Splitting Up Griptraining

Geralt

Ok...so here's what I am thinking about and I would really appreciate some input:

I am currently on a once per week griptrainingregime. On two other days, non executive I focus mainly on deadlift (Mon) and squats (Wed).

When doing grip, I start with grippers (dropsets, thnx Chez ;) ), then switch to open handstrength (dumbbell lifts with Fatgripz Extreme)

and then finally killing the forearms with wristcurls, and other exc. that kill the smaller muscles. In general with grippers I try not to max out every week, but working on doubles and triples.

I seem to have reached a plateau with grippers and would like to shake things a little bit up.

I recently stumbled upon some interesting info from Andrew Durniat in which he is building general gripstrength from thickbarwork, heavy wristwork and then for some weeks specializing in for instance, grippers before a competition.

I notice when doing more gripwork per week, like thickbar / lighter grippers, it just kills my gripperwork, training twice per week is too much if I would like to have one of those days to be beneficial for grippers. Or I should go much lighter on the grippers, which I think wouldn't be beneficial for gaining strength. (twice is too low for volume effect I think). Besides that, practice makes perfect and the IM cert is my current goal. So I need to practise gripperwork / CCS's.

I can ditch grippers for a while maybe and concentrate on twice per week open handstrength and assistance work, but I am so close to a fairly consistent CCS#3, that I would not like to let that slip out of my hands now. I just need some more power.

Any tips or experience are/is very much appreciated.

Edited by Geralt