Gripmas 2015

climber511

Yes, sorry it took so long to confirm. I plan on making it there. Work has been a demand. 60+ hours 6 days a week minimum last 9 weeks hasn't given me any room to train so we will see how things go. Looking forward to seeing everyone !

Really happy to see you're coming out KODY. that's awesome!!.. See down there brother!!
Thanks Jake !! Cya there man !!

I think it will get interesting for Jedd, Kody, and Andrew...they are above my league right now!

*On a side note I have a few Wrist Wrench replicas for sale...both PVC and Steel and have 2.375" (PVC and Steel), and 2" (galvanized) if anyone is interested. Also there will be two added into the awards (have not decided for what yet).

I think it will get interesting for Jedd, Kody, and Andrew...they are above my league right now!

*On a side note I have a few Wrist Wrench replicas for sale...both PVC and Steel and have 2.375" (PVC and Steel), and 2" (galvanized) if anyone is interested. Also there will be two added into the awards (have not decided for what yet).

Luke - I think Jake is about ready to step up with Jedd - Andrew, and Kody - he's getting there. I'm hoping you don't bury me too badly - my axle is down so far - I know I'm in trouble. You be so far ahead after the ISG event I'll never catch up - looking for a good battle between us. :)

Luke has also kindly offered a 2" and 2 3/8" Wrist Wrench as prizes! Kody is also sponsoring but I don't know with what.

• Like 1

Aaron is now also a sponsor - Thanks! I also have a really cool new score sheet he came up with for us to use!

Everyone please drive safe - see you in the morning. If anyone wants to stop down this evening just to visit, feel free to do so.

Good luck everyone!

An awesome contest followed by an unreal after show - like WOW! Tons of BW pinches done - a couple new WRs - strong performances by quite a few people - and did I mention the after show was really really crazy? :)

And Bob Sundin may be the best pound for pound pincher on the planet.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 4

Overall Scores:

1) Jedd Johnson - 37.704

2) Kody Burns - 36.630

3) Andrew Durniat - 36.223

4) Jake Sahlaney - 32.322

5) Lucas Raymond - 31.281

6) Chris Rice - 29.461

7) Josh Henze - 27.638

8) Nathanial Brous - 24.645

9) Andrew Pantke - 24.550

10) Bob Sundin - 23.260

11) Josh Koenig -23.064

12) Jor-el Koenig - 19.291

13) Anthony Clarino - 19.085

14) Nick Applegate - 17.247

15) Barrett Henze - 16.749

16) Chris Andrade - 16.045

17) Rich Cottrell - 14.047

Weight Class Results:

120kg+

1) Nathanial Brous

120kg

1) Jedd Johnson

2) Jake Sahlaney

105kg

1) Andrew Durniat

2) Josh Henze

3) Andrew Pantke

4) Chris Andrade

93kg

1) Kody Burns

2) Lucas Raymond

3) Chris Rice

4) Nick Applegate

5) Barrett Henze

83kg

1) Bob Sundin

2) Anthony Clarino

3) Rich Cottrell

74kg

1) Josh Koenig

66kg

1) Jor-el Koenig

• Like 1

Event #1 - ISG

1) Kody Burns - 303.000

2) Andrew Durniat - 297.740

3) Jedd Johnson - 284.580

4) Jake Sahlaney - 253.880

5) Nathanial Brous -253.880

6) Lucas Raymond - 252.980

7) Chris Rice - 239.820

8) Josh Koenig - 235.450

9) Bob Sundin - 228.400

10) Andrew Pantke - 227.540

11) Josh Henze - 218.740

12) Jor-el Koenig - 202.960

13) Anthony Clarino - 190.690

14) Nick Applegate - 161.750

15) Rich Cottrell - 137.130

16) Chris Andrade - 130.150

17) Barrett Henze - 113.480

Event #2 - 2HP

1) Kody Burns - 274.80 (absolute WR)

2) Jedd Johnson - 261.29

3) Jake Sahlaney - 241.29

4) Andrew Durniat - 235.52

5) Bob Sundin - 221.52 (83kg WR)

6) Chris Rice - 219.85

7) Lucas Raymond - 219.85

8) Josh Henze - 216.52

9) Andrew Pantke - 199.85

10) Josh Koenig - 170.52

11) Nathanial Brous - 162.89

12) Jor-el Koenig - 160.52

13) Barrett Henze - 159.85

14) Nick Applegate - 139.85

15) Anthony Clarino - 139.85

16) Chris Andrade - 139.60

17) Rich Cottrell - 128.73

Event #3 - DO Axle

1) Andrew Durniat - 442.36

2) Jedd Johnson - 389.45

3) Kody Burns - 389.45

4) Jake Sahlaney - 363.00

5) Lucas Raymond - 343.16

5) Josh Henze - 343.16

7) Chris Rice - 329.93

8) Andrew Pantke - 316.70

9) Nathanial Brous - 303.47

10) Josh Koenig - 277.02

11) Anthony Clarino - 263.79

12) Jor-el Koenig - 250.56

12) Barrett Henze - 250.56

13) Nick Applegate - 243.95

14) Chris Andrade - 237.33

15) Bob Sundin - 204.27

15) Rich Cottrell - 204.27

Another absolutely insane pinch lift performance by Kody! He is light years ahead of everyone else in the 2HP pound-for-pound.

