Little Interesting Discovery Thanks To Some Inspiration

benjaminBoy

First the inspiration is from a photo Chez posted of him using the Silvis handles for his MM8 After seeing this I check how thick my Silvis Triceratop gipper Torsion Spring was .Came out at 0.276 inches so I grabbed my SM gripper that is rated at 124 thanks to Cannon and checked it and was 0.273 so they are pretty much the same diameter. And after popping the pins out of the SM they slid into the Silvis handles with pretty much no play to be worried about and was tougher then the original Silvis spring. In my Opinion It is a drop in upgrade after you have Mastered the Triceratop spring and are looking to ever further bridge the gap to tougher Grippers.

• Like 1

That is terrific dude. I can't take full credit for the idea though. I posted a review of the Megalodon in my training log and mentioned that although I think its a great gripper it wasn't hard enough for me and the spread was too narrow. Slazbob mentioned in my log that I could use the handles on a tougher and wider spring and then I started to look up spring diameters and figured out that a COC #4, GHP 9 and Grand Elite Spring would all fit perfectly and then Josh O'Dell tested the idea with his super elite spring (it still worked even though the spring diameter was a little less). It was a team effort but most of the credit has to go to Slazbob for suggesting the idea.

I don't know the T-Rex Spring Diameter but it would be interesting to see which COC, GHP or tetting gripper diameter it is close to. If it is close to a #3 that would help a lot of guys cert the #3.

Here is the link to the conversation in my training log. Slazbob suggested the idea on post #1425: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=37044&page=72

• Like 1

That is terrific dude. I can't take full credit for the idea though. I posted a review of the Megalodon in my training log and mentioned that although I think its a great gripper it wasn't hard enough for me and the spread was too narrow. Slazbob mentioned in my log that I could use the handles on a tougher and wider spring and then I started to look up spring diameters and figured out that a COC #4, GHP 9 and Grand Elite Spring would all fit perfectly and then Josh O'Dell tested the idea with his super elite spring (it still worked even though the spring diameter was a little less). It was a team effort but most of the credit has to go to Slazbob for suggesting the idea.

I don't know the T-Rex Spring Diameter but it would be interesting to see which COC, GHP or tetting gripper diameter it is close to. If it is close to a #3 that would help a lot of guys cert the #3.

Here is the link to the conversation in my training log. Slazbob suggested the idea on post #1425: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=37044&page=72

Awesome Dude I don't read too much into T-logs but i Have my T-rex next to me and its coming out at 0.297 my GM is 0.281 and #3 is also 0.281 and GHP is also 0.281 how weird is that ahaha and I will have to give Slazbob a big thanks.

Nice man iT would be sweet if someone was to

produce adjustable handles to fit the coc's perfectly,

The training (bridge range) would be endless.

Thanks, Chez! And Benjamin! It's basically what Warren has done with the MM grippers. It's a lot easier for us now, with the Silvis.

I hope you guys can fill in the numbers you need. and get stronger than ever!