Is This A New Gripper?

Teemu I

Everyone knows that I'm a gripper nut. I'll definitely be giving these a try when they come out.

...actually I wouldn't be totally surprised to find out these are an IMTUG replacement.

Its hard to tell because you cant see the end of the gripper.

I am really enjoying reading these posts—shows how many details you guys are thinking about.

I will probably post some information on Zenith a little later today and in the meantime, want to thank everyone again for your interest and for all these good guesses—I think you guys are going to love this gripper . . . it's not a substitute for Captains of Crush Grippers, but rather a complement.

Good looking grippers Randy!

I realize you probably don't want me owning your grippers but as a collector I will just have to have all 3 strengths!

I've designed a TEDS gripper! Absolutely NOT kidding or being a smart a..!!!

Would you like to see the design? :tongue

I have it drawn on paper and can easily take a pic or 2 and post it here.

You seem to thrive on this name so why not name a gripper after yourself? :D

I would predict this would be your best selling gripper of ALL TIME!!!

It's one EVIL gripper!!! :devil

Oh yeah! Don't worry! I'm not interested in starting a gripper business! :)

Edited by Mighty Joe

I did have three questions:

1) I didn't understand the use of the word "digital". Does this just mean something like "digital age"? Or is it a play on words like "fingers"?

2) What is the "no surpise geometry?" The green diagnoal arrow doesn't appear to correspond with anything?

3) The copy for the spring says "designed for gradual increases in resistance, rep after rep." You're not saying the new alloy spring gets harder with use are you?

Thanks in advance! It sure looks sharp.

I bet they have revolving handles.

Darn...I liked this idea.

Id say they are a huge improvement to the IMTUGS. They are priced well too for all the extra machining involved on the torpedo shape.

• Like 1

Id say they are a huge improvement to the IMTUGS. They are priced well too for all the extra machining involved on the torpedo shape.

Agreed.

I am really enjoying reading these posts—shows how many details you guys are thinking about.

I will probably post some information on Zenith a little later today and in the meantime, want to thank everyone again for your interest and for all these good guesses—I think you guys are going to love this gripper . . . it's not a substitute for Captains of Crush Grippers, but rather a complement.

Good looking grippers Randy!

I realize you probably don't want me owning your grippers but as a collector I will just have to have all 3 strengths!

I've designed a TEDS gripper! Absolutely NOT kidding or being a smart a..!!!

Would you like to see the design? :tongue

I have it drawn on paper and can easily take a pic or 2 and post it here.

You seem to thrive on this name so why not name a gripper after yourself? :D

I would predict this would be your best selling gripper of ALL TIME!!!

It's one EVIL gripper!!! :devil

Oh yeah! Don't worry! I'm not interested in starting a gripper business! :)

The Zeniths look very nice. im sure my kids will love them too! :santa:

1) I didn't understand the use of the word "digital". Does this just mean something like "digital age"? Or is it a play on words like "fingers"?

2) What is the "no surpise geometry?" The green diagnoal arrow doesn't appear to correspond with anything?

3) The copy for the spring says "designed for gradual increases in resistance, rep after rep." You're not saying the new alloy spring gets harder with use are you?

I bet they have revolving handles.

Darn...I liked this idea.

I probably messed this up, but I wanted to try to reply to everyone, starting with a big thank you.

Thanks much, Mighty Joe—I surely don't hate you and I'm actually neither evil nor in cahoots with some Joe Kinney-conspiracy-coverup-gripper-guy-exploitation-scheme, so it's no problem that you'd like to add Zenith to your collection: I'm flattered and I think you'll like it.

Artee—your kids must have good taste!

Matt— 1) Yes, it's a double entendre, 2) it's a reference to the high degree of accuracy and consistency you'll find in IronMind grippers, including Zenith 3) no—rather, the ramp up in difficulty as you clamp down has been smoothed out.

Anwnate - Thanks much!

RichAz - Zenith, like IMTUGs, are not a substitute for CoCs, but serve different purposes and they are all designed to work together. IMTUGs are dynamite, but if you don't feel the need to specialize one/two fingers at a time or don't need a portable way to train your thumb, for example, there is no need to include them in your training program. Same with Zenith—it's designed to do things a little differently than a Captains of Crush Gripper. I think most guys don't like little grippers, so it might be hard for them to relate to IMTUGs as easily as a CoC. Wait until you see Zenith in the flesh . . .

