Pinching Breakthroughs, Finally!

jvance

Very Strong Work Jon.

It's been amazing seeing Jon's progress. With his strength abilities coupled with his attitude and his training insights, its no suprise to me to see him pulling off world class grip feats this early in his grip career. I think he's PR'd everytime he's came over to train in one area or another. Nice to see you pull off the 45's bro. I know you've been wanting that one !

• Like 1

You've quickly reached a level of hand strength that most never get to, Congratulations Jon!

thank you guys for the kind words... huge thanks Kody for all the mentoring - especially with the pinch (which until this point was a struggle of mine)... without your expertise, i don't think i'd be anywhere close to where i am

• Like 1

Very nice dude. Strong pinching.

Thanks Mike

How did you train for this broski?

Lots of different widths and angles.. Honestly, my pinch was a huge weakness till i got my own euro this summer... i just love experimenting with the thing - i never just lift it in a workout... i do all kinds of things with hand positioning too... i just now think i've figured out my own way of gripping the surface

Also, getting to train with the reigning king of pinch Kody Burns helps a lot too.. the guy is just an encyclopedia of grip knowledge and its crazy to see the things he does so easily

Welcome to the Hundo Club! Nice!

Thanks Richard!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

More pinch breakthroughs today... all the brutal volume training is paying dividends!!

Bodyweight: 192.4

Left hand 1hp: 93.2 PR (.48 of BW lift)

Right right 1hp: 102.0 PR (.53 of BW lift)

2hp: 207.6 (1.07 of BW lift) ------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3WXyjlMTkk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUIrFUbMC07Ui9wDvFvYFYYw

2hp: 208.8 (soo close!):------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR7J_Uo1vFQ&list=UUIrFUbMC07Ui9wDvFvYFYYw

Edited by jvance
  • Like 4

Nice work Jon! 2-45s is a milestone for sure!!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you do at Gripmas!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you do at Gripmas!!!

Thanks Chris! Should be a lot of fun, can't wait

Basically angling the hand inward on the setup and then straightening the hand to the conventional pinch set up. This seems to help the skin make maximum contact with the steel. Watch how I set up one the first 1hp video at the the beginning of this thread. I set my thumb first then bring the fingers downward in order. Everything is deliberate and meticulous. No nose tork on my pinch lifting, it's a very mentally involved lift with complex mechanics. I get my best pulls when I'm calm and relaxed.