World Record Ipf Superheavy Squat

EricMilfeld

Huge risk/benefit difference monetarily, reputations wise, etc. from people in the NFL vs a IPF lifter.

Abvously you havent spent much time around powerlifters. The best are so addicted to the rush of the records, the huge lifts, the admiration that they are willing to risk it all. The list that have left this world too soon is pretty long.

Before the birth of my twins I didnt much care if I died on the platform. My doctors told me from day 1 to stop and I defied their requests. If my heart were healthy I would have juiced to the max to be the best 220 in the world, damn the costs. Why? Because that is just how I am wired. My kids and my health opened my eyes.

I know powerlifters who have needed surgery and couldnt lift, so they got so addicted to oxycodone that they were crushing it and snorting it to get that feeling. To replace the feeling of being on the platform and smoking a big weight. It is a bad addiction that can consume your life. Despite getting only a trophy you allow your blood pressure to sky rocket, train through serious injuries, lose wives and girlfriends, etc.

I don't think I'm able to sufficiently able to explain my meaning. I understand what you're saying and it doesn't refer to what I'm talking about.

The IPF lifters carry the same mentality. I know a natural lifter who takes contrast showers just to speed up recovery. They are willing to do evetything they can, except juicing. If you juice, you're a cheater and a loser. If you get caught juicing, you're not welcome anymore and your results aren't worth crap anymore. In my local club. About a decade ago, there was a very good powerlifter who placed very well internationally. Everyone looked up to him. Heck the club was even paying him to compete for them since he actually lived in another region. But then he got caught with 50 times over the natural limit of test and he went from hero to discrace over night. If he wanted to compete as an enhanced lifter, he shouldn't have competed in the IPF. There is no arguing against it, it's cheating. You might as well bribe the judges, poison you competitors or lift while wearing forbidden lifting gear.

• Like 2

Its against the rules in the NFL too, but I am sure they can still smile every time they look at their bank accounts despite being "losers and cheaters".

Is your witch hunt against steroids only because they enhance performance and make better athletes? What about alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine? All legal but still deadly drugs...

IPF will also ban other athletes to train with or be coached by the banned athlete for life. Good way to get really ostracized.

• Like 1

Up to the individual, arnold i believe said if you lift 1000, steroids will get you to 1010, steroids and peds don't make you superhuman, training and dedication make you a monster. Im not against or with it, i simply train for me. Im with Ruck on this one, to each his own, peds simply provide faster recovery etc. Its up to the individual. People will do what they need to break records, the limits of natural human potential have been met, we want broken records....... then stop bitchin and accept drug use, no if, ands or buts for anyone who undertsands human anatomy and physical potential. The natural limit was met quite a long time ago. If you dont believe it your delusional, buckets of pseudo science cannot change fact. Sorry, the highest level of athleticism requires performance enhancing drugs.

• Like 3

Arnold said that regardless of taking steroids you still have to work hard. Im in no way defending juice though I agree its cheating and in most cases stealing from natural competitors

• Like 1

For the record I dont care if he is on or not. Just like it didn't bother me when I heard about Armstrong. If you want to be the best sometimes you have to level the playing field. Such is sports. What you put in your body is your business.

this x10000000000 if this is your career and how you feed your family, you need to do what ever it takes. I look down on no one for juicing or blood doping. their body their consequences. plus i dont sign their paychecks and they dont have to answer to me.

Arnold said that regardless of taking steroids you still have to work hard. Im in no way defending juice though I agree its cheating and in most cases stealing from natural competitors

is lasik eye surgery cheating?

is training at the olympic training center cheating? (training here will raise RBC due to the elevation)

both of those give you an unfair advantage to some one that is natural. but both competitiors work their asses off for what they have. who cares how they get to top physical shape.

is training at the olympic training center cheating? (training here will raise RBC due to the elevation)

both of those give you an unfair advantage to some one that is natural. but both competitiors work their asses off for what they have. who cares how they get to top physical shape.

Never heard of anyone squatting over 400 kilos due to eye surgery or training in high altitudes.