Response to your third question. Yes i gets harder the more you play with it.

I mean each rep feels harder because you are fatiguing.

Any idea of when the #3 will release, Randy? Also, will its difficulty be the same as a CoC #3?

Really looking forward to Zenith #3!

Thank you—I think you will enjoy it and even though it does things differently than a Captains of Crush Gripper, it just might help you clinch the deal for certifying on a CoC No. 3.5.

Response to your third question. Yes i gets harder the more you play with it.

I mean each rep feels harder because you are fatiguing.

Can't argue with that one. :laugh

Any idea of when the #3 will release, Randy? Also, will its difficulty be the same as a CoC #3?

The Zenith Agility, Trainer and No. 1 will start shipping next week, and the Zenith No. 2 and No. 3 the following week.

Although the feel is different (by design), I would say the Zenith No. 3 is a little easier to close—it will be interesting to hear where guys peg it. Something like a CoC 2.7 or CoC 2.8 maybe? But the main thing is that is feels different, will work your hand in a different way, and will allow you to train differently, for different results.

IronMind's general recommendation is that guys move down one or two levels from a CoC to a Zenith—that might seem counterintuitive given what I said about the relative difficulty of closing these two grippers, but to really take advantage of what Zenith is built to do, we think this is the place to start.

So the zenith #3 won't be too far out then? I was under the impression it would be... awhile. Cool.

• 2 weeks later...

So the zenith #3 won't be too far out then? I was under the impression it would be... awhile. Cool.

I will be waiting for the 2 and 3

Guys—just as an update, we are on the shipping schedule I announced earlier, so the wait for a Zenith-2 or a Zenith-3 is almost over.

I am realizing that there are a couple of things IronMind could have done a better job of explaining about Zenith grippers and the (first related to Matt's question) is that the new spring IronMind developed for Zenith was designed for both a long life and a smooth ride: the idea is that you will feel the load building up slowly as the handles move toward each other and you will be able to enjoy this for the long haul.

Also, I would like to a add a couple of comments in terms of selecting a Zenith gripper and how they compare to Captains of Crush grippers in terms of their relative difficulty.

Our general recommendation is that you start with the Zenith gripper that is at the same level as the Captains of Crush (CoC) gripper you are using for your work sets: so if you're doing work sets with a CoC No. 1, begin with a Zenith-1, for example. Please note that the Zenith-1 will be easier to close than a CoC No. 1 and that is by design, since each gripper has a different focus, even thought they were also designed to work together seamlessly. This same Zenith-CoC pattern applies all up and down the CoC ladder.

Zenith grippers are intended to be used for things like warming up, cooling down, active rest, preh, rehab, conditioning, etc., while Captains of Crush grippers will remain your gripper of first choice for workouts designed for maximum gains in grip strength.

Of course, even if your primary focus in on being the next guy to certify on the CoC No. 4, Zenith grippers could well have a valuable place in your training program—in addition to what I mentioned above, they can be your go-to gripper on your off days (what off days, right?), and if you think easier on your hands and easier to close means wimpy, I always got a kick out of it when Dave Morton (CoC4 '03) told me that his favorite gripper was the Captains of Crush Trainer.

Please feel free to fire away with any questions or comments you might have—I'll try to answer the questions and learn from your comment.

Thanks again for your interest in Zenith gripper—it's an eyeful and wait until you see how good it feels and how well works in your hand.

RS,

Any update on when the IM website will make the 2 & 3's available for purchase?

I'm thinking that maybe IronMind should do a prize for the best guesses—not sure how we could set that up, but I'm open to suggestions.

Dr. Strossen! :santa: I have a suggestion; make a #2 or #2.5 Zenith gripper and start a cert process for that. Oh, and make a special t-shirt ONLY for those who are able to cert on it (something like, "I am the ZENITH - could you be too?"). I have lots of ideas... I just have to do some "think tank" work.

From - the village idiot :huh: of the grip world,

Sybersnott (a.k.a. John Hicks)

• 2 weeks later...

If nobody saw it yet, The Zenith 2 and 3 (Z2 and Z3) are now for sell.

If nobody saw it yet, The Zenith 2 and 3 (Z2 and Z3) are now for sell.

Thanks for the info.. I ordered Z1 already but might want to add those two to my collection also..