Huge Forearms

PeterSweden

I want huge forearms.

What will be the best way to get big forearms?

I have 38cm (14,9'') around the biggest part of my forearm atm, flexed.

I have to pass 40cm by 2014 :)

I know many armwrestlers have big forearms.

Maybe I should use some AW exercise?

What do you think?

Anyone with 40cm (15,7'') and above who can give some advice ;)?

Im not talking obese ppl with bad mass.

I know Joe M had a way of getting big but I felt it wasnt for me.

I want to be strong and look like popeye haha

LOL yeah, I agree, but forearms like JT Straussners are cool :)

Dude, your forearms are already pretty big lol. I think you have the size, but now it's a question of bodyfat. Forearms with lots of veins and visible muscle will only come if you're lean!

That being said, John Brookfield had this exercise where you put a pretty thick towel in a bucket of water and soak it real good. Then, you take the towel out and "ring it out" twisting it in all directions until all the water is gone from the towel and back into the bucket. Your forearms will be on fire like never before and that combined with a surplus in calories will help them grow.

• Like 2

A formulator-type thing maybe?

Never hear of such :=

Dude, your forearms are already pretty big lol. I think you have the size, but now it's a question of bodyfat. Forearms with lots of veins and visible muscle will only come if you're lean!

That being said, John Brookfield had this exercise where you put a pretty thick towel in a bucket of water and soak it real good. Then, you take the towel out and "ring it out" twisting it in all directions until all the water is gone from the towel and back into the bucket. Your forearms will be on fire like never before and that combined with a surplus in calories will help them grow.

Im trying to loose weight :) I've lost 17-18 kilos the last few months :)

Looks like you are working against yourself. Kind of hard to lose that much body weight and gain size at the same time.

You could employ the Chris Rice "yellow jacket" growth method! ;)

You could employ the Chris Rice "yellow jacket" growth method! ;)

Don't laugh - growth is significant and works within a few hours :)

• Like 1

Since starting using heavy grippers, working with my hands more and doing heavy hammer curls my forearms have gone from 12" to 13.75" so maybe doing some of that will help :grin:

• Like 1

Since starting using heavy grippers, working with my hands more and doing heavy hammer curls my forearms have gone from 12" to 13.75" so maybe doing some of that will help :grin:

God damn...how much overall weight did you put on? You must've gained 20 pounds or more

Looks like you are working against yourself. Kind of hard to lose that much body weight and gain size at the same time.

Yes and no :) I

I've lost 17kg in weight during the last 3-4 months.

Used to be 110kg "a blob of disgusting lard" as jim wendler would have put it.

Funny thing is that during this period my arms got harder but didnt shrink in size much.

I've kept the muscle atleast.

I want to slowly go down from 93kg to 90 kg and stay there.

Now I want to add size and strength at the same time if possible.

Edited by NewGrippster

• 2 weeks later...

I want 20 inch forearms

I'm still aiming for 13" :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My forearms got the biggest (not the strongest) when I used to do ultra high reps on cheap grippers till the springs would break. I used to do 1 rep with my left then 1 with my right, then 2 and 2, 4 and 4, 8 and 8, 16 and 16, 32 and 32, 64 and 64, and 128 and 128. only resting as long as it takes to do the other hand. My forearms are smaller now, but in my pictures section I have a pic from when my forearms were over 17 flexed (I think something like 16 unflexed). But like I said, they were no where near as strong as they are now.

My forearms got the biggest (not the strongest) when I used to do ultra high reps on cheap grippers till the springs would break. I used to do 1 rep with my left then 1 with my right, then 2 and 2, 4 and 4, 8 and 8, 16 and 16, 32 and 32, 64 and 64, and 128 and 128. only resting as long as it takes to do the other hand. My forearms are smaller now, but in my pictures section I have a pic from when my forearms were over 17 flexed (I think something like 16 unflexed). But like I said, they were no where near as strong as they are now.

High reps work amazing for forearm growth. if you have a plate loaded gripper, put a weight on there that you can do for about 20-40 good controlled reps. or invest in an orbigrip by david horne. using that x3-4 a week will make a big difference. and do some reverse curls for the extensors not to cause an imbalance.

EDIT: i found when i was doing super high reps with plate loaded gripper, my support grip improved a great amount along with forearm size, but i was still on the #1.5. do both to reap all the benefits.

Edited by alexjones234

The wrist roller is the best mass builder IMO. If you use it with your arms hanging straight down; and use full ROM,it's the best.

You don't roll it up; just roll your wrists up as much as you can; you don't use a lot of cord this way. And wrist curls with a bar can be done the same way. To get a better ROM for the flexors' wrist curl, you will put the hands and bar behind you, and curl. You will have some bend in your elbows for the latter exercise.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

High reps work amazing for forearm growth. if you have a plate loaded gripper, put a weight on there that you can do for about 20-40 good controlled reps. or invest in an orbigrip by david horne. using that x3-4 a week will make a big difference. and do some reverse curls for the extensors not to cause an imbalance.

EDIT: i found when i was doing super high reps with plate loaded gripper, my support grip improved a great amount along with forearm size, but i was still on the #1.5. do both to reap all the benefits.

Sand bucket works great too

I want huge forearms.

What will be the best way to get big forearms?

I have 38cm (14,9'') around the biggest part of my forearm atm, flexed.

I have to pass 40cm by 2014 :)

I know many armwrestlers have big forearms.

Maybe I should use some AW exercise?

What do you think?

Anyone with 40cm (15,7'') and above who can give some advice ;)?

Im not talking obese ppl with bad mass.

I know Joe M had a way of getting big but I felt it wasnt for me.

I want to be strong and look like popeye haha

Was just wondering how your quest for forearm size was going. Have you been improving?

• Like 1

I dont know :)

Im so focused on my euro pinch that I cant think about other stuff :)

Yesterday after 3x6@85% on the euro I did a full 31'' sledge finger walk with a 10 lbs sledge that I had put another 5 lbs on tho :) and my thumbpad looked like a baseball afterwards hahaha

Im so focused on my euro pinch that I cant think about other stuff

There's nothing wrong with that man. I always thought it was kind of silly to focus on getting bigger (i.e. bodybuilding) and not concentrating on getting a lot stronger as well. I can see you agree! I think its best to reach milestones in both disciplines. :cool Good luck man.

• Like 1

I think bodybuilding is narcissistic and abit homosexual to honest.

Flash before function.

Big forearms are cool tho.

Make you look powerful even tho the rest of the body aint that big :)