Geralt Hulshof, Level 1

Cannon

gallery_9552_18_411.jpg

The GripBoard Proudly Certifies:

Geralt Hulshof

GripBoard Mash Monster Level 1

This certification is granted by The GripBoard as an independent third party with no ethical or commercial conflict of interest.

The Mash Monster Gripper is one of a limited number supplied and controlled by The GripBoard.

The gripper is closed with one hand under strict and uniformly ethical and authenticated conditions.

This momentous feat was demonstrated on video to assure it will be valid for posterity.

Official Mash Monster Video

Geralt mashes the GripBoard Mash Monster Gripper - Level 1

Mash Monster Profile

Name: Geralt Hulshof
Height: 1,96 mtr.
Weight: 102 kg
Date of Feat: March 1nd 2015
Witness: Bob v. Genugten (Artee) and Roy Wolfs (RoyZ)

How Long Grip Training: End 2008
Current Grip Training Program: Mainly grippers once per week and other gripwork supplementary

Other Training Info: Once / twice per week overall body training.

Acknowledgements: Thank you to my wife Krista for putting up with my hobby and Bob and Roy for being witness. Chez, Ivan B, Anthony C, Mike McKenzie, Nathaniel Brous, Joefrey, man, the list goes on and on. Everybody is very friendly and helpful over here.

gallery_15002_1376_22669.jpg

Geralt Hulshof, the 93rd man in the world to close the Mash Monster Gripper - Level 1.

Back to the Mash Monsters Main

Could you tell us a little about your background in lifting?
I started late with lifting, only after I started griptraining. So somewhere in 2009.

How did you get into grip training?
I got an injury from doing lots of pullups and through the internet I learned about the COC grippers. From there I read about the Gripboard.

You are now a GripBoard Mash Monster, what would you recommend to those aspiring to close this gripper?
Do not overtrain. I wasted a lot of time by doing to much with grippers. build up all around strength, taking all aspects of grip into account and after that, specialize for a specific goal.

What does your current grip routine look like?
Grippers once per week, either working up to singles (ladder principle) or volume, trying to put in a lot of sets and reps. Thickbar, leverwork, also all depending on how I feel.

How has your grip routine changed since you first started training your grip?
I threw everything in but the kitchensink and that was a problem, in hindsight. Stick to a program and adjust, tweak and stay at it. I believe from all grip implements, grippers are the most CNS based and troublesome things to work with.

There seems to be a significant variation in the frequency of grip workouts among trainees. Have you experimented with workout frequency and it’s affect on your training?
I'm not a volume guy for sure. In terms of multiple days per week.

Who do you most admire in gripdom?
Lots of guys, randomly: Steve Gardener, David Horne, Cesare, Ivan B, Tim Struse, Paul Knight, Andrew Durniat, John McCarter, Juha, Paul Savage, and several strongman. so many guys, each excelling in their own specialized field.

If you were to start over again with your grip training, what would you do differently?
Not overtraining. More all around.

What do you believe is the most difficult grip exercise?
Grippers. Very technical.

Do you have any parting advice for readers?
Stay consistent and work hard, there is no magical approach, every body works different, although we all look the same.

• Like 5

Congrats and thank you for the mention.

• Like 1

Congrats and thank you for the mention.

^^^This! :rock

• Like 1

Congrats!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the shout out brother! Congratulations once again.

• Like 1

Thanks for the mention Geralt and congrats again!