Great Conditioning Workout

PeterSweden

14:00 flat.

Weigh around 208. 36 years old...will be 37 this year. Wore the Bas Rutan O2 Trainer with the #2 attachment. I wont say it was easy but compared to our usual conditioning drills it wasnt bad.

Wife did it in 15:45.

• Like 1

Cool!

As soon as my health is back to normal I wil hunt your record down :)

The wife and I do a ton of T-25 which is very squat and lunge heavy so my legs are used to the squats. I also do a lot of 1 minute runs, rest 15 seconds, 30 seconds of pushups, rest 15 seconds and back to the run. We will do this 10 or 15 times through and I never do less then 20 pushups towards the end.

A good 4 am workout is the 500 workout. 10 sets of 10 reps burpees, 10 reps squat jacks, 10 sprint starts each leg, 10 reps dot drill, 10 reps squat jump repeat it all for 10 sets or 500 total reps. I have completed this in 18 minutes.

Also, to help the push-ups, I will do 40 sets of 20 seconds on the heavy bag shooting for no less than 40 strikes, 10 seconds rest, 20 seconds push-ups or dips, 10 seconds rest, back to the heavy bag. This destroys the arms.

• Like 1

Im thinking I might start doing this stuff more often too.

Do you have more workouts like this?

Is there some book with tips on workouts like these or do you put them together yourself?

I used to do a lot of kettlebell snatch workouts, but they do tend to hammer the grip and interfere with recovery. Not to mention it wrecks my sinuses.

Started pulling a sled for conditioning, but it's not the same as the snatches.

I'll have to give this a try once my knee gets looked at, etc.

btw - convict conditioning is a book on body weight strength building. I don't think it has conditioning workouts per se in it, but I could be wrong.

Most of my conditioning work is done at 4 am with my weight training at around 6 pm. Basically I just look on the internet for a good conditioning workout the night before or I make my own. I always try to embrace the suck factor so I look for workouts that I know I cant possibly finish without redlining and then I finish them!

I aim for 20 to 25 minutes max and go as hard as I can with minimal rest.

• Like 1

Yeah I started doing these when Rindo was doing them and by starting with 20 pushups and 1 BW squat I was able to finish the whole set in 10:24 as my best; doing it with 20 squats and 1 pushup start my best was 13:20 which I only did 2x since I then figured out that the other way was easier as 20 BW squats are easier when your fatigued versus 20 pushups! I haven't done these in about 5 months tho.

• Like 1

I call it the Blackjack (21) workout and you can pair it with any two exercises. One day we thought it would be a good idea to do strict pullups and pushups, lets just say 42 minutes later when we finished I was exhausted (pullups suck). But another day we did 50 lbs KB swings and 2 hand slams on heavy ropes which was fun.

• Like 1

Todays fun:

1 minute 15 second run (15 secs added for the treadmill to catch up to speed), 15 sec rest, 30 seconds of dips or push-ups, 15 sec rest, back to run.

Did all runs at 8 mph. Finished with 170 push ups (40, 40, 30, 30, 30) and 85 dips (20, 20, 15, 15, 15). Wore the Bas Rutten O2 trainer with the #3 attachment.