Project Mm6

acorn

Ok, last one to catch up. This one from Weds. night.

7/8/2015

Bench (Paused on workset) - 10x 60.4Kg, 3x 80.4Kg, 3x 100.4Kg, 8x 115.4Kg, 13x 105.4Kg (touch and go)

Grippers - 10x #1.5, 4x Filed adj BBSM

LH 1x 138# #3, 0x 154# #3, 3x 138# #3 (20mm block sets), 3x 138# #3 (20mm block sets), 2x2x 138# #3 ( 20mm block sets), dropset #2x8 (20mm block sets)

RH 1x 154# #3, 1x 169# #3.5, 4x 154# #3 (20mm block sets), 3x 154# #3 (20mm block sets), 3x 154# #3 (20mm block sets), 3x 154# #3 (20mm block sets), dropset Filed adj BBSM x 7 -> N

Seated Unsupported OHP 8x 66.9 Kg

Rear weaver levers 6x 6# sledge BH

Trained on Saturday while toddler was napping, Felt pretty good. Also on 9day rotation now to get 2 full rest days between each training session. Still sore from Saturday right now. Pinched for the first time in a long time as I just wasn't wanting to train grippers.

7/11/2015

Bench (paused on workset) 10x 60.4Kg, 3x 80.4Kg, 3x 100.4Kg, 6x 125.4Kg, Dropset (touch and go reps) 12x 110.4Kg

1HP 54mm

LH - 1x 36.06Kg, 1x 36.06Kg, 1x 41.06Kg

RH - 1x 36.06Kg, 1x 41.06Kg, 1x 46.06Kg

2HP - 54mm - 3x 66.06Kg, 2x 86.06Kg, 1x 96.06Kg, 1x 101.06Kg, 1x 106.06Kg

Seated unsupported Overhead press - 6x 71.9Kg

48mm - 1x 96Kg, 3x1x 86.06Kg with Medium band over implement and hooked on feet.

Wrist pro/sup - 30" x 2" steel thickwall tubing. 20x each side.

• Like 1

Trained on Saturday while toddler was napping, Felt pretty good. Also on 9day rotation now to get 2 full rest days between each training session. Still sore from Saturday right now. Pinched for the first time in a long time as I just wasn't wanting to train grippers.

7/11/2015

Bench (paused on workset) 10x 60.4Kg, 3x 80.4Kg, 3x 100.4Kg, 6x 125.4Kg, Dropset (touch and go reps) 12x 110.4Kg

1HP 54mm

LH - 1x 36.06Kg, 1x 36.06Kg, 1x 41.06Kg

RH - 1x 36.06Kg, 1x 41.06Kg, 1x 46.06Kg

2HP - 54mm - 3x 66.06Kg, 2x 86.06Kg, 1x 96.06Kg, 1x 101.06Kg, 1x 106.06Kg

Seated unsupported Overhead press - 6x 71.9Kg

48mm - 1x 96Kg, 3x1x 86.06Kg with Medium band over implement and hooked on feet.

Wrist pro/sup - 30" x 2" steel thickwall tubing. 20x each side.

It appears from the log that I haven't done 2HP on the Euro since the last comp at the beginning of April. Have done some 1HP off and on with the last 1HP training about 6weeks ago. So pretty happy to hit this 106Kg lift on the 2HP Saturday. That's only 2Kg off what I pulled at the last comp in April and on a width much wider than my standard comp width of 48mm.

- Aaron

• Like 1

That's pretty amazing Aaron. Have you been doing any other pinch related work, or just the 1HP?

That's pretty amazing Aaron. Have you been doing any other pinch related work, or just the 1HP?

No nothing recently except sammich pinches on the way to my mouth. Haven't even done the 1HP since May. Must be getting some kinda good maintenance crossover with the other stuff I'm doing.

I might have been good for a bit more but didn't want to push it as I was already starting to get some webbing tearing since my webbing has lost its conditioning.

- Aaron

I hear you on the webbing, etc. My skin started coming apart on my thumbs last Wed (not where the corners of the plates hit but further down). I think the reps are taking their toll. Was thinking of trying Jedd's suggestion in his vid of using this gloves for volume work.

I hear you on the webbing, etc. My skin started coming apart on my thumbs last Wed (not where the corners of the plates hit but further down). I think the reps are taking their toll. Was thinking of trying Jedd's suggestion in his vid of using this gloves for volume work.

Yeah they definitely take their toll. I was thinking of making another wood pinch block like I made for my effort to get to 2x 45# plates. But this time with the appropriate radius, and thickness compared to my pinching width on the euro. Once varnished or laquered it would not need chalk to be grippy and would just keep it in my drawer at work with some heavy bands for daily grease the groove work.

• Like 1

I think a spar polyurethane varnish, left to cure in the sun for a week or so, would be perfect.

• Like 1

I think a spar polyurethane varnish, left to cure in the sun for a week or so, would be perfect.

If I get around to making one, do you want one too?

Sure. I'm always up to purchase anything you make.

Or if you want, I can knock one out the weekend following next. After all I have the bandsaw to do the circle cuts, and a planer to get it to 48mm.

• Like 1

Sure. I'm always up to purchase anything you make.

Or if you want, I can knock one out the weekend following next. After all I have the bandsaw to do the circle cuts, and a planer to get it to 48mm.

