save my energy for that. So basically I am in rehab mode.

Looking forward to coming back to grip. Will still do weight lifting and aerobic.

Adios

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't said anything in a while on the log. Thought I need to start rolling again. Still healing up on from Tendonitis. Slowly getting better. Stopped everything. Will start coming back tommorrow. Enjoying Gripboard like usual, all the inspiration is great. Two things I really want to get back to are Hubbing and gripping. In that order.

Haven't really got into the TENS machine. Will start a routine this weekend. Plus getting the Contrast Baths on a schedule.

Okay I need to get full force into a regiment of healing. This tendonitis will be a thing of the past.

Here is a my recovery plan:

1. Stop coffee (I have been going full blast for a while. I will try cold turkey I know the headache will come....so be it)

2. Drink lots of water throughout the day

3. Megadose on vitamin C

4. Eat a lot more salad

5. Do recovery workouts for elbow tendonitis

6. Use the TENS daily (more than once a day if possible)

7. Contrast baths

8. Get off my butt and do ab work and aerobic, no weights yet.....

8. Above all stay positive!!!! :rock

Okay I need to get full force into a regiment of healing. This tendonitis will be a thing of the past.

Here is a my recovery plan:

1. Stop coffee (I have been going full blast for a while. I will try cold turkey I know the headache will come....so be it)

2. Drink lots of water throughout the day

3. Megadose on vitamin C

4. Eat a lot more salad

5. Do recovery workouts for elbow tendonitis

6. Use the TENS daily (more than once a day if possible)

7. Contrast baths

8. Get off my butt and do ab work and aerobic, no weights yet.....

8. Above all stay positive!!!! :rock

The coffee part is going to be a killer right now for me..... :blush but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do....

i just stopped by to read your log, good stuff!

Parris

• 1 month later...

test

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am still alive. Something come up in my life and all gripwork items will need to go. So get ready for the big sale!!!

'Times they are a changin'. It was fun but sometimes one needs to make a 90 degree turn.

I will post with items soon has I get ready to be packed etc.

Bryce

• 3 years later...

So... back at it again.. will try to get more regimented in my training of grip. I have been a massage therapist for 3 1/2 years and doing grip is really great with this added occupation.

I am doing grip 3 times a week... pinch, supporting, crushing... just playing around at the moment.. will get more regimented and focused soon.

I am hub lifting 45 with added 2 1/2 lbs now to full lock out.. happy about this :grin:

Nothin' super special on this workout log... I am getting 45's hub lifted all the way up now, and holding for time on both sides. I would like to take video and pics of this and also do a double 45 hub lift... haven't tried or done that yet. More to come

Yes! Just broke a personal record. I will take a pic and post video hopefully next week. 2 -45 plates hub lifted together to full extension, with added 2 1/2 lbs... and I held it for time!!! I am excited... Yes!

• Like 1

Did it ya'll! Excited! :)

Double 45 hub lift

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Gonna start up this training log again. Currently, I am training grip 6 days a week. Supporting one day, pinch next, crushing next, repeat. Im working extensors all those days. My hands are getting stronger in a well rounded way it feels. I am holding a 45 lb hampton plate, hub pinch grip, with 4 2.5 lbs added. total of 55 lbs for a few seconds now. Today I held two 25s pinch grip for a few seconds each hand. Rolling Thunder is getting better.160 for a couple seconds

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out there is a Crushed to Dust Challenge. As soon as my Rolling Thunder gets up to speed I will be successful.

1. I can close #2

2. I can hub lift 60 now... so 45 is not a prob

3. I'm at 160 on Rolling Thunder