2015 Griptoberfest Classic

acorn

My son wants to compete. He also wants to play with Abbey.

The only 2 grippers I have right now smaller than a trainer are the 5T I made for Joon and a sporting goods one with a foam handle. Can he do an 2HP on an empty euro?

Oh, hmmm... didn't think about the Euro. Will test tomorrow.

I had him try the crusher - he is able to lift something with that.

He can close the gripper you gave him once in a while. Would have to RGC it (although I think you already did?).

• Like 1

Seriously, if you stop by his house, it's like a grip & bending laboratory/museum. I don't know how much grip stuff you have, or how much time you have to train, but let me know if you ever want to stop by my place to train & tinker. I'm a beginner bender at best (my best so far is I have kinked a grade 5 bolt a couple years ago), and mostly do reverse style. However, I do have a lot of grip stuff, and am starting to get half decent at that. What part of the valley do you live in?

I didn't catch this yesterday. I am a little North and West of Sunnyslope. There is something massively appealing about the Reverse style. Pure brute strength.

• Like 2

Oh, hmmm... didn't think about the Euro. Will test tomorrow.

I had him try the crusher - he is able to lift something with that.

He can close the gripper you gave him once in a while. Would have to RGC it (although I think you already did?).

If I remember right Joon's 5T is about 15# RGC and the one I made for him a 7C I think was 30#. I'd have to check my notes.

- Aaron

edit: checked my notes and it was 30#

Edited by acorn

Btw, I'm just about done with the new top for the comp loading pin to allow for quick change with the crusher. Everything fabbed just need to do a couple welds, cleanup and paint. Will also have required height indicator for Crusher event.

- Aaron

• Like 1

Btw, I'm just about done with the new top for the comp loading pin to allow for quick change with the crusher. Everything fabbed just need to do a couple welds, cleanup and paint. Will also have required height indicator for Crusher event.

- Aaron

You're the man!

Seriously, if you stop by his house, it's like a grip & bending laboratory/museum. I don't know how much grip stuff you have, or how much time you have to train, but let me know if you ever want to stop by my place to train & tinker. I'm a beginner bender at best (my best so far is I have kinked a grade 5 bolt a couple years ago), and mostly do reverse style. However, I do have a lot of grip stuff, and am starting to get half decent at that. What part of the valley do you live in?

I didn't catch this yesterday. I am a little North and West of Sunnyslope. There is something massively appealing about the Reverse style. Pure brute strength.

Feel free to ping me if you ever want to stop by to train grip, etc. We can also see if Frank Becker wants to stop by as well.

Oh, and Jedd Johnson! You're gettin' on the Choppa' right?!?!?!?!

Congrats Jedd on getting invited to perform at the AOBS!!

Hmmm... well my Son couldn't lift an empty 2HP, even below 48mm. But he still wants to do 2 of the 3 events.

We can always try 44mm unloaded. No worries, it will be fun.

Edited by acorn

Aaron, can you shoot me an email? I am unable to use messages here on Grip Board, and I want to ask you a couple of questions about bending, and offer a prize for your contest winner. If not, no worries. My email is mrcnye123@gmail.com

Aaron, can you shoot me an email? I am unable to use messages here on Grip Board, and I want to ask you a couple of questions about bending, and offer a prize for your contest winner. If not, no worries. My email is mrcnye123@gmail.com

I can email you when I get into work this morning.

I can email you when I get into work this morning.

Sounds bueno.

I want to thank a couple sponsors that are sending I believe some prizes out for this comp. Not sure exactly what as it is a surprise.

Thank you Jedd Johnson of http://www.dieselcrew.com/ and also Cedric aka ZFJango for your support.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

Thanks to the sponsors!!!

• Like 1

Also heard from Zach that he is not going to be able to make it. He survived the Whole Foods layoff and has to work that day as a result. So no yummy homebrew unless someone else brings some. I was thinking of filling the ice chest with ice and picking up a 6 pack of Kiltlifter. What would you guys think about bringing some beer each to put in the there for later stages of comp and after? Would be interesting to try some different ones I think.

- Aaron

Anybody else interested in joining us and need the address? It is this Saturday.

- Aaron

Sponsorship package went on its way Monday bro. Should be there soon. Please do not open until contest time, as there's a surprise in there.

• Like 2

Sponsorship package went on its way Monday bro. Should be there soon. Please do not open until contest time, as there's a surprise in there.

Thank you Jedd! I'm sure whatever it is will elicit a big ol' Rick Flair WOOOOO.

- Aaron

• Like 2

Also heard from Zach that he is not going to be able to make it. He survived the Whole Foods layoff and has to work that day as a result. So no yummy homebrew unless someone else brings some. I was thinking of filling the ice chest with ice and picking up a 6 pack of Kiltlifter. What would you guys think about bringing some beer each to put in the there for later stages of comp and after? Would be interesting to try some different ones I think.

- Aaron

I'll bring a six pack of some Asahi beer unless you have already tried it.

- Aaron

I'll bring a six pack of some Asahi beer unless you have already tried it.

I think I have but it's been years. Bring whatever you want.

- Aaron

• Like 1