You would likely get to it before I do if you did it then. I don't have a bandsaw but I do have a 13" planer. I can't remember how I did the last one. Prolly the jigsaw with long blade and belt sander to smooth it out. Either that or using the plate as a template with the router. I was thinking something a little harder like Poplar might be nice. I think I used Redwood or Cedar for the one I have as that is what I had on hand at the time. I would prolly make one in 48mm and 54mm. 54mm is about the same as the pair of Eleiko 25Kg plates.

- Aaron

I'll have to look around the shop. I have platter blanks, but those would be expensive ;-). I think I have some maple that might work for this.

Training from last night. Grippers felt crummy from the start so when I missed rep goal on first workset I changed gears.

7/14/2015

Bench (paused on workset, Touch and Go on dropset) - 10x 60.4Kg, 3x 90.4Kg, 3x 110.4Kg, 4x 132.9Kg, dropset - 8x 120.4Kg

Grippers - #Tx10, #1.5x10, Filed adj BBSM x 5

LH 138# #3 x 2, 138# #3 x 2 1/2 (20mm blockset reps), #1.5 x 10 TNS, Filed BBSM - 35# KB Band Bouncies

RH 154# #3 x 2 (20mm block set reps), #1.5 x 20 TNS, Filed BBSM - 35# KB Band Bouncies

Seated Unsupported OHP - 4x 77.4Kg

Wrist Pro/Sup twists - 30" thickwall 2" tubing x 22 Each Hand

Forkulator Wrist curls - Extension - Empty x 25, Flexion - Empty x 30

- Aaron

• Like 2

I should play with the band bouncies again too. Maybe alternate week to week with them and strap holds.

I should play with the band bouncies again too. Maybe alternate week to week with them and strap holds.

Sounds good. They are awesome.

7/16/2015

SW Handle (Iso holds ~ 2sec each rep) - LH 85# x 20r, RH 105# x 11r

Wow! I didn't know you had a SW. I have one I bought from Rich, but haven't incorporated it into my training yet.

Or is that your secret, SW you are referring to?

Wow! I didn't know you had a SW. I have one I bought from Rich, but haven't incorporated it into my training yet.

Or is that your secret, SW you are referring to?

Not a regular one. Sold that years ago. This is a custom item I made at least 5 years ago to work with just a loading ping and not mounted to anything. Pulled it out of mothballs for a bit after looking through some of my old training logs yesterday. Here is a pic.

post-9402-0-83088200-1437148903_thumb.jp

Training from Friday. Went off plan a little on the Bench / OHP and did a couple sets of 2 instead of 8rep. Pinch went well also. Decided over the weekend to take 3 weeks off due to a couple issues I have been having before they get worse. Been having some tenderness in my left pec for a few weeks in the area where I tore it a little bending a few years ago and then again later Benching in 2010 I think. Also have been having some Golfers elbow symptoms in my Right elbow area. Gonna take a bit of time off and work the active stretching / rehab stuff and see if I can these any better before I make them worse or get another pec tear.

7/17/2015

Bench (Paused on worksets) - 10x 60.4Kg, 3x 90.4Kg, 3x 120.4Kg, 2x 150.4Kg, 2x150.4Kg

2HP Euro 54mm

2x 66.06Kg, 2x 86.06Kg, 4x 3reps x 93.56Kg -> 12x 86.06Kg

Seated unsupported Overhead Press - 2x 85.4Kg

• Like 1

Training from Friday. Went off plan a little on the Bench / OHP and did a couple sets of 2 instead of 8rep. Pinch went well also. Decided over the weekend to take 3 weeks off due to a couple issues I have been having before they get worse. Been having some tenderness in my left pec for a few weeks in the area where I tore it a little bending a few years ago and then again later Benching in 2010 I think. Also have been having some Golfers elbow symptoms in my Right elbow area. Gonna take a bit of time off and work the active stretching / rehab stuff and see if I can these any better before I make them worse or get another pec tear.

7/17/2015

Bench (Paused on worksets) - 10x 60.4Kg, 3x 90.4Kg, 3x 120.4Kg, 2x 150.4Kg, 2x150.4Kg

2HP Euro 54mm

2x 66.06Kg, 2x 86.06Kg, 4x 3reps x 93.56Kg -> 12x 86.06Kg

Seated unsupported Overhead Press - 2x 85.4Kg

Actually double checking the pic of my training notes I think the Pinch drop set was 12x 66.06Kg not 86.06Kg. My handwriting was pretty bad after that.

- Aaron

• Like 1

I found light, relatively high volume, wide grip bench work to help keep my tear healthy. I think the extra blood helps keep it healing.

• Like 1

Good ol' push-ups and band work too.

Hope everything comes back around and on track again for you.

• Like 2

Met up with Tim Struse on Saturday for a workout of a different kind than I am used to and dinner at his house. Apparently he is enjoying Kickboxing these days and has training area setup at home now. I put on some gloves with him and his wife and we did some time on the free standing heavy bags. That was fun and I haven't hit anything full force in years. I managed to walk the one I was working on back and forth across the room a few times before I was totally winded. They said I was lifting the free standing bag off the ground on the uppercuts haha. Also got Tim to try some grippers I brought up to see where he is still with them after not using them in a long time. He sold all his off as far as I know not terribly long after the MM7. He was still able to get a nice triple on my Easy 138# #3 and close my 159# BBE. So definitely kept some strength on them.

- Aaron

• Like 3

a 159# BBE is no joke

• Like 2