"metabolic Surge" Workout

JoshW

So im getting together with a buddy of mine next week to have a go at this brutal workout which was shared on facebook by strength camp and thought we would give it a go and will post results on here when we have done it. Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think!

Cleans - 3x3(225)

DB bench - 3x6(115's)

DB rows - 3x6 (100's)

Front squat - 2x5 (225)

Deadlift - 2x5 (225)

300 meter run in between EVERY set.

You're gonna puke. And if you don't on this workout you need to push harder. This is a recipe for puking. If it was me, I'd up all the weight by 15-50 lbs and skip the running. But EJ and Mr. Cardio and not friends at all.

• Like 2

Trust me I strongly dislike cardio but we promised we would do it and it is just a one off, wont be doing it again. I could easily up the weight on all them and I hate going light like this but like I said its just a one off :grin:

When you are going back to back like that and running, that weight will not feel light at all. This is a HIITprogram, isn't it? High Intensity Intervial Training

lol yeah puke bucket is a must when doing something like this.

I personally prefer dragging a sled or pushing a prowler for "cardio" - compound exercises (bench, dead etc) even with lighter weights can have some sides because the technique is bound to get sloppy with all this running etc.

Be smart when trying this style of workout for the first time. If you are smoked by the time you hit front squats and deads you set yourself up for the potential to injure yourself. High fatigue + front squats + deads = increased risk of injury.

But then again I'm an old 40 yr old bastard!!! I break down squatting on the toilet.

Be smart when trying this style of workout for the first time. If you are smoked by the time you hit front squats and deads you set yourself up for the potential to injure yourself. High fatigue + front squats + deads = increased risk of injury.

But then again I'm an old 40 yr old bastard!!! I break down squatting on the toilet.

Although I should of mentioned if those loads are very sub max for you it's not nearly as bad. It's all relative I guess. If you can rep out those weights easily than the risk of injury is much decreased.

Most of them are waaay below my max but my legs will be like jelly most definitely. Upper body will be alright I guess the runs will split up the sets giving more rest for upper body.

Very much out of my comfort zone if I'm honest usually just bend bench and curl at the moment

When you are going back to back like that and running, that weight will not feel light at all. This is a HIITprogram, isn't it? High Intensity Intervial Training

I believe you are right it is called that or something very similar!