Gripmas 2015

climber511

Anyone else have their application sent in, just in transit?

No Luke for this one?

No Luke for this one?

He's been hunting a ot, so he hasn't been on the board much, but I let him know about the deadline. He'll be there.

I know Andrew said he'd be there as well.

• Like 1

EJ is trying to come but is starting a new job and isn't positive yet - got my fingers crossed he can make it. Nick Rosendaul will be here for sure but may or may not compete - if not he said he'll judge for us.

• Like 4

In the mail today!

• Like 2

I'll be there Already have the day off work and a room booked. Look forward to seeing everyon there!!

Haven't heard anything yet - you gonna make it? Someone has to give Jedd and Andrew a run for things :)

I'd love to make it up this year.

Come on - get that entry form in!!!

• Like 1

I sent it out this past Saturday. Hopefully it shows up in the mail any time now.. I'll be there 100%

I sent it out this past Saturday. Hopefully it shows up in the mail any time now.. I'll be there 100%

WOOOOOOH!

Gripmas Paid

Nathaniel Brous

Rich Cottrell

Josh Henze

Barrett Henze

Anthony Clarino

Jedd Johnson

Andrew Pantke

Jake Sahlaney

Gripmas Paid

Nathaniel Brous

Rich Cottrell

Josh Henze

Barrett Henze

Anthony Clarino

Jedd Johnson

Andrew Pantke

Jake Sahlaney

Josh Koenig.
Jor-el Koenig

This first group will be a heavy and light option – so there will be a “light” 3/8” pinch and a “heavy” 3/8” pinch etc. All of these will not be included in the Medley but this might give those people who have never been to Gripmas an idea of what the Medley will look like. Not sure yet on the time I will allow either yet.

3/8" Thin Pinch

Key Pinch

Anvil by the Tail

Scale Weights 50#

3x25# Standard Plates w/pipe

Lighter Blob

10# plates pinch

2 - 35# Plates

Gracie DB

Slim Sledge

Sledge to head

Inner Rotation - Sledge

Outer Rotation - Sledge

Tips Tester

Reverse Bend 60d

3/8" Sq Braced Bend

Saxon Bar

The below will only be single option.

Climber 1" Pinch

Tractor Weight

Broom Walk

Wrist Roller Lift

Climber 2" Pinch

Spike V bar lift

So cool! Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Gripmas Paid

Chris Rice

Nathaniel Brous

Rich Cottrell

Josh Henze

Barrett Henze

Anthony Clarino

Jedd Johnson

Andrew Pantke

Jake Sahlaney

Josh Koenig.
Jor-el Koenig

Bob Sundin

There are a few in the mail so it looks like a real nice sized group. Gonna be fun fun fun!

Edited by climber511
  • Like 1

Since the bends are in the light&heavy part of the medley are we going to have two different nails and pieces of 3/8 sqr to choose from?

Since the bends are in the light&heavy part of the medley are we going to have two different nails and pieces of 3/8 sqr to choose from?

Yes

Reverse easy is a 60d nail - this batch seems about average for those. Reverse Hard is going to be a 1/4" sq x 7". This bar seems to be maybe just a bit over a G5 bolt and well below a G8 or Red Nail. 40 degrees to be finished as usual.

Easy Braced is 3/8" sq x 14" -- Hard is 3/8" sq x 12". Legs have to end up sort of parallel to finish. This bar seems about average for 3/8" hot roll.

Wow! Looks like Gripmas will have a great turn out this year.. I look forward to seeing everyone soon.. And I can't wait for the medley.

I will bring the two 25kg calibrated cast iron Leoko plates for you guys to lift.

Could someone please bring 3x15kg calibrated cast iron plates for me to try, if available/possible? Also, if someone has 2x25kg calibrated cast iron Eleiko or Ivanko plates, it would be cool to compare the different brands.

I almost always enjoy the after-contest feats more than the contests, if I'm not totally wiped-out by the contest itself.

• Like 1

I will bring the two 25kg calibrated cast iron Leoko plates for you guys to lift.

Could someone please bring 3x15kg calibrated cast iron plates for me to try, if available/possible? Also, if someone has 2x25kg calibrated cast iron Eleiko or Ivanko plates, it would be cool to compare the different brands.

I almost always enjoy the after-contest feats more than the contests, if I'm not totally wiped-out by the contest itself.

Awesome!! I really want to try the two 25kg discs.. See you soon Bob!

Thanks Bob. As promised, I will bring the narrow half 120 hex block. I will get a picture to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Thanks Bob. As promised, I will bring the narrow half 120 hex block. I will get a picture to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Thanks Jedd, sounds like fun to try!

Didn't you mention something once about having 25kg plates (they might have been loaded on a sled or something), or are they bumper plates?

Gripmas Paid

Chris Rice

Nathaniel Brous

Rich Cottrell

Josh Henze

Barrett Henze

Anthony Clarino

Jedd Johnson

Andrew Pantke

Jake Sahlaney

Josh Koenig.
Jor-el Koenig