2015 National Capitol Grip Championship & Ctd Challenge

Tom Scibelli

E5nlYze.jpg

DATE/TIME:

Saturday, September 19, 2015. Weigh-in start at 9am, rules briefing at 945am, lifting start time 10am

MD/DC area (my house--PM for address if confirmed attending)

EVENTS:

We will begin the contest with the CTD Challenge (anyone is welcome to attempt this, but it is not required and will not be counted for points for the contest). I have already been in contact with IronMind to confirm the rules and everything we need to make official attempts for the CTD Challenge. Anyone wanting to try this Cert should attend!!

Immediately following CTD attempts we'll move on to the contest:

1. CCS TSGs (Will be NAGS sanctioned)

2. 1HP Euro (Will be NAGS sanctioned)

3. 2.5'' FBBC Crusher (Possibility of doing FBBC certs here)

4. Blob and Inch Medley (Various size blobs and inches loaded to an 18'' bench)

FEE:

$15.00

WEIGHT CLASS:

All NAGS weight classes will contested for NAGS standings

PRIZES:

1st-3rd for light and heavy weight classes

MORE INFO/SIGN-UP:

PM me here on the gripboard.com

• Like 11

Tom...there is no chance I'll pull 200lbs on the RT this year.

I'm not training the CCS, the 1HP, the crusher...or even blobs.

I'm pretty much just training to bend big steel.

So it should be pretty obvious that barring a catastrophic event...I'll be there bright and early Sat. Sept. 19th. :) Woot!

Looking forward to it. Anything I can bring or do to help out and make things run smooth...just tell me.

You got an email to paypal the entrance fee?

..or even blobs.

To be fair, you don't really need to train blobs toss them around little knitting cushions.

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 3

Tom...there is no chance I'll pull 200lbs on the RT this year.

I'm not training the CCS, the 1HP, the crusher...or even blobs.

I'm pretty much just training to bend big steel.

So it should be pretty obvious that barring a catastrophic event...I'll be there bright and early Sat. Sept. 19th. :) Woot!

Looking forward to it. Anything I can bring or do to help out and make things run smooth...just tell me.

You got an email to paypal the entrance fee?

Nate the only thing I'm training now is RT, sprinkled with some 1HP, so you'll be in good company.

As far as things to bring, do you have a full size inch or just the baby?

Currently the inches I have are:

Sorinex loadable boscoe bell~100lbs

Strength shop 54kg bell~118lbs

Baby inch~132.5

I'm thinking this contest will give me a reason to buy the strength shop 64kg bell lol

• Like 1

One update I found out that there is going to be an air show on the day of the contest. My house is just off of the runway of the base, so if you like seeing cool jet planes fly around, we'll have the perfect view!

• Like 2

..or even blobs.

To be fair, you don't really need to train blobs toss them around little knitting cushions.

Ha! Ten months out of grip...I can barely get my Blob50 off the ground.

Nate the only thing I'm training now is RT, sprinkled with some 1HP, so you'll be in good company.

As far as things to bring, do you have a full size inch or just the baby?

Currently the inches I have are:

Sorinex loadable boscoe bell~100lbs

Strength shop 54kg bell~118lbs

Baby inch~132.5

I'm thinking this contest will give me a reason to buy the strength shop 64kg bell lol

The INCH will be going to Chez's after this weekend for an undetermined time (while I work on the Gold).

However...if we can get him to come down, I'm sure he'll bring it.

Actually I'm kinda at a halfway point for him. He could park at my house and I could halve his driving if he wanted.

• Like 1

I'm gonna be there unless the grip gods align against me.

• Like 2

CCS grippers is really interesting. I have never seen that contested. I like the idea.

• Like 1

CCS grippers is really interesting. I have never seen that contested. I like the idea.

Thanks Chez, for some reason I thought I remembered seeing CCS as a category on gripsport.org, but now I can't find it. Jedd is reviewing now whether this can be sanctions as a NAGS event or not, so the event might change to something else so it can be sanctioned.

Cool event lineup, Tom! And I like the flyer. :)

Having CCS grippers is badass, too. The strong-on-grippers version of me from @ 2008 would totally sell a bunch of toys to attend your contest. I hope you have a big turnout! CCS grippers are a kick to the ego, but it all makes us stronger.

Cool event lineup, Tom! And I like the flyer. :)

Having CCS grippers is badass, too. The strong-on-grippers version of me from @ 2008 would totally sell a bunch of toys to attend your contest. I hope you have a big turnout! CCS grippers are a kick to the ego, but it all makes us stronger.

Thanks Ben! You're still strong, so I expect you to still make the trip!!!

We did CCS at two Global Grip Challenges. There was a lot of feedback that the CCS was too wide for smaller handed individuals, so we never held it again.

Trying to get as many people for you as possible, Big Tom!

• Like 1

Thanks Chez, for some reason I thought I remembered seeing CCS as a category on gripsport.org, but now I can't find it. Jedd is reviewing now whether this can be sanctions as a NAGS event or not, so the event might change to something else so it can be sanctioned.

CCS Grippers is a listed event for the Grip Sport Rankings on gripsport.org. I think this is a cool event since it mimics IronMind's certification set.

What is the dividing line for light and heavy weight classes?

• Like 1

CCS Grippers is a listed event for the Grip Sport Rankings on gripsport.org. I think this is a cool event since it mimics IronMind's certification set.

What is the dividing line for light and heavy weight classes?

I'm still waiting to hear the final word, but it appears that CCS will be allowed to be sanctioned, so I'll be glad to keep the event.

Right now the classes will be 83kg and below for light and 93kg and above for heavy, but if a lot of people want to come I'll make light, medium and heavy.

Still too early to tell if I'll be there, but I will try.

• Like 1

Big Tom,

After a discussion from the NAGS Committee, we have decided to sanction your 1HP and CCS Grippers event, so you are golden. Please send us the results of the comp once it is complete and we will get it added for you.

Jedd

Still too early to tell if I'll be there, but I will try.

Would be awesome to have you there EJ!

Big Tom,

After a discussion from the NAGS Committee, we have decided to sanction your 1HP and CCS Grippers event, so you are golden. Please send us the results of the comp once it is complete and we will get it added for you.

Jedd

Great news Jedd, thank you!!

Blob Medley has been established! (stayby for a final "inch" count)

MlgQZOU.jpg?1

• Like 3

Medley looks delicious so far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couple updates:

1. Update on people signed up:

Joshua Henze Nathaniel Brous Gilbert Goodman

2. Received the 2.5'' crusher with competition loading pin which we'll be using for the event, it's pretty awesome, we be trying some maxes out in the next couple days. The handle plus and loading pin and carabiner and crossbar weigh 6.33kg/14lbs

iabajMd.jpg

Will the 2HP and Crusher be scored for left and right hands or will it be best hand only?

Will the 2HP and Crusher be scored for left and right hands or will it be best hand only?

1HP and crusher and TSGs will all be best hand only.