Volume Training

Rick Walker

Who does volume training for their body workouts (not grip) and how much do you do? Results seen? How do you space out your workouts? What muscle groups do you train together?

I generally train low volume singles for isotonic work, but train heavy isometrics for high volume work in multiple positions[this is a type of volume work]. I'm not a large guy, but for strength I've seen pretty big increases in short periods of time.

I find volume periods really help condition, heal, and prep me for strength phases. I'm only doing about a 16 week strength phase per year now and tend to feel a lot better and recover well.

I have been training strictly high volume since the beginning of October to reduce the pressure and strain of heavy weights. Been doing 10x10 super setting 2 bodyparts followed by 1 set of 100 with lighter weight for each bodypart to finish it off. I have been noticing some interesting things. More later when I have a solid 3 or 4 months in but I have added 1/2" on my arms alone already...

• Like 2

I have been training strictly high volume since the beginning of October to reduce the pressure and strain of heavy weights. Been doing 10x10 super setting 2 bodyparts followed by 1 set of 100 with lighter weight for each bodypart to finish it off. I have been noticing some interesting things. More later when I have a solid 3 or 4 months in but I have added 1/2" on my arms alone already...

Have you considered rotating between volume blocks and intensity blocks?

No. Trying to avoid weights that I cannot get at least 10 with to keep from straining too much.