203lb Rt Dl

jvance

Finally tried a max, very happy with the result after not even focusing on RT... Also this was about 4 lbs over BW

Training for the inch no doubt carried over very well - last time I tried a max I was in the mid/low 180s

Edited by jvance
  • Like 7

Wow bro good pull!

Great lift Jon!

thanks dudes! hint hint, all the inch training and associated wrist stabilizer strength helped increase this lift. Simply doing more RT doesn't cut - back when i used to train it i got nearly nowhere with it

• Like 1

Curls and more curls lol... Plate and thickbar of all sizes. Helps to keep the strongest part of your hand - where the digits meet knuckles, directly supporting the weight. This is where you keep the bar from sliding down your hand to your fingertips.

Great lift AND progress, Jon!

thanks dudes! hint hint, all the inch training and associated wrist stabilizer strength helped increase this lift. Simply doing more RT doesn't cut - back when i used to train it i got nearly nowhere with it

Maybe that Bosco Bell I accidentally bought today will be the recipe :cool

• Like 2

That's a huge lift in many ways! Sets you up for the C2D challenge, it's a bw lift, just AWESOME!

Thanks for all the encouragement y'all!! This is why I love the gripboard! Grip has been good to me lately, seeing a lot of payoff from my back to the basics approach. Went down to the machine shop with Kody last night and picked me up some shiny new hardware. Solid 2.5 " axle and solid 2" vbar... Gonna see where I'm at on these new toys later in the week, maybe not full maxes but I have set some watermarks I hope to be at. Kody's still a beast too!! Was repping 165 2hp no warmup just toying with it!! Been layin low but look out when he comes back fresh!!

• Like 1

Very strong rolling thunder lift!

I think daniel reinard when training on the inch to eventually lift it mentioned he didn't get any carry over to the rolling thunder. Everyone is different though so whatever you did clearly worked well. You must be close to a inch lift also with this strong attempt.

What does someone normally have to pull on a rt new handle to lift the inch?

It's been discussed before, and the consensus was there was no magic number. Some folks pull well north of 200 on the RT, and still can't budge the inch, and some pull less than 200 on the RT, but can lift an inch.

Yes, it has been discussed many times on the forum. I have provided as long-winded answers as anyone, giving examples, anecdotes, experiences, observations, etc.

However, no one has ever actually given a concise answer, so here it is.

Normally, someone needs to be able to pull 235 lb. on a rt new handle to lift the inch.

Yeah 235 is almost a guaranteed inch lift, though for some it may be bunch less.. When I take down the inch for the first time ill test the RT max as well.

As far as commonly contested feats are concerned 1HDL w/ axle is much more strongly correlated; look at the people who've done a full lift w/ 210+ 1HDL on the axle+ and access to an Inch-I made a list somewhere, perhaps FB, and will try to find it. DO axle probably is too (haven't checked), but would exclude people w/ back issues who struggle w/ two-handed lifts.

RT is a fun and great tool; just needs proper storage, care and using Strossen's test of proper function occasionally to make sure you aren't deluding yourself (which I've done in the past). I will also test myself on a number of things after completing a proper Inch lift, but don't have a good, new RT handle at this time.

• Like 1