Never heard of anyone squatting over 400 kilos due to eye surgery or training in high altitudes.

lol not exactly what i meant, but i see what you mean. this was more for golf and endurance sports.

I've gone to the gym in South Africa for 6 weeks and its roughly 2000m above sea level and its a lot harder, get out of breath really easy even walking up the stairs is a workout :D

Also, genetic manipulation is upon us already.

This. While we all sit at our computers arguing over what drugs are doing to people, we are sipping our artificial protein shakes, eating pesticide drenched fruit, or for the "dirty" bulkers, a burger from McDonald's, where they have to pay cost of building operations, pay their workers, pay costs of advertising, buy materials and supplies, and STILL make a profit by charging 99 cents for a hamburger. What quality hamburger are you eating that can still yield them a profit with all that overhead?

I'm not worried about the needle Joe Schmo is putting into his buttcheek, I'm worried about the regular, "harmless" food I'm putting into my mouth.

We let this run a bit. But, in reality we have this rule: 4. We do not talk about performance enhancing drugs on the GripBoard.

So, let's shut down the drug talk now. Thanks.

• Like 2

This. While we all sit at our computers arguing over what drugs are doing to people, we are sipping our artificial protein shakes, eating pesticide drenched fruit, or for the "dirty" bulkers, a burger from McDonald's, where they have to pay cost of building operations, pay their workers, pay costs of advertising, buy materials and supplies, and STILL make a profit by charging 99 cents for a hamburger. What quality hamburger are you eating that can still yield them a profit with all that overhead?

I'm not worried about the needle Joe Schmo is putting into his buttcheek, I'm worried about the regular, "harmless" food I'm putting into my mouth.

So cause you're eating clean healthy foods free from GMO and pesticides you cant have an opinion about drug use?

So cause you're eating clean healthy foods free from GMO and pesticides you cant have an opinion about drug use?

Of course not, all I'm saying is if only we were as passionate about what we eat as we seem to be about drug use, we may be in better shape. People are dying in their 30s more than ever now, and it has absolutely nothing to do with drugs

• Like 1

I find it odd that we can freely post videos on this forum of freaks yet we cannot discuss steriods? Whatever...I guess those are the perks of being the king.

I find it odd that we can freely post videos on this forum of freaks yet we cannot discuss steriods? Whatever...I guess those are the perks of being the king.

Its good to be the king :cool

Of course not, all I'm saying is if only we were as passionate about what we eat as we seem to be about drug use, we may be in better shape. People are dying in their 30s more than ever now, and it has absolutely nothing to do with drugs

Actually I'm talking not about food, but about genetic manipulation of human beings. Its already happening. Soon super athletes will be created by messing with their genes, either before birth or after. :blink

• Like 1

The rule has been in place for 11 years Rick. Nothing new. Probably 12 years. It was decided a long time ago there are plenty of other places to talk about drugs and debate them as well. Today, it's more than a few places.

And, there has been plenty of discussion actually that was let go by the mods in this thread. And, the thread was oh so typical as well. Ground hog day the movie comes to mind. :)

• Like 2

In case you havent noticed, most of the threads on this board the last 3 to 5 years have been Groundhog Dayish...

You'd be surprised. I squatted 800 drug free at 235. No it wasnt done in a meet due to getting colitis a week out and losing massive amounts of weight from my bottom hole!! If I drugged and went super heavyweight I think I could have hit a grand+. I would be dead right now but still...

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Rick, what was your best Powerlifting meet total? Reason I am curious is that is now my son's gig...

2007 IPA Worlds.

725 squat

325 bench

675 deadlift

@ 217 and clean.

Please keep in mind I wore a pair of double ply METAL briefs under a double ply METAL suit with METAL knee wraps.

And it was actually a 350 bench...

When I hit 800 in the gym I was a bloated 235 to 240, and wore the same briefs with a METAL ACE squat suit. I was hitting around 600 raw off a below parallel box at that time and 700 off the box in briefs only. My diet consisted of 8 to 10 protein shakes a day with ice cream, cellmass 4 times a day, 20 grams bcaas 4 times a day, plus regular meals. Also extreme coffee pre workout with a double dose of noxplode. All legal.