Chez vs The MM8: Whatever it takes

Chez

Get well soon Chez! I partly tore my left biceps 8 - 10 years back. It did ot got repaired. I still regret it.

Thanks guys. I already did a one arm upper body and tns gripper workout.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about your bicep tear! Glad you're going to focus on grippers again. All the grippers on this planet should be afraid. Very, very afraid. :sorcerer: Which bicep did you tear? You might've mentioned already. Was it your "strong arm?"

Sorry to hear about your injury. And glad you are positive and on recovery road.

What so you think happened? Not warmed up enough? I remember Chris James once tore his biceps in a comp in which he didn't warm up properly and did a big weigh like 170kg on his first attempt if I remember right.

Crush the grippers !!!

Good to hear it bro.

Thanks dude.

Sorry to hear about your bicep tear! Glad you're going to focus on grippers again. All the grippers on this planet should be afraid. Very, very afraid. :sorcerer: Which bicep did you tear? You might've mentioned already. Was it your "strong arm?"

Thanks Ben. It is my strong hand unfortunately (my right)

Sorry to hear about your injury. And glad you are positive and on recovery road.

What so you think happened? Not warmed up enough? I remember Chris James once tore his biceps in a comp in which he didn't warm up properly and did a big weigh like 170kg on his first attempt if I remember right.

Crush the grippers !!!

honestly a lot of things went wrong that day and they are all my fault. I was tired during the training session so mentally I wasnt focused. I dont train the v bar and hadn't touched it in the months leading up so my technique wasnt down. I didnt warm up much with the v bar that day. I used the supinated grip because I lift more that way but its more dangerous and I lifted it explosively. all really stupid mistakes.

This is actually my first time getting seriously injured from strength training and i'll take it as a lesson learned. to be honest I was pretty mentally messed up for a coupe days after the injury. I have always seen myself as an underdog though and i'll take this as a challenge to get back to where I was. I think my best attribute is my will power (I'm a stubborn SOB). I get to test my will once again.

• Like 2

Soft cast came off Tuesday. I wear a brace during the day. My arm is feeling much stronger today. Getting there slowly. I take lots of supplements to help me heal quicker. Been working my legs and upper body with the uninjured arm.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're recovering well; if you don't mind sharing, what supplements are you using?

Sure. I take a lot. I'll list them tonight.

tore my bicep on the v bar the week before the comp

Very sorry to here that. Hope your recovery will be speedy!

Thanks buddy.

Arm has been feeling much stronger. I didn't even wear my brace yesterday but I decided to keep it on from now on for safety. Its a pain but I have to make sure I heal correctly. My range of motion is much better than I hear from others who have the surgery on youtube also. Absolutely no pain but sleeping with brace on is uncomfortable. follow up with the doctor next tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Still healing and working around the injury. I did some TNS grippers off hand today without a weight lifting warm up to fire the CNS. Nice to know I can still TNS my lighter #3 off hand without my CNS firing.

• Like 3

First Physical Therapy Session last night. Started real slow with range of motion stuff but it was good to do something with the arm. Been babying it big time till this point.

You'll be back before u know it ...not surprised u can still wreck house on grippers...in my own limited experience it seems that my crush doesn't care much if

At all if I don't train it for a while...sometimes coming back stronger even...Really looking forward to watching you wreck the MM7...have 0% doubt that it's in the near future.

• Like 1

You'll be back before u know it ...not surprised u can still wreck house on grippers...in my own limited experience it seems that my crush doesn't care much if

At all if I don't train it for a while...sometimes coming back stronger even...Really looking forward to watching you wreck the MM7...have 0% doubt that it's in the near future.

I really appreciate that man. This was a tough break for me but I'm motivated to get back to where I once was and then go beyond. I think stepping back from competitions will help that happen faster. It was hard balancing everything with grippers.

Your welcome...i hate being limited by injuries..I'll be keeping tabs on your log...wish u the best...keep up the impressive crushing.

...Really looking forward to watching you wreck the MM7...have 0% doubt that it's in the near future.

This.

Furthermore...if you don't Cert the MM7 in the next six months...I'll eat a hat (-full of cheeseburgers).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Feeling pretty good lately. I'm almost at the half way point where the tendon will be fully healed. I'm going to start light TNS gripper workouts with the arm that has surgery.

• Like 1

Just got back from the doctor. I got the ok to stop physical therapy and hit light tns grippers with the bad arm. I was going to do it anyway, but its nice to hear it from his mouth. Also happy to stop PT since they charge a $48 copay each visit and I go twice a week. I only do stretches etc there. nothing ground breaking and I'm fairly confident I know how to strengthen my arm when the time comes. Renovations with my new place are still ongoing so saving money on these visit helps.