Looks to be at least 6 competitors at this point

Aaron Corcorran

Martin Braun

Martin's son

Stephen Haessler

Emiliano Lake-Herrera

BenjaminBoy from the gripboard

a few other maybe's

There may be others as I feel like I'm missing someone. If you think you should be on this list let me know.

I may be short on chairs with spectators, etc. If you have a folding chair please bring it. Don't forget snacks and water competitors. We may send my wife out to grab lunch for us so if you want in on that cash helps too since this event will not have the typical entry fee to cover that stuff. Getting closer! You Ready?!

- Aaron

Ok, going to do the scoresheet as a google doc. Lots of automations built in so you can see realtime scoring and placing if you like. There are different sheets at the bottom for each event and overall.

Available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_DvqcMMfbPTPJ7838eMTH4a9gGQhCl4kWxUwdbx5HeA/edit?usp=sharing

We should be starting at around 10:30am MST or 1:30pm EST.

- Aaron

Edit: Google drive having some issues at the moment and inaccessible. If it is still having trouble tomorrow I have this in excel spreadsheet as well and we can do it offline and enter into the google docs shared one post comp when it is available.

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

We finished up a while ago. Top 3 was

1st - Aaron

2nd - Jedd

3rd - Martin

Google docs spreadsheet above up to date with successful attempts and final placing. Does not have missed attempts. Lots of feats done after and much fun was had. Very close between Jedd and myself on every event.

• Like 4

Folks,

I can't tell you what a surprise it was to see Jedd there! We had been busting his balls for weeks about flying out for the comp, so to see him in Aaron's workshop when my Son and I came through the door was truly awesome!

Firstly, thanks to Jedd for sponsoring the prizes that my Son and I received. Jedd does so much for this sport, and when I am able I try to take advantage of his services & products. I encourage others to do so as well.

This comp was truly a "Dual in the Dessert" between Jedd and Aaron. Watching them go back and forth between attempts, strategizing and risk taking was very entertaining and informative as well. I knew Aaron was back to health, and training hard for this comp, so there was no way I was going to give him any competition. So having Jedd show up pushed Aaron more than I think he might have gone otherwise.

There were a number of folks from the Tucson area that showed up and participated. Whether they had been training grip or not, it was good to see familiar faces. We also had Ben show up and compete in his first comp. He did great for a first comp!

Due to personal reasons, I quite frankly expected to have a subpar performance, but in spite of the adversity I was still able to post PRs on all three events. So that was the 2nd unexpected surprise and I'm grateful for the camaraderie and support from the other participants!

We had a hell of a lot of fun with "hold my beer feats"! Jedd has some great stuff on video! I think we will keep the gripboard feat polling pretty busy over the next number of weeks.

Lastly, a thank you has to go out to Aaron's wife Heidi and family who very gracious for having us at their place and providing food. My Son and I had a chance to stay a bit afterwards, play with their daughters and dog, and have a bite to eat before we got on the road.

• Like 5

"Dual in the Dessert"

Meant Desert. :sorcerer: There was no contention over the doughnuts.

First I like to say thanks again to Aaron for hosting the event and thanks to Aaron's wife for the good food. And what a blast/humbling it was Competing for the first time with everyone, and what a show it was watching Aaron and Jedd battle it out for first. Now time to start busting my butt on thick bar to out do my self next time!

• Like 1

Ben, I forgot to ask you - where in AZ do you live?

I love the group pic. Sounds like a good time was had by all! Congrats on the win, Aaron! I look forward to hearing about some of the specifics.

• Like 2

Folks,

I can't tell you what a surprise it was to see Jedd there! We had been busting his balls for weeks about flying out for the comp, so to see him in Aaron's workshop when my Son and I came through the door was truly awesome!

Firstly, thanks to Jedd for sponsoring the prizes that my Son and I received. Jedd does so much for this sport, and when I am able I try to take advantage of his services & products. I encourage others to do so as well.

This comp was truly a "Dual in the Dessert" between Jedd and Aaron. Watching them go back and forth between attempts, strategizing and risk taking was very entertaining and informative as well. I knew Aaron was back to health, and training hard for this comp, so there was no way I was going to give him any competition. So having Jedd show up pushed Aaron more than I think he might have gone otherwise.

There were a number of folks from the Tucson area that showed up and participated. Whether they had been training grip or not, it was good to see familiar faces. We also had Ben show up and compete in his first comp. He did great for a first comp!

Due to personal reasons, I quite frankly expected to have a subpar performance, but in spite of the adversity I was still able to post PRs on all three events. So that was the 2nd unexpected surprise and I'm grateful for the camaraderie and support from the other participants!

We had a hell of a lot of fun with "hold my beer feats"! Jedd has some great stuff on video! I think we will keep the gripboard feat polling pretty busy over the next number of weeks.

Lastly, a thank you has to go out to Aaron's wife Heidi and family who very gracious for having us at their place and providing food. My Son and I had a chance to stay a bit afterwards, play with their daughters and dog, and have a bite to eat before we got on the road.

Nice job, Martin, and thank you for all your support.

Jedd

Been very busy traveling and forgot to post these...

Pinch Event:

Crusher Event:

• Like 1