Additional Updates To Records Page

barbe705

I am going to be combining the gripper lists into 1 thread. there will be an addition of GHP's to the list. a 20mm block(at least will be required for the video. If there's interest we will have lists with other block sets(GHP, CCS, etc.) This is NOT taking the place of the MM ladder, the certs run by GHP, or the Ironmind cert process.

also this week I'll be combining the Inch DB lifts with the "Inch DB and "Other". this will be inch and blob, inch and plates, etc. We have the updated rules for the inch lift:

1. Inch must be scaled on video and weigh at least 170-lbs

2. Chalk ONLY may be used. No other grip aids.
3. The Inch must be lifted as level as possible with only minor deviations from level, and must be level at the top of the lift.

4. Lifter must reach a point where the knees, hips and off-hand shoulder lock out in alignment with one another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuIb6auAtGw#t=456

5. Inch Dumbbell does NOT have to be controlled to the floor.

6. The following techniques may be used: straddle position, grip neutral; straddle position, grip overhand; suitcase position.

also, we are working on the rules for a partial inch lift list. this will be a load to a platform. details are being hammered out.

• Like 2

I forgot to mention that we will also be adding a slot for baby inch lifts and 64k, 58k, 53k, 48k, and 42k bells.

• Like 1

I have 38kg baby INCH. Is it good for list?

that's a good question. now that I think about it I'm not sure what "baby inch" means for weight. Is it stamped 38k?

that's a good question. now that I think about it I'm not sure what "baby inch" means for weight. Is it stamped 38k?

It´s Gladiator INCH : http://shop.gladiatorpower.eu/Inch-Hanteln/?XTCsid=4441b2152a089091d8085bc74eb3adfb

If you watch this video 0.41 forward you can see 38 mark.

• Like 1

I'll make a 38k slot then.

we don't have the gladiator products distributed in the US. that's why i made slots for all the Kg bells from strength shop as well as the full inch. looks like none of the sizes are the same. oh well. if a vid comes up we can make a slot for it.

• Like 1

I'll make a 38k slot then.

we don't have the gladiator products distributed in the US. that's why i made slots for all the Kg bells from strength shop as well as the full inch. looks like none of the sizes are the same. oh well. if a vid comes up we can make a slot for it.

Thanks for your kindly work Brent. You do marvelous job!

• Like 2

Thanks Juha.

I would like to point something out. all the fuss about the mods running things and not putting them to a vote, etc. right now there are 3 feats waiting votes. they have been posted since oct 1 and they haven't been voted on 20 times. the rules are clearly posted and the polls are super easy to use. this is another reason why we were reluctant to put the records in the hands of the forum...neglect. please vote on these lifts so that we can recognize the achievements of our athletes.

• Like 2

Thanks Juha.

I would like to point something out. all the fuss about the mods running things and not putting them to a vote, etc. right now there are 3 feats waiting votes. they have been posted since oct 1 and they haven't been voted on 20 times. the rules are clearly posted and the polls are super easy to use. this is another reason why we were reluctant to put the records in the hands of the forum...neglect. please vote on these lifts so that we can recognize the achievements of our athletes.

Completely agree. I always vote whenever I see a poll in the recent topics list. However I do not know where to find the polls once there out of the recent topics list on the homepage. I'm probably missing something very obvious...

Thanks Juha.

...or 7 days? Or am I missing something?

Thanks Juha.

the polls need 20 votes with at least 80%. if they don't reach that point then they don't pass. we had some there for almost a week with only 12 votes.

Thanks Juha.

I think Mike is referring to this on the rules page:

Here are the logistics/rules for the Community Records and Stats:

• Voting will be open for 7 days or 20 votes minimum. Whichever happens first. The poll will then be locked.
  • Must get a 80% score of "pass" for the total number of votes.

Don't get me wrong, their should be no excuse for less than 20 votes over a week span considering how many active members we have here. I try my best not to miss voting on any feat unless it is my own. It literally takes a couple of minutes. People probably spend more time than that making sure so-and-so liked their last post. Hopefully it's just that it is still new and members are forgetting to look at the feat judging sub-forum.

that's kind of a typo. we don't want to pass something with only 1 vote. we may need to tweak that.

and while generally that is correct i don't exactly see not voting against it as evidence that the process is working.

I was just pointing out the rules but also don't believe a peer based voting system is best practice anyhow. A seasoned and qualified review panel will ALWAYS be better! :)

I was just pointing out the rules but also don't believe a peer based voting system is best practice anyhow. A seasoned and qualified review panel will ALWAYS be better! :)

So by that logic, a jury of your peers in a court of law is also a bad idea?

Edit: :)

In a court of law the judge will give the jury guidance and explain things as the case proceeds, just saying it's a better idea to have people who know what they're on about! ;)