Worst Back Workout Ever

CANCRUSHER

and straps löl

• Like 3

Well, you sure made friends with that commentary :grin: LOL

The straps ARE funny indeed.

He doesn't want to hurt himself thats why he uses weights my teenage sister could deadlift for reps with awful technique also.

Noone is going to make significant progress doing weight like that. I find it funny he got super defensive to your comment also.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Hell, I wish I was that ripped.... I'd be embarrassed to use straps with that

Edited by jvance

Gloves :D:D:tongue:laugh

Ofcourse! Dude cant have calluses when he strokes his boyfriend!

• Like 1

I think you guys are over-reacting on this one. I would definitely not call that one the worst back workout ever. The dude explains in the video that he's not a powerlifter, so he probably couldn't care less about how much he deadlifts. His form on the deadlift could use some work yes, but it was still better than 80% of all the other deadlifts on youtube. I mean, I've seen some pretty horrible deadlifts from some of us grip and steel bending guys, and yet they receive no criticism for it. Seems like criticism is best earned by association, he's a bodybuilder and therefor we criticize him.

• Like 1

I think you guys are over-reacting on this one. I would definitely not call that one the worst back workout ever. The dude explains in the video that he's not a powerlifter, so he probably couldn't care less about how much he deadlifts. His form on the deadlift could use some work yes, but it was still better than 80% of all the other deadlifts on youtube. I mean, I've seen some pretty horrible deadlifts from some of us grip and steel bending guys, and yet they receive no criticism for it. Seems like criticism is best earned by association, he's a bodybuilder and therefor we criticize him.

I agree, its just all in good fun, for me atleast

You have to laugh or life will suck, hard! :)

• Like 1

I agree, its just all in good fun, for me atleast

You have to laugh or life will suck, hard! :)

Well, I laughed pretty good at your joke in post #9 :grin: . I agree that using lifting gloves/strap/pad or whatever you call those things he had to protect his hands, is perhaps unnecessary considering that he's using pretty modest weights in his training. But if he doesn't care about grip strength, then why shouldn't he use straps? even with light weights.

• Like 1

This is a pretty prototypical bodybuilding style routine. I trained like this when I was in high school and didn't know any better, I thought Flex magazine was the source of all things weight-related...HA!...then I found Super Squats by our favorite DR., and actually started getting big and strong. Then I graduated to Wendler 531, etc, etc. However, the guy in the video's only goal is likely to be big and ripped, not strong, so at least the ripped part is working for him. If he is getting the results he wants and is happy with them then who am I to critique this guy. I'm just some grip dude on the internet!

• Like 1

I disagree to some extent. Actual bodybuilders are pretty effing strong. And, they squat. This guy is a "physique competitor" and probably an Abercrombie model.

I have seen pictures of Arnold with a 700# DL, and Ronnie Coleman, despite probably needing help to wipe his own butt, has like an 800+# squat.

The problem I have with this guy, is just because nature has gifted you with the genetics to look like this, it doesn't mean you should be teaching other people. Most men could work out for years with this guys technique and never see this kind of results in form or function. So I guess I would say he is perpetuating unhealthy male stereotypes. Real men have traps :cool

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 1

I disagree to some extent. Actual bodybuilders are pretty effing strong. And, they squat. This guy is a "physique competitor" and probably an Abercrombie model.

I have seen pictures of Arnold with a 700# DL, and Ronnie Coleman, despite probably needing help to wipe his own butt, has like an 800+# squat.

The problem I have with this guy, is just because nature has gifted you with the genetics to look like this, it doesn't mean you should be teaching other people. Most men could work out for years with this guys technique and never see this kind of results in form or function. So I guess I would say he is perpetuating unhealthy male stereotypes. Real men have traps :cool

I agree most top bodybuilders are reasonably strong, however its not because they do a bodybuilding routine. The sad truth is that the sport of bodybuilding wouldn't even exist without the invention use and subsequent abuse of certain chemical compounds, and there in lies the source of many of their above average strength. My problem is the dissemination of these types of routines that yield results only to elite genetic responders, or the chemically enhanced. I'm pretty sure most of us on this site know better, but the kids who are reading muscle magazines and watching YouTube are being done a great disservice (I'n my opinion).

My problem is the dissemination of these types of routines that yield results only to elite genetic responders, or the chemically enhanced. I'm pretty sure most of us on this site know better, but the kids who are reading muscle magazines and watching YouTube are being done a great disservice (I'n my opinion).

Exactly. Personally I wasted 2.5 years with this approach and I am sure others have as well.

• Like 1

Never used straps never want to, Seen a huge dude at the gym use them for

everything. Never went to the gym again, made my

own gym and there is nothing in there that dont work

grip. People dont get that fact that working

your grip makes everything work harder plus nothing

Beats a thick set of forearms and hands. The ladys

Like a man not a fu;:' pu;; a!! B!^#^

I am of the opinion that straps have their place. Not at the expense of grip training.

• Like 1

I can see that but there not everything. Your body adapts

Without them

Never used straps never want to, Seen a huge dude at the gym use them for

everything. Never went to the gym again, made my

own gym and there is nothing in there that dont work

grip. People dont get that fact that working

your grip makes everything work harder plus nothing

Beats a thick set of forearms and hands. The ladys

Like a man not a fu;:' pu;; a!! B!^#^

Lol!! Mostly true

I can see that but there not everything. Your body adaptsWithout them

Definitely. Obviously not the way he was using them. Maybe like this lol:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3NZ_P9RL-A&list=UUXpTbhVCDiUccUuCP4NBGmQ
Thats a little different lol the guy im talkin about

used them for db bent over rows bench press everything!

I have to agree with Sam on this one and David. Who cares. I don't follow his routine, so why should I pick out a clip from youtube to randomly criticize. If I don't like it or agree with it, I just stop watching the video and move on.

I am far from perfect and am sure I would make some hideous videos if that was my thing. This WO seems to do good for this guy, so good for him. If we were all perfect, we wouldn't be here looking for advice all the time.

Maybe I should have followed my own advice and have just done the same here and skipped this thread. But, I do not want this board to become a place where unwarranted criticism is the norm. It's not good for the sender or the receiver.

Their is a good quote form Dale Carnegie that goes something like this: Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain. And most fools do.

Not a personal jab at CANCRUSHER, but just some decent words to live by. I love me some CANCRUSHER. His videos are always amazing and always motivational to me.

• Like 2