Hub Rules Typo

Andrew P

Hi everyone. A few people have pointed out to me that in my desire to eliminate the V-bar hubbing I slipped up and worded the rules in such a way that the ring and pinky couldn't be used. I've corrected that error in this version. Sorry about that.

IronMind Hub: King Kong Rules

Only the Hub is to be grasped. To keep this lift within the spirit of the Hub Lift (proper ‘claw’ style), only the fingertips of the thumb, index and middle fingers are to grasp the Hub. The ring and pinkie finger may or may not be in contact with the hub, this is at the discretion of the athlete. The thumb, index and middle fingertips must start in contact with the rim of the hub. The fingertips are the distal phalanges. The other two fingers may oppose, or not be on at all. These are the fingers that grasp slightly slanted. The devise will need to start level and once left the ground as level as possible (within 20 degrees of horizontal), excessive tilting will not be allowed. In the spirit of claw lifting no part of the palm or thumb pad of the hand should come in contact with the hub. The device must be lifted to lock-out, which will be demonstrated by complete extension and a finished lift. Part of this is showing control at the top—that's what will trigger the referee's down signal. Athletes must await the referee’s down signal before returning the device back to the platform all the while maintaining the grip/contact with hub. The free hand may NOT be used to brace against the opposing leg.

Color coded.

IronMind Hub: King Kong Rules

Only the Hub is to be grasped. To keep this lift within the spirit of the Hub Lift (proper ‘claw’ style), only the fingertips of the thumb, index and middle fingers are to grasp the Hub. The ring and pinkie finger may or may not be in contact with the hub, this is at the discretion of the athlete. The thumb, index and middle fingertips must start in contact with the rim of the hub. The fingertips are the distal phalanges. The other two fingers may oppose, or not be on at all. These are the fingers that grasp slightly slanted. The devise will need to start level and once left the ground as level as possible (within 20 degrees of horizontal), excessive tilting will not be allowed. In the spirit of claw lifting no part of the palm or thumb pad of the hand should come in contact with the hub. The device must be lifted to lock-out, which will be demonstrated by complete extension and a finished lift. Part of this is showing control at the top—that's what will trigger the referee's down signal. Athletes must await the referee’s down signal before returning the device back to the platform all the while maintaining the grip/contact with hub. The free hand may NOT be used to brace against the opposing leg.

Source of the rules:

David Horn Blue

Original Kong Rules Black

Iron Mind Orange

New Green as 9/23/2014

New as of 9/25/14

Frank....by THUMB PAD are you referring to the thenar eminence (base of thumb which meets the palm)...as my medical background I worry there may be misinterpretation of this.

I was referring to the Metacarpo phalangeal joint of the thumb. The video shows this best. If the palm and thumb pad can't touch I can't see how you could v-bar the hub.