Rt Advice

ultimatemk309

I bought the crushed to dust challenge kit a few weeks ago and love training with the hub and rolling thunder. The only problem is my RT strength is pretty low compared to my gripper and hub numbers. I have read just about every single article available on the internet that I can find on the RT. I tested my max the first day I got it (130lb), but haven't maxed out since. Currently once a week I will do around 4-6 reps for about 5 sets with about 120 lbs (depending on my strength that particular day). Just looking for any advice out there that might help me like maybe more volume, accessory lifts? I am all ears

It's a lot of thumb strength. Test your thumbless grip numbers, and compare them to the 130lbs lift. Tho, it's the entire lower-arm area that needs attention, the most important is the thumb.

Any additional exercises you would recommend for thumb strength? Maybe plate pinching?

Any additional exercises you would recommend for thumb strength? Maybe plate pinching?

Here's a few suggestions: Plate pinching, pony clamp, ttk if you have one.

No TTk, but I can definitely get me a pony clamp. Thanks for the tip! I will be giving that a try tonight for sure

On the Ironmind Forum Laine Snook started a thread with advise for rolling thunder reps and sets and percentages of max weight. Good luck.

• Like 3

Training open hand strength more broadly and regularly was more beneficial than specific RT work in my experience. Thick dumbbell curls, rows, axle deads, etc. In particular, I remember doing a lot of thick dumbbell hammer curls right around when my RT strength was at its peak.

Picked up a pony clamp today. I don't have any way to train thick bar, but I will be implementing my fat gripz a lot more. Ill gladly use anymore advice if someone has it

When I was training RT

A lot, block weights helped big time so I trained strictly Thunder

And block weights on diff days

I got my goal lift of 150 at 150 bodyweight

Good luck training with it and the hub lift as well !

• Like 1

Finger walks are good for the thumb...with a sledgehammer. even the the thick RT loading pin can be used. It's a great thumb boost.

Picked up a pony clamp today. I don't have any way to train thick bar, but I will be implementing my fat gripz a lot more. Ill gladly use anymore advice if someone has it

Fat gripz are close enough. For some lifts I find that their flexibility makes them a little more difficult than an actual thick bar because you have to squeeze that much harder to keep them in position.