Great to see Bob getting a fantastic result in the 2HP, to add to his 1HP WR! King of the Euro pinch allround in the 83k class. Especially pleased to see him succeed as he is an 'older' lifter like myself. All that inch training seems to have done wonders for his allround strength.

Mr 'allround grip strength' has done it again. Quite a few can beat Jedd in an individual event but extremely few ever does it allround, which is where it really counts.

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 1

Event #4 - Medley (50 possible points)

1) Jedd Johnson - 46

2) Kody Burns - 36

2) Andrew Durniat - 36

3) Lucas Raymond - 33

4) Jake Sahlaney - 32

5) Chris Rice - 28

6) Josh Henze - 22

7) Nathanial Brous - 16

8) Bob Sundin - 14

9) Josh Koenig - 13

10) Andrew Pantke - 12

11) Anthony Clarino - 8

12) Barrett Henze - 7

13) Nick Applegate - 6

13) Chris Andrade - 6

14) Jor-el Koenig - 5

15) Rich Cottrell - 1

Forgot to give praise to Andrew. Not only is he totally dominant in the axle deadlift but his lifts are also very strict.

• Like 1

Great numbers! Congrats to all competitors especially Jedd, Kody, Andrew and Bob.

• Like 1

CONGRATS to the Winners!

I don't remember who told me but several years ago here on the GB I was told we wouldn't see a #275 2H Euro Pinch. Well done Kody!!! :bow Keep on proving to the naysayers that the human potential for Grip is not at a stand still! :)

Same for Bob Sundin! Amazing Pinch Strength!!! Human Vice Grip!!! :bow

Congrats to Jedd Johnson! :bow If you're going to beat Jedd at a Grip Contest you better bring your Medley A-Game!

Consistently winning Grip Contests is an amazing feat in and of itself!

• Like 1

Another absolutely insane pinch lift performance by Kody! He is light years ahead of everyone else in the 2HP pound-for-pound.

Great to see Bob getting a fantastic result in the 2HP, to add to his 1HP WR! King of the Euro pinch allround in the 83k class. Especially pleased to see him succeed as he is an 'older' lifter like myself. All that inch training seems to have done wonders for his allround strength.

Mr 'allround grip strength' has done it again. Quite a few can beat Jedd in an individual event but extremely few ever does it allround, which is where it really counts.

After Kody set the new 2HP record Jedd tried to take it back but couldn't quite manage it.

Bob Sundin had a fantastic performance - and at 55 somehow manages to just keep getting better every year..

This years Medley would have been classified as "impossible" just a few years ago. World Class grip feat after world class grip feat just laying there in a row. Out of a total of 50 possible points - Jedd got 48 I think. It was really special to watch - it was a contest all by itself - and as Mikael said show Jedd's all around dominance of the sport.

• Like 1

Many thanks to Chris Rice for hosting another amazing event(with an unforgiving medley)! A big shout out to Sean R., Nick R., and Brent B. who gave their time to judge, change weights, and keep score. Thanks to A. Durniat for posting the scores up so quickly.

• Like 3

Wow, some incredible performances!! Congrats to Kody and Bob for two new WRs, and also to Jedd for the win!! Gripmas seems to be one of those contests where, year after year, PR after PR is set. I think being around Chris Rice might have something to do with it! Congrats everybody, wish I coulda been up there!

• Like 1

Congrats to all. Impressed by Andrew's performance as I have been following his outdoor adventures lately. I am thinking he hasnt had a lot of time to train grip taking pics of the amazing views from his tent!

• Like 1

What a fantastic event! I wish I could have been there!

Talk about a year of domination for Jedd! He won the NAGS Championship, King Kong, and Gripmas! Well done!

• Like 5

Congrats to all involved, special salute to the outstanding performers in Coach jedd, bob and kody. I hope when I'm Chris and bobs age I can pinch a paper plate.

• Like 1

Congrats to all!! Big numbers all across the board!

• Like 1

First off I want to give a big thanks to Chris and Teresa for letting us all into their home and putting on a hell of an event. Thank you to all who loaded, judged, and kept score.

So much impressive stuff to be seen yesterday, but what really is the most impressive to me is that the grip guys continue to be a great group of gentlemen and the nicest you can ever meet. Great job to all on a strong display across the board yesterday!

• Like 5